FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedReligion is BS thread.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Religion is BS thread.
    Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 2:15pm
Just curious if Bain or a other mod could comment.  Is religion no longer a viable topic?  I seen that thread locked with no mod comment, hope to get this cleared up.
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 4:01pm
its a sensitive subject man and I was in a bad mood and angry and most likely shouldnt have posted it.

UT3 hasnt done me any favours for years, I had fun once upon a time on UT3 back when tRi started up but all thats left is someone who isnt having fun anymore because of people been cruel to a nice guy but thats how people are.

its quite sad that people complain about a game when there are people starving in the wrold and I have 3 meals a day and loving family and friends so it bothers me not but where is GOD? if he can turn water into wine, cure the ill, feed the hungry and bring him self back from the dead then how can he not cure the world of injustice and world hungar.

religion should have been like halloween, everyone knows that halloween is just an excuse to watch horror movies, eat sweets and dress up and none of it is actually real but religion is about the most important subject in the world seen as most things revolve around it and always have done and always will do. Religion has caused 10X more death than all the War's in this world combined and 1000's of people die everyday and always will do because of a so called GOD that actually doesnt exsist.

I know people need to have a faith in something but you cant argue with hardcore scientific evidence that its just not possible for a devine being to exsist in a paralell universe. again its all my opinion and dont expect anyone to agree.
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 5:09pm
What are you doing about the poor, the fatherless, the ill, etc?
If God is real, you ask why doesn't He do something?
If God isn't real, then why aren't you doing something?
Team Devil
Team Devil

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by ax412

What are you doing about the poor, the fatherless, the ill, etc?If God is real, you ask why doesn't He do something?If God isn't real, then why aren't you doing something?
I give the odd bit of cash to Chilfren in Need which is a British Charity but Im not rich and cant afford to cure the world so sorry about that. maybe you should pray and it will start raining pizza on Ethiopia.
Tacote_del_Orno View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 5:41pm
Ppl look out for themselves or their clans/family and what not, not game clans, so most don't feel that need to do something 4 complete strangers. I myself don't believe in god, but not because of scientific evidence or contradictions or anything of the sorts, I have a gud life, never been horribly wronged. I think life is what u make it no divine plan or nothing. i think personally that religion is psychological safety net 4 ppl to calm/vent whatever they are feeling gud or bad, while i myself dont believe i think its important to society to have something of this nature. If it helps other ppl feel gud so be it.
@ CS the world is filled with @s$H0l3s and gud ppl, but far more @s$H0l3s than gud ppl. i wouldn't  let it bother u so much, after all they are just names behind a screen, they are nobodies to u.
Tacote_del_Orno View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 5:42pm
PS not calling anyone out just the way i look at ppl in games XP
Team Devil
Team Devil

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by Tacote_del_Orno

Ppl look out for themselves or their clans/family and what not, not game clans, so most don't feel that need to do something 4 complete strangers. I myself don't believe in god, but not because of scientific evidence or contradictions or anything of the sorts, I have a gud life, never been horribly wronged. I think life is what u make it no divine plan or nothing. i think personally that religion is psychological safety net 4 ppl to calm/vent whatever they are feeling gud or bad, while i myself dont believe i think its important to society to have something of this nature. If it helps other ppl feel gud so be it. @ CS the world is filled with @s$H0l3s and gud ppl, but far more @s$H0l3s than gud ppl. i wouldn't  let it bother u so much, after all they are just names behind a screen, they are nobodies to u.
I agree with you so Im not complaining
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 5:57pm
Lunchy, Religion threads don't mix well with the community.. getting rid of the thread wasn't an action that had meaning behind it.. just an attempt to keep the peace, a small one at that. The mod who got rid of it did it on good intentions. If this thread opens up it might get taken down, just a heads up.

Oh! and you're right, we should of commented on it before closing it, we apologize for that.
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 6:31pm

yeah keep the thread closed and why does lunchy want it back open have the jews pissed in ur cherrios lunchy and u want to say something about religion

Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 7:21pm
allow it then ban it? there shouldnt b a halfway house even if its fist of fury it gets taken down. Why not simply ban all religious threads, actually ban all threads that are meant to cause offence and just stick to gaming ones. Allow all the d1ck fencing threads - my d1cks bigger than ur d1ck, the my d1ck got better aim, my d1ck is an a-class talent and the my d1ck is an all mode d1ck. One things for sure on here, controversy creates interest!
BTW i aint saying pulling the thread is a bad thing - its just inconsistent.
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by ColossusSlayer

Originally posted by ax412

What are you doing about the poor, the fatherless, the ill, etc?If God is real, you ask why doesn't He do something?If God isn't real, then why aren't you doing something?
I give the odd bit of cash to Children in Need which is a British Charity but Im not rich and cant afford to cure the world so sorry about that. maybe you should pray and it will start raining pizza on Ethiopia.

Lol maybe if everyone did what you did, then we could feed everyone in Ethiopia? (it's not like we couldn't do it with the money we already use unwisely)
I'm a firm believer in everything that's wrong with man, man brought upon himself.

The West does next to nothing in Darfur, but readily invades Iraq and bombs Libya.

Why aren't we helping Ethiopia CS? Don't get mad at God, get mad our own terrible governments.

In the Christian faith, God gave man the power to shape the world. We are not as innocent as you would like to believe. Mankind as a whole just refuses to take action and thus blames it on God. Because if we wanted too, we could stop a lot of the crap in the world. We just poorly use our money, our intelligence, our labor, and our consciences.
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 8:09pm
i smell a ban...which is a shame cos learning different perspectives in a respectful way is a good thing..
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 9:14pm
Thanks JP, just wanted to know whats acceptable now, I've been absent as of late. So for my two cents. I don't help no one. If God has a plan, then what ever I do is his will. I kill someone, it's his will. So effectively we're all puppets giving faux praise to our creator. That's comparable to me programing my computer to tell me I'm awesome, except of a more ridiculous scale.
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 10:20pm
yyyuuuup closed
 Post Reply Post Reply