0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
37 [52.86%]
13 [18.57%]

Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote i2ic0chet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Casual Pug Night" *Update*
    Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 3:00pm
Casual Pug Night

Long time no see everyone!  I have been off the grid working on some things that I think will help this community.  A friend (they are a part of this community) who I have been working on this with has been a great help to me have decided that it would be best for this community if we designated a night as "Casual Pug Night". 

The purpose of "Casual Pug Night" will be to gather all players of every skill level together and play limitless rounds of pugs of whatever game type.  First off please be advised that this is in no shape way or form meant to be played competitively.  "Casual Pug Night" is for everyone to come and hang out and
just have good fun.  Darkn3ss, Veda, and I all think that this is a great idea to bring the community together and hopefully bring more activity.  I am looking at "Casual Pug Night" as the first step that will lead to more scheduled events on a weekly basis. 

"Casual Pug Night" will have its own chatroom on PSN where everyone that wishes to play will receive invites.  This chatroom is intended for "Casual Pug Night" AND for a place to anyone to hang out and chat in.  We will have up to 3 servers in service for "Casual Pug Night" in order to give everyone a chance to play so there is no line to wait in.  This way if there so happens to be more than 10 players that show up in the chatroom; we can have 2 games going on at once in two different servers so that no one misses out.  Veda and Darkn3ss have been so kind as to lend their servers for this event so be sure to thank them for their support.   Like I said, "Casual Pug Night" will feature any gametype that the majority in the chatroom votes on.  Custom maps will be available so long as they are compatible to work on PS3 Dedicated Servers. 

With all that said the only thing from getting this excited event started is that "Casual Pug Night" does not have a designated night that it will occur on.  To keep this event consistent, I have created a poll that gives the community the power to decide which night "CPN" will occur on a weekly basis.  I know that many of us in this community have careers and lives to worry about so we may be busier than others.  So please take this poll serious when choosing which night you want "CPN" to happen on.  Depending on how well "CPN" performs will decide if it can be broadened to more than just one night on a weekly basis.  That can only happen if *you* the community wishes it to do so. 

Once the group and I feel like we have enough votes from the poll, we will then update this thread with the official *night* and time that "CPN" will kickoff and continue to meet.  As a community let's make this event happen as we think it will make it more fun and most of all more active.  Those that may have not been on the forums lately may not see this so please do SPREAD the word on what is going to be happening.  It would be awesome to have our first "CPN" around the holidays to make it that much more exciting.  So everyone who will participate, make your decision on the poll above and lets make this happen.

*Edit*

This is an update to give everyone a more advanced look at what to expect for "CPN".  We will have more features to go along with this event.  I am also proud to let everyone know that I have been working on other things also like new maps.   I know the K-Lined thread has not been updated but these maps will coincide with "CPN" and will carry a signature to make them seem more invovled.  Here is a picture to give you an idea.  The newly Re-Vamped K-Lined will be ready to be played on our first "CPN" event.  We are looking forward to enjoying a lot of great games and great fun.

*UPDATE*
     After talking with the other hosts of "CPN", we have finally come to an agreement and a decision in regards to the date and time that "CPN" will kickoff.  With the majority of the votes leading towards Fridays, "Casual Pug Night" will begin happening weekly on Fridays!  Thank you all so much for the support and responses.  We really do appreciate it.  Due to this community involving so many members of different timezones, everyone will have a chance to participate in this great event and some will be able to play all day and night depending on where you are located.  With that said we are proud to announce that "Casual Pug Night" will kickoff this Friday December 9, 2011 at 3:00 p.m. Est and will continue all day and into the night.  This gives everyone a chance to play and have a good time.  We hope to see a lot of players show up to have a blast.  Let's keep up the great support!

"Casual Pug Night" Kickoff
Friday December 9, 2011
3:00 p.m est. til.....

Featured Maps for "CPN" Kickoff":

CTF-K-Lined PS3
CTF-Incinerator-CPN-PS3
CTF-Bleak PS3

CTF-K-Lined will be featured on this kickoff event.  I am in the process of publishing and cooking the map for ps3 as I type.  I will place a download link for everyone to follow.  This map has been revamped and I even took the time to execute the correct bot pathing so that now whenever you play this map say in "instant action", the bots will know how to respond and where to go.  I hope you like the revamped version and we should have a blast on Kickoff night!

*UPDATE* 12/9/2011

The day is here everyone!  I have officially released K-Lined and it is available to download for the ps3.  To download simply click on the map name above and enjoy.  Hope to see everyone around 3 p.m. est.

Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 3:01pm
Everyone needs to join. The more the better.
Spread the word! Let everyone know!
Thanks to Rico for this great idea.
Lets have some fun everybody.

PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
WaR View Drop Down
Team PRO
Team PRO

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 3:28pm
IM IN
Thumbs Up
I VOTED FRIDAYS, NEVER SEE MUCH ACTION ON WEEKENDS
DuEL+paSsIon=sKilLz
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 3:37pm
I'm in for TDM.

