Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Music, Movies and TV
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Stigmata

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Devil
Team Devil

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stigmata
    Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 9:20pm
This film makes so much sense is crazy, watch it all the way through and if you pay attenetion there are some real hidden truth's about Christianity in the film that I agree with 100%.

Anyone that has seen the film may understand what I'm saying but of not and you have a spare couple of hour's go and watch it and then you will see.

Christianity is a sham (sorry to say it but Its just my opinion)

No offence to anyone or anything but this film speaks volumes to me.
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 9:32pm
movie was awful imo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 12:25am
It was not that bad rican, id say a solid 6.5/10 or a popcorn flick. But im pretty sure after calling a religion a sham this thread will get locked lol.

JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 7:35am
we'll see.. I'll leave it up... for now
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 7:59am
No I agree with rican the film it self is average but the back bone of the story is genious.

I will put it as simple as I can, coz I would be typing for the next 3 hours if I went into detail.

It's saying that people got Christianity wrong, we don't need church's or priest's to worship God because he is everywhere. Most of the film is fiction but at the end of the film there is some fact that is told to you at the end and it basically ses that a Scroll was found somewhere in a cave in Iran which was believed by historians and Scientists to be the one and only Gospel written in Jesus's own hand and when it was presented to the Pope he dismissed it and said it was heresy.

These were apparently some of the words on the scroll

"Jesus said... the Kingdom of God is inside you, and all around you, not in mansions of wood and stone. Split a piece of wood... and I am there, lift a stone... and you will find me".

So my point is that the pope dismissed this becuase if this were to get out in public then Christians all over the world would not need the pope or churchs and it would take away all the power of the Catholic church.

So the reason I said Christianity is a sham is because there is a probability that it actually is.

Hope this clears things up abit.
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 9:43am
Originally posted by puertoRICAN

movie was awful imo

+1
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by TuNA FISh

Originally posted by puertoRICAN

movie was awful imo

+1

Im not really talking about the film, I'm talking about some of the facts it presents to you right at the end of the film. read my above post and you will understand.
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 4:02pm

CS I can't believe your moment of enlightenment came from a 3rd rate film that actually adds nothing new to the 'truth' about christianity. You claim that Jesus's words declare 'God is all around you' then you denounce christianity as a sham because man demands we build houses of worship.

• God is omnipotent is he not? When did christianity say otherwise?
  • The building of houses of worship was in the Old testament - the book that preceeded the New Testament which is the book for christians.
  • Most christians are aware of the early history of christianity and the catholic church. We know there were many gospels written but only a selection accepted and canonical
  • "So the reason I said Christianity is a sham is because there is a probability that it actually is."
    This sentence makes no sense whatsoever. Did it come from the Stigmata's film script? I challenge anyone here to make sense of this. You can't make a statement then say there is a chance that its an accurate depiction of the truth. You either believe it is or not. You can't prove either way so it's a biased opinion at best.
  • Ideas about God and worship -This was said in one of many debates on science vs religion, religion vs atheism etc so you could have saved yourself some time.

There are better arguments to raise if you want to prove christianity probably actually is a sham (in your opinion).

Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 9:50pm
ok I should have put Christianity (Could) Be a sham. lol

I understand where your coming from but forget the film, most of it is just made up garbage its just the little piece of txt at the end of the film I'm talking about which is truth. A piece of Holy scripture was found in Iran and it was believed to be the one and only Gospel in Jesus's own words which is a big deal becuase most of the gospels are not really by god they are just from loads of random people so really people are not actually reading the word of god they are just reading made up stuff which anyone must agree could all be one giant story of nothing.

I have a healthy respect for Christians and have nothing agaiinst them but I believe that most of it isnt true or correct and there is actually more to God and I also believe there an unhealthy amount of corruption in the church.

This peice of holy scripture was presented to the pope and he just dismisssed it and named it herasy which ses to me that he was threatened by it because the pope and the catholic church have power and they don;t want to let go of it becuase they are greedy. This holy scripture could of actually been the one and only Gospel of Jesus Christ but now its most likely in a vault somewhere to be forgotton about forever becuase the church is happy with the way things are right now even though its all most likely wrong and not what God wanted.

This subject is not to affend anyone or to cause an argument but simply and interesting subject.

if you are confused go and see if you can find some information about this on the internet becuase I found plenty of info about it.

