Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Defining camping in VCTF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote danjel3+5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Defining camping in VCTF
    Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 12:37pm
If you had to define camping v defence in VCTF... would you do it like this?

Camp = sitting in a corner waiting for somebody to run past then shoot him in his face or his back.

Defense = guarding the flag and standing next to it.
Click Me :)

iAMgaming... where unimportant people come to feel important.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 12:41pm
your team defends. the other team camps.
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 1:19pm
This thread should of been made 3 years ago, lol.. why now Danjel?
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 1:49pm
This thread was already made i think, i think it was called camping in VCTF. Either way one person, maybe two depending on the amount of people playing ,watching the flag while running around collecting more ammo is defending. Camping is when the team is up a point and the team just hangs around the base and stops doing offensive attacks. Creating for a long boring game which is what killed this game flagv modes wise in my opinion.

I dont consider aqua, pin, tw, deep_silense aka papa, chisox, seifer, or any players that fit in that catagory campers. they are just doing what the do for their team, defending. if that means standing still after they got everything they need then thats what you have to do to defend. the second you run off you leave your flag open and giving the other team a free shot at a quick score.

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 2:02pm
camping = defending   XD
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 2:10pm
Camping is what penguin,bumrush,rican,veda,pawweezy, villin, etc etc etc do.

I defend.

LOL jk

Camping & defending basically the same thing.

Your just defending a key spot on the map.
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 2:31pm
defending is when a good player protects the flag
camping is when a bad player protects there flag
:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by puertoRICAN

trolololol

Thank God for redeemers and Goliaths/hellbenders in vCTF and thank God for Phantaci in CTF the camper killers!
Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 2:40pm
thank god i can get passed any camper   :>
iTz-He4DSh0T View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote iTz-He4DSh0T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 2:43pm
My logic of Camping in VCTF is when someone has a Tank/Hellbender Parked on the Flag (Any Vehicle really...) or Spamming Shock Combo's/Rockets on the flag (Necro & SandStorm)
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by puertoRICAN

lmao

phhiLLN View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote phhiLLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by BAIN

your team defends. the other team camps.
he is pretty much right.
I wouldn't even say that there are defenders/campers in vCTF because it's usually just some scrub who is in a vehicle guarding the flag or something, which I call being a scrubby little bi*ch.
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 5:27pm
I camp the nemesis on sandstorm when I know the other team is gonna do fury pick ups, but that's defending against the fury imo. I either do that or flag run on that map, just gotta know what ur team needs to win, another offensive player or another defensive player

danjel3+5 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote danjel3+5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by Sephiroth_V7

This thread was already made i think, i think it was called camping in VCTF. Either way one person, maybe two depending on the amount of people playing ,watching the flag while running around collecting more ammo is defending. Camping is when the team is up a point and the team just hangs around the base and stops doing offensive attacks. Creating for a long boring game which is what killed this game flagv modes wise in my opinion.

I dont consider aqua, pin, tw, deep_silense aka papa, chisox, seifer, or any players that fit in that catagory campers. they are just doing what the do for their team, defending. if that means standing still after they got everything they need then thats what you have to do to defend. the second you run off you leave your flag open and giving the other team a free shot at a quick score.

Neither would I... aqua, pin and the rest there are defenders by trade. I'm talking about when you play against a team that is far stronger, they're going to win easy but instead they get 1-0 and just constantly stay in their base and kill you as you try and take their flag. All those players mentioned would want their teams to win 3-0, rather than a boring 20 minute game that ends 1-0.

Mainly it's the gimpy little kids that pull this sh1t. Virgins forever I tell you.

ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 6:31pm
it can also be based on the amount of people aswell.. i think that if most of the team is midfield/attacking.. then if you choose to stay back.. thats defending.. but if theres already enough people back defending yet you choose to also stay back and not go offensive.. i would say thats camping.. also when im defending i move around the whole our base/our half of midfield... i would class people that are standing in the flag room staring at our flag to be camping...
danjel3+5 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote danjel3+5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 6:35pm
A much stronger team should be able to at least defend from midfield? 

I'm more inclined to be a defensive midfielder but I'd never sit on a flag for 20 mins just to piss someone off, I might say I will during the intervals but I love respawning too much.

Warfare is the only mode that really forces you not to camp... also requires great team work. That mode should never have died.

ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 6:35pm
also when someone is defendnig and moving around our base as i said.... then they see an enemy entering/about to enter their flag room so then that person backtracks to the flag room to kill the enemy as they grab the flag... is defending but is usually mistaken for camping by the enemy... i think its stupid whenever i choose to defend and i do that.. sometimes i get messages saying im camping when i was only in the flagroom for a few seconds lol
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 6:42pm
i know dan.. it depends on the map reallly.. for example necro.. the bases is small.. and most people who are staying back are usually at either side of the flag just waiting to combo someone.. but in kargo for example... when checking the emp area.. or across to the other side  side etc.. never stayinjg in the flagroom... i dnt count that as camping... i just think the main difference between camping and defending is camping is usually just staying stil staring the the flag waiting for someone.... and defending is checknig all entrances to the base trying to find someone.
danjel3+5 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote danjel3+5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 6:42pm
I'm more on about the gimps that camp to get pointless streaks. Like I said... kids.

SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 6:43pm
WHO CARES DAN? lol
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
danjel3+5 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote danjel3+5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 6:45pm
Do you need some more attention old man? Have you molested all those kids you bought from Africa yet? Change your mum's piss bag and make sure you don't confuse it with your drip. 

JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 7:29pm
lol I just noticed this

"iAMgaming... where unimportant people come to feel important."

Nice Danjel
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 7:31pm
lol Carnage still owning you Dan? lmao Don't hate.. he has gotten pretty good so its not all that embarassing :)

I would show you some flag runs, but i'm much to buisy play'n a game thats not dead

oh hush JP you should spend your 2 cents more wisely :o

< quickly ducks her b**** slap and exits
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
danjel3+5 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote danjel3+5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 7:40pm
Whatever old man, just thought it would be nice to play some ut3 once in a while and enjoy it rather than play against 8 defenders. Only after good games, don't know why so many douchebags got left in a single community.

danjel3+5 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote danjel3+5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by JPINATOR

lol I just noticed this

"iAMgaming... where unimportant people come to feel important."

Nice Danjel

Only a select few that need attention... most people here are decent.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>