| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

NC Gay Marriage Constitutional Ban

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Poll Question: Marriage for one man and one woman is the only domestic legal union
Vote Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
11 [45.83%]
13 [54.17%]

Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NC Gay Marriage Constitutional Ban
    Posted: 16 May 2012 at 12:08pm
those fruitcakes are utterly disgusting.
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 12:32pm
lol I'm going to have to agree with Bain 
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 1:30pm
^
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by warfare

Originally posted by SIZZLE

Originally posted by ax412

Keep our guns, it helps make sure invading America is a bad idea :)
besides the fact that are navy/air force>>> china & russia's combined

thou shalt not kill... what kind of Christian are you Phantasi lool gun toten Christians must not believe GOD can protect them :) or maybe its a "just in case" thang? haha

if Russia and China invaded us that would means that our navy is gone,,, without our navy we'd be screwed anyway lol id just invite them over for a cookout and some cornhole

Lol it says thou shall not murder. (theres a difference in my eyes)
Lol Dagon NATO is more of a the US has got your back. In all honesty who besides maybe Britain has the capability of sending a decent number of troops to the western united states. Hell I doubt britain could.( The eastern united states sure.)

to take a persons life is about as bad as it gets... i've thought a lot about "though shalt not kill" from time to time because of war and our soldiers... plus things like geneside... and also police protection situations... to not intervene in the case of geneside seems inhuman to me... a whole village being hacked up by machete's including women and children is too horrible to allow imo, but "thou shalt not kill"    has no exception in it... it doesn't say thou shalt not kill unless your presedent tells you to, or thou shalt not kill except in the case of geneside... so again thats not my call... GODS judgement in the end is all that matters

i can only say that i'll never take a life for any reason... if everyone on earth would live by that then there would no killing or murders... the evils of man have no boundry's unfortunantly though   

So you essentially believe nothing is worth dying for...

not worth dying for? how did you get that? lol its killing that we're discussing not dying
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 1:44pm
for gay marriage, but against fruit cakes? oh the hypocracy lol
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 11:22pm
China and Russia would never invade.... Why would china invade when we owe them so much money? Not to mention if we fall the whole world falls since we're the #1 economy. China's population is nothing when you include all the poverty there. It's pretty sad
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 12:29am
Originally posted by TuNA FISh

China and Russia would never invade.... Why would china invade when we owe them so much money? Not to mention if we fall the whole world falls since we're the #1 economy. China's population is nothing when you include all the poverty there. It's pretty sad
It's not a matter of would invade.
It's a matter of can't invade.
They don't have the resources to send troops all the way to good ol' hollywood undetected.
They'd get r a p e d miles out.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 2:11am
man i was really bum'd out when you got booted from dancing with the stars Phantasi   lol jk
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 10:52am

man i was really bum'd out when you got booted from dancing with the stars Phantasi   lol jk
haha
Do you still have a mic?
I saw you last night in vCTF but I couldn't play. Had to work out and then do a business assignment.
warfare View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote warfare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 11:17am
Sizzle:Smile
I find it hard to believe that there aren't  a set of circumstances under which one might kill another human being.

It's got to be a rare person who would not kill anyone no matter the circumstances. I could think of dozens of hypothetical situations that might lead one to take another's life;  say your kid is about to get his head chopped off and the only way to stop it is to shoot/stab the murderer - you wouldn't do it?

The extraordinary act of killing someone naturally implies, to my mind at least, a willingness to pay the ultimate sacrifice, the loss of your own life as a natural consequence of such an act.  It was meant to be a provocative statement . If you had been alive and of fighting age in 1776, your saying you would not have fought, and therefore been willing to die, for our independence from the British...

