Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Fists of Fury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

PSU students

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PSU students
    Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 11:35am
alright i have to get this out cause these f***ing people are a bunch of idiots. the students need to get a grip on what happened and the magnitude of what happened. this goes beyond football you f***ing morons. Joe Pa knew about what was goin on and didnt do what he should of. the PSU board did the right thing. Joe even admitted to knowing and said he didnt do enough. its one thing to make a mistake about something small but when it deals with kids being sexually abused there is no room for mistakes. the students are so f***ing stupid that they dont even realize what happened to these kids. no Joe didnt do it but he didnt stop it and knew about it and the students are supporting him for it. are you f***ing kidding me. i sorry but you dont get a pass on not reporting kids being sexually abused cause ur f***ing Joe Pa of Penn State. wake the f*** up PS students the guy did wrong and will have to deal with what comes. im not saying hes the worst guy ever but like i said there is no room for mistakes for what was happening.

sorry but it just really pisses me off the way the students are acting. basically saying it was ok that he didnt say anything to stop what was goin cause hes Joe Pa of Penn State. no one gets a pass when it comes to what happend. just goes to show you how ignorant people really are.
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 12:07pm
I'll give my 2 cents when i have a moment.  and i'll discuss what my father said as well.  FYI...Sandusky was his coach when he played in the early 70's.  
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 12:38pm
shoot all rioters and looters!!!
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 2:37pm
Milly, it's not JoePa's responsibility to report anything. Perhaps you have your facts VERY WRONG! Here's how it went down:

McQueary went to Paterno and reported seeing Sandusky assaulting a young boy in the Penn State showers. Paterno notified the athletic director, Tim Curley, and a vice president, Gary Schultz, who in turn notified Spanier.

However, he in fact did report it. He was notified by one of his assistant coaches. He told the AD and the VP, which are higher authorities than JoePa at a University. The AD and VP told the Dean, which is a higher authority that the AD and VP. It's not JoePa's responsibility to call the cops on anyone. I think this whole thing is horse s h i t. I can careless about PSU, but what they are doing is deflecting the blame from themselves as a University.

Why aren't they all canned? Isn't the AD more responsible of an athletic program than the coach of the program? Yes he is.

For f u c k s sakes, the guy that actually witnessed the illegal acts is still coaching at PSU. McQueary saw the child molestation going on. What's their excuse for keeping him on staff?

In summary, JoePa did nothing wrong. He did what I would have done, which is notify my superior.  JoePa has absolutely no obligation or requirement to get involved and tell law enforcement. YOU CANNOT BE PUNISHED FOR NOT DOING SOMETHING, even legally.

Your ranting sounds like these Occupy Wallstreet morons. Find any issue and blame anyone and everyone for it.

Do yourself a favor and immediately pick up the phone and call the cops and report everyone that you know or heard has committed a crime. Unless you do that, you're a hypocrit.

Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 4:08pm
i will agree with you on one thing. everyone that knew and did not go to the cops should be canned. and maybe you read my post wrong but my post was more ranting on how the students are acting so get that straight.

let me ask you something. if you witness someone kill someone what would you do? go to the cops right. this is no dif.

i will admit i have not watched every interview with every person, but i have heard enough to know what happened wasnt handled right. Joe Pa himself said he should have done more. so what does that tell you? that he knows he was wrong. so before you get all high and mighty on my rant get ur **** right as well.
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Pinnacle

Milly, it's not JoePa's responsibility to report anything. Perhaps you have your facts VERY WRONG! Here's how it went down:

McQueary went to Paterno and reported seeing Sandusky assaulting a young boy in the Penn State showers. Paterno notified the athletic director, Tim Curley, and a vice president, Gary Schultz, who in turn notified Spanier.

However, he in fact did report it. He was notified by one of his assistant coaches. He told the AD and the VP, which are higher authorities than JoePa at a University. The AD and VP told the Dean, which is a higher authority that the AD and VP. It's not JoePa's responsibility to call the cops on anyone. I think this whole thing is horse s h i t. I can careless about PSU, but what they are doing is deflecting the blame from themselves as a University.

Why aren't they all canned? Isn't the AD more responsible of an athletic program than the coach of the program? Yes he is.

For f u c k s sakes, the guy that actually witnessed the illegal acts is still coaching at PSU. McQueary saw the child molestation going on. What's their excuse for keeping him on staff?

In summary, JoePa did nothing wrong. He did what I would have done, which is notify my superior.  JoePa has absolutely no obligation or requirement to get involved and tell law enforcement. YOU CANNOT BE PUNISHED FOR NOT DOING SOMETHING, even legally.

Your ranting sounds like these Occupy Wallstreet morons. Find any issue and blame anyone and everyone for it.

Do yourself a favor and immediately pick up the phone and call the cops and report everyone that you know or heard has committed a crime. Unless you do that, you're a hypocrit.

If you report it , it means you are not condoning it. However beyond the legal aspect of it , I agree that he should have taken more responsibility in the situation, but the law is the law and he did not break it, nor did he ignore the situation entirely or try to cover it up so really what can you do?

BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 4:24pm
Paterno covered his a$$, that's all. Probably from the advice of some attorney who still has a job.
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 4:30pm
This situation deals with many political factors. I mean its a school FFS, as far as reputation goes its more than just football. The situation was obviously covered up because no parent would send their child to a school known for child molesters. PSU is in desperation mode. In the end they f u c k e d up big time. You can be assured that even though some of the faculty will still have jobs that school will pay the price in the future with lower admissions and a scar that will never EVER go away. Believe me what the faculty feels now is almost like getting a death sentence, this situation really is that piece of s h i t that just wont flush down the toilet. And with the severity of the crime they deserve it.

Milly View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Milly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 4:57pm
just think about this for a min. i want you to think if it was your kid or little brother/sister or niece/nephew. would you be ok with someone, if they knew and only told someone else? the answer is no you wouldnt. you would have wanted them to do something about it, like taking the proper action. there is no way u can tell me you could sit down and look that person in the eye and they werent even the one who did it. but they knew and didnt notify the proper people to put a stop to it.

anyway like i said my first rant wasnt about Joe Pa it was how the students are reacting. i was stating what i did about Joe Pa to put it in perspective, and using it to say why i think they are acting the wrong way.
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 8:52pm
Joe wasn't responsible? It was his coaching staff wasn't it.. isn't his coaching staff apart of his responsibility? Good or bad?  He gets paid for the actions of his coaches on and off the field on school grounds. You're pretty much saying that Joe can have sexual offenders on his coaching staff where they can brutally **** girls in the school showers under his watch and Joe can set his feet on his desk and not have a care in the world?

From the articles and news clippings I've been reading all of them said that the majority of the staff knew what was going on and no one went to the police right away. The only thing I disagree with is that the guy who committed wasn't fired, but I'm sure that won't last long.

This isn't some common crime, this is child molestation for crying out loud, any staff who was aware of it and didn't by legal stand point obey the laws should get punished. I'm ashamed of the PSU staff and everyone at PSU, in the world or on this gaming website who feels that Joe wasn't responsible for this. The guy even said he f***ed up. No one should feel sorry for anyone but the boy who was molested and his family!

And Pin, granted I respect your opinion, even though I think you're 100% wrong. This happened in 2002 and we are hearing this now? Obviously Joe didn't contact authorities, no one did!! Either way, I would never call you out as an individual, argue about the issue.. not Milly.

Foxnews.com---

Paterno has come under harsh criticism, including from within the community known as Happy Valley, for not taking more action in 2002 after then-graduate assistant and current assistant coach Mike McQueary came to him and reported seeing Jerry Sandusky in the Penn State showers with a 10-year-old boy.

Took them 9 years to do something about this? Pathetic!
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 6:51pm
I killed it! Damnit!
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by JPINATOR

I killed it! Damnit!

Its friday and you want to have a debate on child molestation? I think you better get your hair done fehtalatee is waiting outside in his viper.

Aquaknot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Wheres my sock?!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Aquaknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 7:07pm
As a father with kids in this age range, I just have to say something.

I completely understand the "no legal duty to report" aspect of this matter to anyone other than a supervisor above my position.

However, come the f uck on here.  If I walked in on someone butt fu cking a little boy, not only would he spend the rest of his days picking pieces of my boot out of his ass, he would be in jail.  I would blow every f ucking whistle I could find.

What ever happened to common sense and adult responsibility?  What ever happened to doing the right thing, no matter the consequences?  There are NO political ramifications for reporting a child molester.  I certainly wouldn't want to be the guy who treated the whistle blower poorly and then face the public as an apologist for a piece of f ucking sh1t pedophile.

Looking the other way is what happened to a little girl in China who was driven over by several vehicles and people just looked at her mangled body and kept on walking and driving by.  Shameful.

Carry on.
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Aquaknot

As a father with kids in this age range, I just have to say something.

I completely understand the "no legal duty to report" aspect of this matter to anyone other than a supervisor above my position.

However, come the f uck on here.  If I walked in on someone butt fu cking a little boy, not only would he spend the rest of his days picking pieces of my boot out of his ass, he would be in jail.  I would blow every f ucking whistle I could find.

What ever happened to common sense and adult responsibility?  What ever happened to doing the right thing, no matter the consequences?  There are NO political ramifications for reporting a child molester.  I certainly wouldn't want to be the guy who treated the whistle blower poorly and then face the public as an apologist for a piece of f ucking sh1t pedophile.

Looking the other way is what happened to a little girl in China who was driven over by several vehicles and people just looked at her mangled body and kept on walking and driving by.  Shameful.

Carry on.
Great post and great sig.
phhiLLN View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote phhiLLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 9:14pm
JoePa > all
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by phhiLLN

JoePa > all

shut up troll
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 12:05am
Originally posted by phhiLLN

JoePa > all

and you wonder why people hate you....
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
phhiLLN View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote phhiLLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 5:43pm
Damn I got trolled hard core. 
Jim Tressel > JoePa > all 
 Post Reply Post Reply