FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

question about the SOFLAM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: question about the SOFLAM
    Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 1:36am
I started the Spec Ops assignment when I unlocked the SOFLAM.

Besides the 20 sniper kills you need to paint 5 targets.

I've gotten all 5 but nothing ever happens to the tanks. I'm assuming you actually need to have some one in your platoon adept in a chopper or a jet to take the tank out??

It also says that the SOFLAM acts independently ... just curious if anyone's had a success with this and if you have any tips.

TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 8:05am
the SOFLAM only marks targets, allowing jets, choppers or handheld javelins to lock & fire on that target. u can set it down in autonomous mode and an enemy vehicle that appears within its vision cone will be marked. put it in areas more elevated like a rooftop, and facing an area that gets high traffic.

i fly jets and i love havn someone to SOFLAM a chopper so i can hit it with my guided missile instead of havn to strafe it down
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 2:40am
Nice. Thanks bro. Once I get the all the assignments down I'm going to tackle these damn choppers once and for all
summ3rblink View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote summ3rblink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 2:48am
As TX said,  getting something out of  Soflam requires ppl who know what they are doing  - not n00bies with Tom Cruise syndromeLOL  I have completed some succesfull designations with it, but for example yesterday at Caspian Border I deployed Soflam all the time and nobody took advantage of it  -  not even once Ouch

Of course there's not much use of it if nobody has guided ammunition available in their vehicles..

This video quite says it all: 
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by summ3rblink

- not n00bies with Tom Cruise syndromeLOL  

Leave shaker out of this 
summ3rblink View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote summ3rblink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 6:06am
Originally posted by Fluffy Fluffington

Originally posted by summ3rblink

- not n00bies with Tom Cruise syndromeLOL  

Leave shaker out of this 
LMAO LOL
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 1:17pm
When I go in a match with Soflam in mind, my friends adapt to it.  One comes in with a Javelin and the other supplies them.  I wouldn't recommend trying to shoot Jets or Choppers, it will hit roughly 20% of the time since it's trying to hit it;s weak spots.  You can have it run autonomous mode, but it tracks horribly.  If you want to use the Soflam effectively it requires 3 people and mics.  You can designate with an Attack Chopper with 1st seat setup with Laser painter, the CTV Station which is 3rd seat in the main battle tanks, or the Soflam.  I set it up in a high area, exit out, find cover, and go back into it.  It's especially effective on Kharg Island on Rush when you're defending, when we play not one Amtrac will make it to land!!!  Also, Laser designated vehicles can be shot with either the IGLA, Stinger, or the Javelin, regardless of being land or air.
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
ckc_pamkitten View Drop Down
Team CKC
Team CKC

Post Options Post Options   Quote ckc_pamkitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

Also, Laser designated vehicles can be shot with either the IGLA, Stinger, or the Javelin, regardless of being land or air.

Thanks Lunchy, that's good to know.  Smile I hate being limited to only land or air with the Stinger or Javelin.  Seems like I always need the one I don't have, lol. 
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 12:20am
Originally posted by ckc_pamkitten

Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

Also, Laser designated vehicles can be shot with either the IGLA, Stinger, or the Javelin, regardless of being land or air.

Thanks Lunchy, that's good to know.  Smile I hate being limited to only land or air with the Stinger or Javelin.  Seems like I always need the one I don't have, lol. 
No worries. Apollo an me were in a tank shooting choppers and tanks with the Laser painter and guided missile functions; it's unlimited ammo.    ;)
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
 Post Reply Post Reply