Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Music, Movies and TV
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

download music

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Team PcX
Team PcX

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote env_1ner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: download music
    Posted: 06 Oct 2011 at 11:37pm
Im just want to know where do you guys download your music from. I recently tried rapsody thing and it isnt campatible with iphone. any suggestions something that acutally works cool i tried a lot already.
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 4:58am
i just use realplayer and convert youtube vids xD
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 5:57am
You mean HOW do we download music? With which application you mean?

I have a free music downloader app on my Samsung Galaxy S.

On my PC I run BitTorrent Lite. You can even download whole albums/discographies in one torrent with that.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 6:01pm
itunes

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 7:50pm
Frostwire (which is similar to limewire. Limewire was either bought out or shutdown.)
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
VEDA View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote VEDA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 9:30pm
Luckywire.com <--(the new limewire)...  Beemp3.com
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 8:24am
Lol. Every program ending up with "Wire" is gueranteed to give more virusses and SH1T on your computer then you can possibly imagine.

I had Limewire before. I have to say I have never seen so much spyware and virusses in all those files.

Torrent lets you download complete albums. If you don't want the full album you can even pick the songs from the album you like and download those only. Besides before downloading the torrent you can see what people commented on that torrent. Is it virusfree? Does the provided file even work? 
In comparison to Limewire it only gave me a gigantic list of files I could download without knowing it would be safe or either work before throwing it through my virusscanner 
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 8:42am

That's why you always need virus protection. Safety first.

"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 1:08pm
Or stop being a cheap ass and buy music from itunes. I used limewire forever and had so much spyware on my computer it was hardly useable. i got what i deserved and so will you guys. buy your music. its cheap. Itunes.... 

Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 1:20pm
lol@buying music

just find a website that converts youtube vids to mp3s
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 1:22pm
Some of us have money :S

Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 1:28pm
Nowadays I just download music to try it out and buy it if I like it enough
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Sephiroth_V7

some of us are smart enough with our money not to spend $1 on a 3 minute mp3 file   :3
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 1:35pm
Pay 60 dollar for a mediocre 8 hour game vs a few dollars for an album I'll listen for hours
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Phenethylamine

some of us are smart enough with our money not to spend $1 on a 3 minute mp3 file   :3

Smart enough as in can't afford to? Doesn't seem to affect me too much. ;)

Bring it mother fvcker hahaha

Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 1:40pm

Originally posted by Phenethylamine

Smart enough as in can't afford to? Doesn't seem to affect me too much. ;)

Bring it mother fvcker hahaha
wut? I just choose NOT to spend my money in stupid places  (:  Big affect or not, stupid purchase is stupid   O:
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 1:43pm
Well i'd rather support other industries instead of robbing them, but to each their own i guess.

Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 1:47pm
meh, i have no conscience.....even though deep down I know they're going bankrupt without my 1$  ;-;!!!!!!!!!
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 1:48pm
Lol thing is, out of everyone posting here, so far 2 ppl said they pay for their albums :o
That adds up
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 1:55pm
That money gets split so much though that they have to sell a **** load. Yes obviously the artist benefits the most from it but its the little guy that counts. How would you like it if i stole from where you work and you got a pay cut because of it? Just my opinion

Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 3:31pm
*downloads games and downloads music*
and IDC. because everybody is downloading music nowadays.
Who even buys an album? Musicians already know that their music will be downloaded more then albums are bought.

For the artists themselves:
Just increase the number of concerts they give and raise the entry fee (around 30 bucks entry fee) and everybody is happy and still has money.
Like for example, Excision (dubstep) knows his albums are downloaded more then bought, but his concerts are so sick.. there are outsold every time he comes somewhere. People would even pay more money to see him.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 3:38pm
i only go out and buy albums from people i am a fan of, otherwise, Youtube is fine for me
im also using spotify now, 10 bucks a month, almost any song in high quality, not a bad deal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Darkn3ss is QnL

*downloads games and downloads music*
and IDC. because everybody is downloading music nowadays.
Who even buys an album? Musicians already know that their music will be downloaded more then albums are bought.

For the artists themselves:
Just increase the number of concerts they give and raise the entry fee (around 30 bucks entry fee) and everybody is happy and still has money.
Like for example, Excision (dubstep) knows his albums are downloaded more then bought, but his concerts are so sick.. there are outsold every time he comes somewhere. People would even pay more money to see him.

Lol that sounds like
Well if 70% of people started stealing cars, who would care anyway? They're the majority, and appearantly it's easy enough.

Also, not all artists like giving live performances, and I can definitely imagine a lot of artists who can't even afford to take a break from a job for concerts before their songs start selling.

Downloading music also reminds me of downloading software/games.. There was this indie bundle where most of the profits went to a charity: the games were DRM free and you could choose your own price for it, starting from 0.01$; 90% of people still pirated it.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 4:03pm

That money gets split so much though that they have to sell a **** load. Yes obviously the artist benefits the most from it but its the little guy that counts. How would you like it if i stole from where you work and you got a pay cut because of it? Just my opinion
It'd be out of my control, so I'd choose not to care.  (;

Also, I don't think things such as rhapsody or whatever rican uses/paying a bit for unlimited music is that dumb.
Itunes is dumb as shi­t tho.

Music is not on the level of video games, in terms of illegally downloading.

If you pay for music, you might as well pay for pictures you save on your computers  (;  You know, someone worked hard creating that awesome wallpaper.....you should pay a dollar for it.

Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 4:13pm
I don't know about a lot of people whose aspiration is to be a world-wide known wallpaper-maker though :x
Who quit their jobs to make wallpapers
I guess I don't mind supporting bands/artists who make stuff I like, to make it more feasible for them to make more
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>