I guess its just one of those things we will never know the truth about.
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 6:36am
K I see and I agree with most of what you're saying probably because it fits comfortably with my own thoughts about God and religion. Ive said before that im not a conventional christian. You shouldn't be surprised to discover that the catholic church suppressed text that didn't fit nicely into their model of religion. It would be great if they gave access to those documents but I doubt if they ever do so willingly so it populates the theory that they're hiding something of great importance.
We love conspiracy theories, the bigger the revelation the more appealing the theory - Hitler's diaries, Diana's assassination, MJ's death, the holy blood and the holy grail (the book that Dan Brown's based his own poxy book on - I really recommend you read this). The one reason I believ they suppress material even now is that if the world knows what they know it would damage their reputation. Maybe people would reject Catholicism, maybe Christianity, maybe religion once the truths got out - it's just my thoughts. So the only gospel written at the time of Jesus, if true, may cause a shift in minds of worshippers. Why would the church risk losing power? Hence censorship is for the good of the establishment NOT necessarily for the good of the individual.
Aspects of christianity can be tagged as vague, contradictory or impossible but it doesn't IMO make it a sham - more controversial yes! More interesting for me, most definitely!
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 7:32am
Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

K I see and I agree with most of what you're saying probably because it fits comfortably with my own thoughts about God and religion. Ive said before that im not a conventional christian. You shouldn't be surprised to discover that the catholic church suppressed text that didn't fit nicely into their model of religion. It would be great if they gave access to those documents but I doubt if they ever do so willingly so it populates the theory that they're hiding something of great importance.
We love conspiracy theories, the bigger the revelation the more appealing the theory - Hitler's diaries, Diana's assassination, MJ's death, the holy blood and the holy grail (the book that Dan Brown's based his own poxy book on - I really recommend you read this). The one reason I believ they suppress material even now is that if the world knows what they know it would damage their reputation. Maybe people would reject Catholicism, maybe Christianity, maybe religion once the truths got out - it's just my thoughts. So the only gospel written at the time of Jesus, if true, may cause a shift in minds of worshippers. Why would the church risk losing power? Hence censorship is for the good of the establishment NOT necessarily for the good of the individual.
Aspects of christianity can be tagged as vague, contradictory or impossible but it doesn't IMO make it a sham - more controversial yes! More interesting for me, most definitely!

Yes you just put it down to a T, I agree with everything you just said but the pope dismissing and classing this holy scripture as heresy is not a conspirisy, It actually happened and it is well known because at one point it was in newspapers because the man who found it went straight to the newspapers thinking he could get some money out of it and it got printed in a newspaper and it was taken straight to the pope and the it was dismissed even though some of the worlds top historians and scientists said that it was extemely likely it was a gospel of Jesus becuase it was wrote in a language only used by jesus and his deciples.

So like I said Religion (Christianity) could actually be a sham simply becuase I believe that Christianity was not crafted by God but by man in a way for it to work to powerful men's interets ( The Pope & The Religious men of the Vatican ) which is not how God wanted people to worship him but simply do what alot of people so at home, Pray in your bedroom or sat in your garden and your words will be heard by God becuase he is everywhere and inside you,

I give respect to all the TRUE Christians out there but I can tell you this on my life right now that a big percent of them are fakes.
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 11:59am
Gaming forum > Religious forum
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 5:17pm
^ u saying gamiing aint a religion? There's controversy righ there
Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Darkn3ss

Off-Topic Forum = u mad
-CYAN1DE- View Drop Down
Team NbK
Team NbK

Post Options Post Options   Quote -CYAN1DE- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 8:54pm
The scroll you're referring to.. Wheren't those clay stone supposedly containing information about the Anunaki found in the old babylon (Iraq)? I bet that's the stuff the movie makers where reffering to or twisted it for their own movie. (But yet i could have been completely wrong here)

Personaly i believe any religion is just "made-up" to contain and control specific groups of people.

go bilderberg goooo!!!! (jokes)
drdeath2point0 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote drdeath2point0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 4:31pm
the stories portrayed here are both compelling and rich:/
drdeath2point0
RpZ-Xot1Cz View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote RpZ-Xot1Cz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 7:51pm

noob > darkness
im tired.
Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by RpZ-Xot1Cz

noob > darkness
shut up ricky
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 12:43am
retards should be prohibited from starting new threads
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 9:30am
Religion has shifted from free will to a huge money making machine. No joke, The shift itself started when humans saw that potencial... Loong time ago.
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by F.u.k-shaker

Religion has shifted from free will to a huge money making machine. No joke, The shift itself started when humans saw that potencial... Loong time ago.

^^ True story
summ3rblink View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote summ3rblink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 2:36am
^that's why it's important to make a distinction between faith/ethics and organized religion.
F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 3:10pm
Good post sisu. If they tell you whats right or/and wrong--> gtfo. EU is a good example--> Norway out.
 Post Reply Post Reply