FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

favorite book series

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: favorite book series
    Posted: 22 Oct 2011 at 9:41am
what are some of your favorite book series?

mine are (in no specific order):

The Dark Tower by Stephen King (fav books out of this series are: book 3 The Wastelands, book 5 Wolves of the Calla, and book 7 The Dark Tower)

Border Trilogy by Cormack McCarthy

Dune series by Frank Herbert (read the first three)

The Courtney series by Wilbur Smith (When The Lion Feeds, The Sound of Thunder, A Sparrow Falls) When The Lion Feeds is one of my favorite books.

The Egyptian series by Wilbur Smith (only reccomend this because River God is so good and Warlock is a good sequel to river god. the quest is ehh okay)

just started getting into fantasy books and i like it. i read the hobbit and the lord of the rings when i was a kid but i havent really got into the genre until now.

Gardens of the Moon, book 1 of Malazan Book of the Fallen series by Steven Erikson. im halfway through book 1 and i have to say that it's very very good. super gritty and violent with great characters. 10 book series btw
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2011 at 3:46pm

Edit: i removed my retarded ass post, sorry bout that

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2011 at 10:38pm
My cousin loves the Dune Series, i remember visiting her in Boston for christmas and she just sat their for a whole afternoon reading the latest installement and finished the whole book. I think im gonna give the first one a try.

As for book series I like, id have to say Hunter S. Thompson's novels of his personas and the Dexter series.

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 1:01am
yeah dune is addicting because there is so much build up and the world and story is bad ass. the first book came out in 1965 ha pretty cool
- Best Coast

SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Sephiroth_V7

<font ="Apple-style-span" color="#ff33cc">F@g
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
i2ic0chet View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote i2ic0chet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2011 at 12:29am
Joe Ledger series is great! By comic writer Jonathan Maberry.

"The Walking Dead" even though it's a graphic novel it is still a top notch continuing read.

"Intensity" by Dean Koontz

The "Jack Reacher" series by Lee Child is by far the best writing I have read.  If you have not heard of it you need to definitely check it out. 

Earl and Bob Lee Swagger series' are great also.

One of NonFiction about a marine sniper by the name of *Charles Hathc***e" ( I think I spelled his name right ).  Either way he has intense stories about his situations during his time in the military in times of war.  Check it out!
FehtalaTee View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2011 at 9:04pm
Ultimate spider man comics- read all of them.

Naruto manga- 564 comic books still going with a new 1 every week.

other DC and Marvel comics i read but those are my fav XD and yea im a geek ;/
Me and Penguins about to go HAAAAAM!!
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 12:05am
Originally posted by i2ic0chet

Joe Ledger series is great! By comic writer Jonathan Maberry.

"The Walking Dead" even though it's a graphic novel it is still a top notch continuing read.

"Intensity" by Dean Koontz

The "Jack Reacher" series by Lee Child is by far the best writing I have read.  If you have not heard of it you need to definitely check it out. 

Earl and Bob Lee Swagger series' are great also.

One of NonFiction about a marine sniper by the name of *Charles Hathc***e" ( I think I spelled his name right ).  Either way he has intense stories about his situations during his time in the military in times of war.  Check it out!
sounds interesting, i might check it out.

i'm reading House of Chains right now, book 4 of "A Tale of The Malazan Book of The Fallen" series by Steven Erikson. so far it's the best series i've ever read ha. this series is super gritty with plenty of grey characters and a very interesting/unique magic system.
Karsa Orlong, Ganoes Paran, Quick Ben, and Kalam are my favs

this is an excerpt from House of Chains. i know it's long but i gotta post it haha

The shoreline ahead probably did not deserve the word, but nothing else came to Trull Sengar's mind as he was dragged along its verge. The beach was nothing more than silt, heaped against a huge wall that seemed to stretch from horizon to horizon. The wall had withstood the flood, though water now streamed down it on the opposite side.

Bodies on his left, a sheer drop of seven, maybe eight man-heights to his right, the top of the wall itself slightly less than thirty paces across; that it held back an entire sea whispered of sorcery. The broad, flat stones underfoot were smeared with mud, but already drying in the heat, dun-coloured insects dancing on its surface, leaping from the path of Trull Sengar and his captors.

Trull still experienced difficulty comprehending that notion. Captors. A word he struggled with. They were his brothers, after all. Kin. Faces he had known all his life, faces he had seen smile, and laugh, and faces---at times---filled with a grief that had mirrored his own. He had stood at their sides through all that had happened, the glorious triumphs, the soul-wrenching losses.

Captors.

There were no smiles, now. No laughter. The expressions of those who held him were fixed and cold.

What we have come to.

The march ended. Hands pushed Trull Sengar down, heedless of his bruises, the cuts and the gouges that still leaked blood. Massive iron rings had been set, for some unknown purpose, by this world's now-dead inhabitants, along the top of the wall, anchored in the heart of the huge stone blocks. The rings were evenly spaced down the wall's length, at intervals of fifteen or so paces, for as far as Trull could see.

Now, those rings had found a new function.

Chains were wrapped around Trull Sengar, shackles hammered into place on his wrists and ankles. A studded girdle was cinched painfully tight about his midriff, the chains drawn through iron loops and pulled taut to pin him down beside the iron ring. A hinged metal press was affixed to his jaw, his mouth forced open and the plate pushed in and locked in place over his tongue.

The Shorning followed. A dagger inscribed a circle on his forehead, followed by a jagged slash to break that circle, the point pushed deep enough to gouge the bone. Ash was rubbed into the wounds. His long single braid was removed with rough hacks that made a bloody mess of his nape. A thick, cloying unguent was then smeared through his remaining hair, massaged down to the pate. Within a few hours, the rest of his hair would fall away, leaving him permanently bald.

The Shorning was an absolute thing, an irreversible act of severance. He was now outcast. To his brothers, he had ceased to exist. He would not be mourned. His deeds would vanish from memory along with his name. His mother and father would have birthed one less child. This was, for his people, the most dire punishment---worse than execution by far.

Yet, Trull Sengar had committed no crime.

And this is what we have come to.

They stood above him, perhaps only now comprehending what they had done.

A familiar voice broke the silence. 'We will speak of him now, and once we have left this place, he will cease to be our brother.'

'We will speak of him now,' the others intoned, then one added, 'He betrayed you.'

The first voice was cool, revealing nothing of the gloat that Trull Sengar knew would be there. 'You say he betrayed me.'

'He did, brother.'

'What proof do you have?'

'By his own tongue.'

'Is it just you who claims to have heard such betrayal spoken?'

'No, I too heard it, brother.'

'And I.'

'And what did our brother say to you all?'

'He said that you had severed your blood from ours.'

'That you now served a hidden master.'

'That your ambition would lead us all to our deaths---'

'Our entire people.'

'He spoke against me, then.'

'He did.'

'By his own tongue, he accused me of betraying our people.'

'He did.'

- Best Coast

jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by YINYANG

My cousin loves the Dune Series, i remember visiting her in Boston for christmas and she just sat their for a whole afternoon reading the latest installement and finished the whole book. I think im gonna give the first one a try.

As for book series I like, id have to say Hunter S. Thompson's novels of his personas and the Dexter series.
hunter thompsons the ****
shine on you crazy diamond
xX-RJD3-Xx View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Headhunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote xX-RJD3-Xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2011 at 12:29pm
playboy and harry potter
 Post Reply Post Reply