Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

HE4DPH0NES--

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HE4DPH0NES--
    Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 12:38pm
ive used 4 diff headphones, dpx21 cheat the best for me =]

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 1:09pm
Bought the PX5's the other day, simply amazing, still torn between just using regular surround or headphones though, home theater system cranked up is still more fun

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 5:45pm
Nice 1 Seph I got the MW3 version 2 weeks ago for £176 which is cheap! They're great outputting to digital and switching on it tells me  "Ear force Delta powering on wireless chat mode". The sound is better than my old steel series but not by much imo. Astro A40 would be my choice but I wanted a totally wireless system with bluetooth so that I can use it on PC, Mac, phone and its compatible with 360 and PS3 wirelessly. 
For the price (cheaper than Astros too) it was the obv choice. Actually My card declined payment but the guy didnt realise so I got them for nothing lmao. But they sent me a registered letter and I paid the bill 2 days ago. Didnt have to but it was the right thing to do imo! And im happy cos I dont have mwtres of cable just getting in the way - although the batteries are rechargeables NOT lithium so they go quite fast too.
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 6:19pm
Not too start some shait but here goes:
I use a rather expensive soundsytem (Rotel,Pioneer,Opera audio, Audio pro avantek, MIT shotgun. I Bi-amp) Then i gave my kid px21foxtrot mw3 edition for xmass. I tried them last weekend. That was awfull! Sound quality was absolutely waste...
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by F.u.k-shaker

I use a rather expensive soundsytem (Rotel,Pioneer,Opera audio, Audio pro avantek, MIT shotgun. I Bi-amp) Then i gave my kid px21foxtrot mw3 edition for xmass. I tried them last weekend. That was awfull! Sound quality was absolutely waste...

get some Tritton AXPRO and you will change your mind. those cheap MW3 ones are garbage.
Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 7:00pm

i think those are stereo, so you can't expect much  :P
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 1:20am

I have the 250$ Px5's and i'd rather use my sound system, its better in my opinion. But i keep the headphones so i can play at night now without getting yelled at :S They do sound great, but i like the subwoofers to shake my chair and walls, not just my ears.

Zito44 View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zito44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 10:46am
Just let me set things straight those who say using headphones is cheating need to stop crying ALL competitive gamers use headphones watch MLG! If you don't like headphones being used against you then by a pair yourself they literally do not give you that much of an edge..now with that being said i use Turtle Beach x1 they are the least expensive and worst quality not to mention they are years old and the mic only works for xbox don't use headphones as an excuse of why you get worked.
XBL GT: ZMO44
AKA M1NNoW
lDEATHl-MACHINE View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Zito44

Just let me set things straight those who say using headphones is cheating need to stop crying ALL competitive gamers use headphones watch MLG! If you don't like headphones being used against you then by a pair yourself they literally do not give you that much of an edge..now with that being said i use Turtle Beach x1 they are the least expensive and worst quality not to mention they are years old and the mic only works for xbox don't use headphones as an excuse of why you get worked.
agreed and that is EXACTLY WHY i own a pair of headphones. Clap
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 10:01am
Trittons AX 720's here since today =]
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Darkn3ss

Trittons AX 720's here since today =]

Nice bro, I don't know if the decoder box and all the settings are the same as the AXPRO's but I will help you get your sound right coz it tokk for about a month of messing around with them to find what sounded the best for MW3 and UT3. I will be on later.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 11:30am
Sony hp's... i even hear your thoughts
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
chisox666 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote chisox666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 10:52am
Amazon has the PX5 headset on sale for $150 shipped. Is that a good price?

get fragged

Misery Index - Heirs To Thievery
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 1:30pm
Yeah. I got the px5 one year ago for 200. They are awesome. I use them for gaming and watching movies at night so I don't wake the little ones and they work amazing. I like them better than my sound bar for sure. Full on surround is always gonna be better so you can't compare them to that. Bit the bass and the tremble are great in these headphones making watching movies like batman, star wars, avengers, or any other action movie on them great!

chisox666 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote chisox666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 4:18pm
Definitely going to pick up a pair here shortly unless someone can talk me out of the purchase lol...

