0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
37 [52.86%]
13 [18.57%]

Author
Team Devil
Team Devil

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Casual Pug Night" *Update*
    Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Sephiroth_V7

Some stock, but custom maps need to be played more to hold interest in my opinion. Otherwise people will get bored of the same old maps again and go back to not wanting to play. The more customs involved the more like playing a new game it will be.

I second THIS.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
i2ic0chet View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote i2ic0chet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 9:17pm

Some stock, but custom maps need to be played more to hold interest in my opinion. Otherwise people will get bored of the same old maps again and go back to not wanting to play. The more customs involved the more like playing a new game it will be.

Yes.  Much to the reason why Darkness and I are spending so much time in the editor is to bring this community more maps to play on.  I think Darkness may stick to the more CTF/vCTF/War side while I am sticking more on the Duel/(T)DM/CTF Side to help even it out.  It is not easy creating maps and does take some time.  If we really put time into it.  I think I could push out a map every 2 or 3 weeks.  Given if I do not have to busy of a schedule.
kingfatalis158 View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote kingfatalis158 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 9:21pm
I just want to play Rails and Stranded again Big smile
You mad bro?
Well then come at me!!!
RUSH_CHOCHY View Drop Down
Team GOML
Team GOML

Post Options Post Options   Quote RUSH_CHOCHY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 9:53pm
XxChochyxX
im always down for ut3. but not sure Fridays will work cuz im always out xD 
http://chochy.tumblr.com/ Follow :)
INCReMENTAL View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 12:57am
Sounds like good idea, id like to play if we can get some games going. 
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.
k9999 View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx

Post Options Post Options   Quote k9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 1:35am
Great :) TDM PSN: xkaperx
xkaperx
Blues View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 5:46am
Originally posted by Darkn3ss is QnL

I second THIS.

I concur!

Great idea about the CPN, looking forward to some fun games again. 
PSN: TheBIues / JFF-TheBlues-
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 10:47am
who the hell wants to play UT3 on a friday night -___- Cry

I voted for sunday night Cool
Sunny-Dis View Drop Down
Team W-Lrd
Team W-Lrd

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sunny-Dis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 10:53am
This is an awesome idea to keep the UT3 community from slipping away! 

I'm down for any mode, any time, any where, but my fav is Warfare! 
I can guarantee at least 10-12 from the Warlords clan will be there!  Hope the server can accomodate all the players and action! 

Oh yeah, bring on the custom maps!  Thank you Darkn3ss & Rico for all your hard work!!!!  If you need a tester, let me know Wink

PSN ID:  W-Lrd_SunnyD

Sunny-Dis View Drop Down
Team W-Lrd
Team W-Lrd

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sunny-Dis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 11:17am

Rico/Darkn3ss,

What date are we shooting for the first CPN?  If we get the new custom map(s) in time before CPN, we can try to load them on our Warlords server to help out with the server load and provide a European server option for people (CW UK location).  I have to get with our server guru Crafty to see if this is possible on his end...Sunny
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Sunny-Dis

Rico/Darkn3ss,

What date are we shooting for the first CPN?  If we get the new custom map(s) in time before CPN, we can try to load them on our Warlords server to help out with the server load and provide a European server option for people (CW UK location).  I have to get with our server guru Crafty to see if this is possible on his end...Sunny

Thanks for your interest Sunny. 
Thats a good idea. Ill leave this for Rico to reply.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
i2ic0chet View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote i2ic0chet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Darkn3ss is QnL

Originally posted by Sunny-Dis

Rico/Darkn3ss,

Thanks for your interest Sunny. 
Thats a good idea. Ill leave this for Rico to reply.

I love the enthusiasm here.  As far as "CPN" kickoff is concerned, with this thread generating so many responses in such a short time we could be looking at starting "CPN" this Friday Night.  The group and I will make our decision today and let everyone know.  As far as loading the custom maps on your warlord server Sunny, I have no problem with you doing that and I think it's awesome that you would provide a european server.  That means a whole lot.  At the moment we do not have any custom Warfare maps to publish as we are still tinkering with the editor.  Rest assured though we are going to try our best in delivering maps of all gametypes. 
lDEATHl-MACHINE View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 2:03pm
wow i seen this post and i was going to say something but i kept it to myself lol,

hope it works out for you guys and looks like you guys found a simple way to gather and boost the commune.  guess rico's just got that magnetic personality lol 

good luck n hope it lasts for you all  
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by XxXDEATHXxX101

wow i seen this post and i was going to say something but i kept it to myself lol,

hope it works out for you guys and looks like you guys found a simple way to gather and boost the commune.  guess rico's just got that magnetic personality lol 