Do you realize that in about forty years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tatoos and pierced navels? O.o
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 11:59am

haha
Do you still have a mic?
I saw you last night in vCTF but I couldn't play. Had to work out and then do a business assignment.

yea i've got a mic, but it acts weird for ut3... i only get a split second to speak for some reason... probably a good thing to because sorry ass sh1t talkers like train wreck would be getting a ear full lol dude makes personal attacks over a video game like he's a warfare god and that entitles him to say whatever he wants? lol Strider kicks his ass in warfare even on a US server all the time :o but Strider is a fk'n beast though!

don't know if you've heard, but their bout to have a ctf tourney on 360... i don't think you can enter your own team though... Seif said their having certain people be captains to make it fair like the last ps3 tourney... i doubt if i'll buy a gold just to play with randoms... i would if we could enter our own team though

ay i'll duel you... its been a while since i've had my ass handed to me by a pro lol i did get lucky and get a massacre in tdm the other day so you better atleast bring your C game :)
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 12:03pm

haha
Do you still have a mic?

yea i've got a mic, but it acts weird for ut3... i only get a split second to speak for some reason... probably a good thing to because sorry ass sh1t talkers like train wreck would be getting a ear full lol dude makes personal attacks over a video game like he's a warfare god and that entitles him to say whatever he wants? lol Strider kicks his ass in warfare even on a US server all the time :o but Strider is a fk'n beast though!

don't know if you've heard, but their bout to have a ctf tourney on 360... i don't think you can enter your own team though... Seif said their having certain people be captains to make it fair like the last ps3 tourney... i doubt if i'll buy a gold just to play with randoms... i would if we could enter our own team though

ay i'll duel you... its been a while since i've had my ass handed to me by a pro lol i did get lucky and get a massacre in tdm the other day so you better atleast bring your C game :)

Lololol same here man, I rarely use my mic now and I don't even have Gold for the 360. I'm not getting Gold until counterstrike drops.
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 12:24pm
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by warfare

Sizzle:Smile
I find it hard to believe that there aren't  a set of circumstances under which one might kill another human being.

It's got to be a rare person who would not kill anyone no matter the circumstances. I could think of dozens of hypothetical situations that might lead one to take another's life;  say your kid is about to get his head chopped off and the only way to stop it is to shoot/stab the murderer - you wouldn't do it?

The extraordinary act of killing someone naturally implies, to my mind at least, a willingness to pay the ultimate sacrifice, the loss of your own life as a natural consequence of such an act.  It was meant to be a provocative statement . If you had been alive and of fighting age in 1776, your saying you would not have fought, and therefore been willing to die, for our independence from the British...

here's an example... how many innocent people have been killed in war? if the answer is 1 then thats too many imo and in war everyone thinks their justified? their all fighting for their cause or their country so who's justified? its just insane to me to keep justifying killing people... there were a lot of indians here before we got here and they got slaughtered for this land... was that justified? Jesus preached love thy enemy, and on the cross while knowing he was going to die he said father forgive them for they know not what they do... which is the greatest example of understanding and forgivness that i've ever heard of in my lifetime... no matter what Jesus acually was its clear to me that he was atleast a very very special person... a person worthy of our praise... his life was cut short, but look what just his words have left behind... he also said not by the sword so i believe i'm to die before taking a life for any reason... i'm not preaching my thinking on anyone else or judging our troops... i'm just stating my own personal belief
FehtalaTee View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 10:38pm

i agree with everything Phantaci said and nice job explaining it Taco

@TX YOU ARE A NOOB!! but i do agree with Bain too

@Siz lol yea your mic do be cutting out, lol you said "hey Feh! wha...) i was like "sup?"

@Phantaci you better use your mic when i duel you! so you can call merrcy merrcy when im whooooppinng dat tale! SON!Angry

@Bunny <3

@Everyone else i hope life is going good for yaSmile
Me and Penguins about to go HAAAAAM!!
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 12:32am
Originally posted by FehtalaTee

i agree with everything Phantaci said and nice job explaining it Taco

@TX YOU ARE A NOOB!! but i do agree with Bain too

@Siz lol yea your mic do be cutting out, lol you said "hey Feh! wha...) i was like "sup?"

@Phantaci you better use your mic when i duel you! so you can call merrcy merrcy when im whooooppinng dat tale! SON!Angry

@Bunny <3

@Everyone else i hope life is going good for yaSmile

lol i tried to say whats up, but my mic wouldn' let me :) i think its lag or game corrupt, because my mic acually works fine
gr01n5h07 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote gr01n5h07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 7:50pm
Lol... Sizzle blames everything on lag LOL
Bots > Me > valjohn > Syzygy
PSN/XBL: gr01n5h07, MLP_gr01n5h07, sHoCkD_ThE_wOrLd, JFF_DuCkTaPe
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by gr01n5h07

Lol... Sizzle blames everything on lag LOL

thats right punk, and don't you forget it! :->
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by chisox666

I could give a sh!t about gay marriage but here's my view...