I'm not completely horrible and will happily eat off the pros table scraps on Fridays.
PSN: fidelio
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 3:59pm
if there are games goin on, PM me on here or if u have me on XBL
might be interesting 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
kingfatalis158 View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote kingfatalis158 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 4:00pm
Sign me up for some Friday night VCTF action

PSN:KingFatalis159
You mad bro?
Well then come at me!!!
trixente View Drop Down
Team W-Lrd
Team W-Lrd

Post Options Post Options   Quote trixente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 5:15pm
is great idea, i can play

W-Lrd_tr1x-ut3
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 5:21pm
I'll start playing again to play in this. I'm down - z0okzx
gr01n5h07 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote gr01n5h07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 5:29pm
I'm in for TDM or CTF...

PSN: JFF_DuCkTaPe
Bots > Me > valjohn > Syzygy
PSN/XBL: gr01n5h07, MLP_gr01n5h07, sHoCkD_ThE_wOrLd, JFF_DuCkTaPe
i2ic0chet View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote i2ic0chet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 6:39pm
Keep the votes coming everyone!  With this much of a response already, we may be able to make our decision much sooner than expected.  Again, SPREAD the word about what is going on.  More to come soon....
WaR View Drop Down
Team PRO
Team PRO

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 6:43pm
YEA I CAN ALSO BRING SOME PEOPLE THAT NEVER REPLY ON THIS SITE AS WELL^ =PRO MEMBERS
AND FRIENDzBeer
DuEL+paSsIon=sKilLz
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 6:57pm
Do you still use that Rico is Fna account for PS3?
PSN:Imaginative
i2ic0chet View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote i2ic0chet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 7:03pm
My psn is now i2eacher.
streetz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote streetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 7:40pm
Im In for some Fun Games PSN:sRx_streetzAREuS
Light Years Ahead Of My Peers
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 8:18pm
I'm down for any mode, if its friday nights tho might be hit or miss.... kinda a bar fly.

Psn: Sephiroth_V7

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
i2ic0chet View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote i2ic0chet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Sephiroth_V7

I'm down for any mode, if its friday nights tho might be hit or miss.... kinda a bar fly.

Psn: Sephiroth_V7

The great thing about "CPN" is that the group decided that we have to compensate for everyone.  By everyone I mean those located in different time zones.  Sure it is called "Casual Pug Night" however to compromise for all time zones, the event will start much earlier in the afternoon.  For example a good starting time for "CPN" would be 3 p.m. est.  That way those from time zones not of US can still enjoy great games and fun.  "CPN" will continue on all that day into the wee hours of the night until everyone is fatigued.  Then we do it again the following week.  So I'm sure you are not a "Bar Fly" at 3 p.m. est. are you?
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 8:24pm
What about midwest and cali players though that have 8 - 5 jobs during the week? 3 est = 2 central and noon on the west coast

Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 8:25pm
Great to see this much response in such short time already.
Keep those votes coming!

As stated in the first post K-Lined will be the first map played in this event brought to you by Rico.
I can well say that this map truely evolved
 into a smart, tactical and competitive map which is really, because of its straightforward layout, a really fun map to play.
You will find yourself comfortable in either running, defending or mid-cover because of its open and both closed structual design.
Truely a killer first map in this pack.

Im pleased to say of the cooperation between me and Rico in this project.
Proud of your mapping progress so far Rico and keep it up.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
i2ic0chet View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote i2ic0chet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Sephiroth_V7

What about midwest and cali players though that have 8 - 5 jobs during the week? 3 est = 2 central and noon on the west coast

You may be missing my point Seph.  "CPN" would start at 3 p.m. est.  and run on all through the night.  3 p.m. est. - 3 a.m. est.  Something of that sort that way everyone from different timezones can meet up and play.
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 8:31pm
Yeah i did kinda miss that lol. Sorry... little slow today :S

i2ic0chet View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote i2ic0chet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 8:32pm
It happens to a lot of us these days.  No worries.  I just wanted to make sure you knew what I meant.
streetz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote streetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 8:42pm
Darkness I think that we should play maps people have and know First Then play Customs.Just an opinion
Light Years Ahead Of My Peers
i2ic0chet View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote i2ic0chet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by iAM_-ANoNyMouS-

Darkness I think that we should play maps people have and know First Then play Customs.Just an opinion

As a rule to ps3 dedicated servers, in order to play custom maps you must always play a stock map on the server before anything else.  So to answer your suggestion, yes we will play a map that everyone knows first.  "CPN" will not just consist of custom maps, stock maps will be played as well.  New customs will be blended in as we go.  No need to worry as some of the new customs will be very simple and straightforward.
kingfatalis158 View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote kingfatalis158 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by iAM_-ANoNyMouS-

I second this
You mad bro?
Well then come at me!!!
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 9:07pm
Some stock, but custom maps need to be played more to hold interest in my opinion. Otherwise people will get bored of the same old maps again and go back to not wanting to play. The more customs involved the more like playing a new game it will be.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>