Thanks for sharing that with us Death :D
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 2:29pm
well it was going to b negative but i shared that i kept it to myself lol.
hey dark, not sure if you have talked to frag but him n i were talking about making maps.  still would like to see ctf-kargo and there are alot of maps from quake live that would be simple and sweet to make for ut3.  i know frag was going to start on some.  i wanted to but my school has kept me in check, hell i still havent even reached level 80 on mw3 thats how much gaming ive been doing lol
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
phhiLLN View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote phhiLLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 2:40pm
Yeah I mean sure bro I'd give up a Friday night for a pug.. but I want in tho (phantaci's team)
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 3:01pm

well it was going to b negative but i shared that i kept it to myself lol.
hey dark, not sure if you have talked to frag but him n i were talking about making maps.  still would like to see ctf-kargo and there are alot of maps from quake live that would be simple and sweet to make for ut3.  i know frag was going to start on some.  i wanted to but my school has kept me in check, hell i still havent even reached level 80 on mw3 thats how much gaming ive been doing lol

For CTF-Kargo: I will not be the one to execute this project.
This map should really remain in its VCTF glory. I succeeded in removing the boat and the tank spawn sequence, but resizing the map for smaller CTF just makes it look weird and distorted.

Same counts for VCTF-Necropolis. The gigantic design just does not make it possible to make the map smaller because objects will be either too small or out of place.

You can ask Hourences. Maker of WAR-Torlan. He is the most advanced and skilled mapper I have seen around so far. Perhaps he can do something about that lol.

Word: either play it as gigantic CTF map without a chance to get on your hoverboard or just play it with vehicles.

---

For those Quake live maps, post some up and I will look into that later
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 3:11pm

i dont think kargo should need a resize, its not much bigger than hydrosis and smaller than vertibrea.  i guess its opinionated but i know there was alot of people who also thought it was a good map for ctf.  kept the same size, tank removed and then maybe putting water in that section.  then cut the roofs off the sniper nests and remove the walls infront of flag room(hard to explain how i see it but) if i was able to mess with it i would for sure.  

Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 3:38pm

i dont think kargo should need a resize, its not much bigger than hydrosis and smaller than vertibrea.  i guess its opinionated but i know there was alot of people who also thought it was a good map for ctf.  kept the same size, tank removed and then maybe putting water in that section.  then cut the roofs off the sniper nests and remove the walls infront of flag room(hard to explain how i see it but) if i was able to mess with it i would for sure.  

Allright well everyone has their own opinion about it, thats okay.
But I tried in the CTF gameplay and it takes too long in my opinion to either:
- Run the flag, because you dont have a hoverboard to fall back too.
- Get across the map takes too long. Even with a translocator. Almost takes me 45 seconds to get to the enemy base. Which in Hydrosis that is about 15/20 seconds because of the quick entries.

You can get into it if you want.
If you have UT3 on the PC, just open the editor by putting the word -editor behind your directory link: \Program Files\R.G Mechanics\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries'\UT3.exe -editor it will be then.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
RpZ-Xot1Cz View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote RpZ-Xot1Cz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 5:54pm
YEP I WANNA BE IN-
RpZ-NaRuToD-_-
im tired.
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 5:59am
Again, good to see so many responses.
Keep it coming. The more players, the better.

Servers:

We have 3 servers available as from now:

CPN_QnL_NY (Stationed in New York)
Clanwarz_FTW (Stationed in Georgia)
W-Lrd_Tournament (Stationed in Europe)

Players until today:

i2icochet (Host)
Darkn3ss (Host)
Vedakid (Host)

WaR
Fluffy_Fluffington
puertoRICAN
KingFatalis158
W-Lrd_Trix_UT3
W-Lrd_SunnyD
MikeyBrennan
gr01n5h07
SrX_Streetzareus
Sephiroth_V7
XxChochyXx
INCReMENTAL
JFF-TheBlues
RpZ_NaRuToD
Sapient_X
Phhilnn (apologies bro, Dutch love you know it lol <3)

PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 9:55am
ftw is in georgia
Sapient View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sapient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 11:20am
Sounds like a good idea.  Friday nights are not good for me.  Sunday would be better. 
Count me in for TDM and i can try to be availble on Friday.

PSN: Sapient_X
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Sapient

Sounds like a good idea.  Friday nights are not good for me.  Sunday would be better. 
Count me in for TDM and i can try to be availble on Friday.

PSN: Sapient_X

Thanks for the reply. Added you to the playerlist.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
i2ic0chet View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote i2ic0chet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 3:51pm

I believe forums are out there for people to express themselves.  So by all means speak your true feelings.  Either way it's over 20 votes to your possible 1 vote, something must be going right.   I'm not sure if my personality is that magnetic.  However, I do try to bring new features to this community and I think this event will be a more enjoyable feature than having to try so hard and competitively for a tournament.  I am not saying tournaments are bad, but I do think it is time for a change of scenery in regards to how we meet up.  If you have not noticed, the most recent tournament is causing to much drama between everyone.  It's just a game and I'm sure everyone will say yeah it's UT and so many other great games are out and way ahead of it.  This is true, however I have found that no other game's CTF gametype can live up to UT's Standards when it comes to Capture the Flag.  Kupcake, show up at "CPN" kickoff and just have fun which I think everyone will and maybe you will reconsider about this event.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>