Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Music, Movies and TV
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

download music

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Team Devil
Team Devil

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: download music
    Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Iuckshot

Originally posted by Darkn3ss is QnL

*downloads games and downloads music*
and IDC. because everybody is downloading music nowadays.
Who even buys an album? Musicians already know that their music will be downloaded more then albums are bought.

For the artists themselves:
Just increase the number of concerts they give and raise the entry fee (around 30 bucks entry fee) and everybody is happy and still has money.
Like for example, Excision (dubstep) knows his albums are downloaded more then bought, but his concerts are so sick.. there are outsold every time he comes somewhere. People would even pay more money to see him.

Lol that sounds like
Well if 70% of people started stealing cars, who would care anyway? They're the majority, and appearantly it's easy enough.

Also, not all artists like giving live performances, and I can definitely imagine a lot of artists who can't even afford to take a break from a job for concerts before their songs start selling.

Downloading music also reminds me of downloading software/games.. There was this indie bundle where most of the profits went to a charity: the games were DRM free and you could choose your own price for it, starting from 0.01$; 90% of people still pirated it.

All artists who dont give performances is their own CHOICE. Then they indeed would have more people downloading their music then buying it and don't earn sh1t.

And it doesn't sound as if 70% stole cars who would care.... lol... Stealing cars is a CONTROLLABLE. By locking your car or strengthen your windows lol get an alarm. Downloading music is UNSTOPPABLE. Its everywhere. And If you don't do it, thats very good :) continue it, but 10 others WILL do it. Same could happen with the cars lol. But that can be controlled.

PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 8:46pm
If I learned anything from movies, you can't secure a car at all :x
Also, what would you say about killing people then? xD
phhiLLN View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote phhiLLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 11:22pm
getting your car jacked is controllable? maybe in europe lol
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 12:01am
Most artists who make mixtapes usually give out a free CD. Yes, a free CD. Meaning download it. The cool thing about it is, the artist knows he/she will get their money back by doing shows and tours. They average around 20K to 50K; Or even higher.

Now for an album, yes it is wrong to download there whole CD, but most people don't care. Hell, Lil Wayne said, "Shout out to every DJ, bootleggers, I made histor-y anyway" meaning you can download my sh*t, but im still making cake.
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 7:44am
Lil Wayne is hardly the starting artist though, who actually needs an income to sustain doing any shows. I doubt an artist will get any backing to do a show if he doesn't sell music - who would sponsor someone who hasn't proved he can sell anything?
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 11:01am
Artists don't make much from music sales. Never have, never will. The production/publishing companies take that money. Artists make their money off tours and merchandise sales. Therefore, downloading music doesn't hurt the artist. In fact there are many studies that suggest that illegal downloads have helped a lot of artists regarding their popularity and audience base. Without file sharing services, their audience would be limited to people who buy CDs and radio airplay.
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 4:25am

Come on now lol. You understand what I'm trying to tell.

I'm just saying that I don't care about downloading music/movies/software.
Everybody does it, so why should you that one unique snowflake buying their music?
If you do, thats great. God will surely reward you by turning you into you into a unicorn next life....
Just saying.

PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 4:25am
Originally posted by Pinnacle

Artists don't make much from music sales. Never have, never will. The production/publishing companies take that money. Artists make their money off tours and merchandise sales. Therefore, downloading music doesn't hurt the artist. In fact there are many studies that suggest that illegal downloads have helped a lot of artists regarding their popularity and audience base. Without file sharing services, their audience would be limited to people who buy CDs and radio airplay.

Also ^
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 4:26am
Originally posted by OneMan1Army

Most artists who make mixtapes usually give out a free CD. Yes, a free CD. Meaning download it. The cool thing about it is, the artist knows he/she will get their money back by doing shows and tours. They average around 20K to 50K; Or even higher.

Now for an album, yes it is wrong to download there whole CD, but most people don't care. Hell, Lil Wayne said, "Shout out to every DJ, bootleggers, I made histor-y anyway" meaning you can download my sh*t, but im still making cake.

And also ^
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 4:44am
Originally posted by Darkn3ss is QnL

Come on now lol. You understand what I'm trying to tell.

I'm just saying that I don't care about downloading music/movies/software.
Everybody does it, so why should you that one unique snowflake buying their music?
If you do, thats great. God will surely reward you by turning you into you into a unicorn next life....
Just saying.

I was just saying that 'everyone does it' isnt a good reason lol
I missed pinnacles post.. I can imagine how everyone will want to take a cut from sales, I just want to know how an artist would get ever get enough of a backing if not for those who want a cut - a beginning band might only be able to get gigs in cafes where no one will remember their name anyway, and they likely wont sell much merchandise until people know their names either
A band can definitely gain popularity through downloads, but how many people will download or even come across bands theyve never heard (anything good) about? Surely they need some backing?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12