Thanks for the feedback Seph!
get fragged

Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 6:15pm
use/buy rechargeable AAs, my old PX5s ran through batteries like it was its job
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Phenethylamine

use/buy rechargeable AAs, my old PX5s ran through batteries like it was its job

Depends on how often you use them. You prolly game way more and use HP's all the time. Mine are just for night time when the kids are in bed. I change my batterys bout once a month, sometimes 2 months.

ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 6:41pm
I love my headphones (px5s) but depending on your router you can get trolled at times...
chisox666 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote chisox666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 1:21pm
Ok, a few more questions for the audiophiles.

Will the PX5 work with a PC?

I read about frequency issues with the PX5 somewhere that stated instead of 2.4 ghz it should be 5 ghz. My knowledge on this stuff is piss poor so if someone can translate the ghz issue, that would be helpful.

Are there any headsets on the horizon that will address the PX5's shortcomings? If a better headset were 6 months away (like concealed carry is in IL:) Woohoo!), I wouldn't mind waiting a little bit. Although with the rash of game purchases over the last several weeks, a headset (now) would be a nice accompaniment.

My brother keeps mentioning the Sennheiser 360, but he doesn't play the PS3. Anyone have any experience with that particular headset? Is it PS3 compatible? I know it's not wireless but that's not a big issue. I have a $15 pair of Sennheiser headphones that are phenomenal. Ze Germans are always putting out nice sh!t...      

get fragged

-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 2:39pm
Hell yeah we are !
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by chisox666

Ok, a few more questions for the audiophiles.

Will the PX5 work with a PC?

I read about frequency issues with the PX5 somewhere that stated instead of 2.4 ghz it should be 5 ghz. My knowledge on this stuff is piss poor so if someone can translate the ghz issue, that would be helpful.

Are there any headsets on the horizon that will address the PX5's shortcomings? If a better headset were 6 months away (like concealed carry is in IL:) Woohoo!), I wouldn't mind waiting a little bit. Although with the rash of game purchases over the last several weeks, a headset (now) would be a nice accompaniment.

My brother keeps mentioning the Sennheiser 360, but he doesn't play the PS3. Anyone have any experience with that particular headset? Is it PS3 compatible? I know it's not wireless but that's not a big issue. I have a $15 pair of Sennheiser headphones that are phenomenal. Ze Germans are always putting out nice sh!t...      

Does your PC have an Optical Cable Input? If not you will need this: http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/cables-parts/x31x3-stereo-audio-splitter-cable/273

I'm not an expert but basically the PX5s run on the same frequency as some routers meaning the router signal can interfere and cause annoying static and sound loss. (Get a more expensive router or just don't use wifi in the px5 vicinity) My px5 amp and router are 3 feet away, I only get static if someone in the house is downloading uncontrollably.

I have a $20 pair of Sennheisers that I occasionally use with my Px5 amp and they are so good.

I would recommend these: (I plan to get them and I own the px5s) http://www.astrogaming.com/a30
The A40s and A50s are better than the 30s obviously, but unless you plan to be an MLG pro it's not necessary. Astros are famous for their mixamp as well.
chisox666 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote chisox666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 7:51pm
Lol Phantaci you just made the situation all the more complicated by bringing the Astro's into the mix. They do have really good reviews. So now I have 3 choices:

1) PX5 for $150 + $20 for rechargeable AA's = $170 shipped
2) PC 360 with Astro Mixamp $186 + $130 = too much
3) A30 + Mixamp $200 shipped

The PX5's are hard to pass up at that price. 

get fragged

ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 9:34pm

Lol Phantaci you just made the situation all the more complicated by bringing the Astro's into the mix. They do have really good reviews. So now I have 3 choices:

If your router isn't going to be an issue, get the Px5s. I use them to watch movies and man its epic.
Recently watched the Dark Knight Rises on blu-ray with my Px5s.
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 12:21am
Originally posted by ax412

If your router isn't going to be an issue, get the Px5s. I use them to watch movies and man its epic.
Recently watched the Dark Knight Rises on blu-ray with my Px5s.

Watch the same movie last weekend while using my PX5's.... It was amazing. awesome sound.

chisox666 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote chisox666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 12:48am
My router is a Linksys WRT54GL which is 2.4 ghz. The base for the PX5 would be about 3 feet from the router. Hopefully that won't present any problems.
get fragged

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>