A marriage recognized by law should only be allowed between a man and a woman. Civil unions provide all the same tax breaks/benefits to gay couples that married couples receive. If a gay couple would like a wedding, ceremony, and the whole 9 yards, that's great! I fully support whatever makes them happy (except a lawful gay marriage). It just should not be recognized as being a marriage under state/federal law.

Flame away.

Civil unions do not provide the same benefits as marriage. There are 1,138 benefits, rights and protections provided on the basis of marital status in Federal law.

Source:
http://www.factcheck.org/what_is_a_civil_union.html
http://www.hrc.org/resources/entry/an-overview-of-federal-rights-and-protections-granted-to-married-couples
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 7:32pm

....I just think legal marriage should be reserved only for a man and woman. Simple as that....

Why do you have this stance?
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by HanFei

....I just think legal marriage should be reserved only for a man and woman. Simple as that....

Why do you have this stance?
Actualy although I dont agree with what Chisox said about guns I agree with him here. For me the definition of a marriage is the union between a man and a woman. The tradition of marriage is that the ceremony is with God's blessing but I accept that traditions change. Not long ago gay people would have been imprisoned or rejected by society for openly stating their sexual preference and its right that they too should be able to love whoever they choose to. They should have all the same rights as heteosexual couples imo and the law should be changedto reflect progress but it simply can't be called a 'marriage' legally! Arent your laws based on christian doctrine? If u arent a christian the law still applies even though u would be arguing against 'right wing' chistian morality and all its hypocracy! I hope the gay community win parity with marriage its only right.
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 6:28pm
some fish start out as males and then change to females later in their life... i'm glad were no like that... the cramps every month alone would be too much for me :)
Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 6:32pm
wasn't interracial marriage once illegal?  Shocked
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 6:46pm
marriage isnt a christian concept tho, human beings have been doing this since well before the dawn of christianity and all over the world. homosexuality has also existed since time immemorial, world wide and up until the spread of the church, wasnt really regarded as a big deal. in almost every Native American culture u had the ability to choose your gender. ur sex might be male or female but u could be any of 3 or 4 genders. whatever u decided 2 be b4 puberty, the village recognised u as. some men adopted the role of woman and even took husbands...some women also took the role of man, joining in hunting etc.

im sure we all know about homosexuality in ancient rome, as well as many other civilisations. people also have plenty of non-christian weddings today, what, u think the entire middle east and most of asia and africa just take up roommates of the opposite sex? no

its ur legal right to hold ur own personal beliefs, but to force ur beliefs on millions just because u think its right, does NOT make it fact. in no way will legalizing gay marriage threaten the existence of the church, or ur personal belief in God. God's not gonna say 'oh no gays can marry?! everythings going dark..." the die. not one bit, and if u feel threatened by gay marriage, deal, its called change & progress, but that doesn't mean it belittless ur heterosexual marriage in any way shape or form. just love who u love and keep ur nose out of other peoples personal affairs.

this is not a christian nation, it was not founded a christian nation, it should never be a christian nation, because if we align with 1 religion, we can never truly offer freedom as defined within the founding documents of our nation.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 4:45am
it wasn't founded as a christian nation? id say your wrong about that TX... regardless of that though it was ment to be a nation of laws and equil justice for all, which still isn't the case to this day... you might as well not try to research the origin of marriage, because you'll never get the accurate answer... so trying to say marriage came before religion don't work... you have religious people and non religious people... being a Christian i go by my religion when it comes to marriage... id say that non religious people want to be treated no different then religious people therefore they want to have the same rights, but gay marriage under GOD is not allowed and thats just the way it is... there is no changing that... any true priest could never marry 2 people of the same sex... looking at it from a law point of view though there is a civil union... which is the man made version of marriage under law and the only manmade legal option for gays... any benifits that are given to married couples could also be given to gay couples in a civil union through legal changes... if its the idea of marriage that some gay couples want instead of a civil union and the benifits? then one of them had better be able to change their sex like the fish that i mentioned :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>