| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Custom Content
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

CTF-Faceless Beta

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Devil
Team Devil

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CTF-Faceless Beta
    Posted: 20 May 2012 at 6:03pm
Name: CTF-Faceless
Version: Beta
Compatibility: PC / Working PS3 version but with blackbox glitch! due to a non fixable cooking version.
By distributing the alpha version I would kindly request a working PS3 version. Feedback from PS3 still wanted!
Playercount: 6 - 12
Textures: Everything custom made by myself.

Epic forums thread:

PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 2:04am
Can somebody please test the PC version for me?
My guys at UOF tell me some have issues starting it.
UT3 crashes at startup.
Not by everybody though :/
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
VEDA View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote VEDA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 4:17am
Does it lag with the blackbox glitch?  I remember playing Tangled before it was fixed.. when a player picked up the flag the whole game would lag and the announcer would be way behind. The map looks premium though.. I'll try it out today :)
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 5:15am
Originally posted by Vedakid

Does it lag with the blackbox glitch?  I remember playing Tangled before it was fixed.. when a player picked up the flag the whole game would lag and the announcer would be way behind. The map looks premium though.. I'll try it out today :)

Thanks Veda.
Map does not glitch with the blackbox glitch. Works fine.
Announcer does not lag, but is not even hearable.

PS3 version workin fine on my 42" (A)
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 5:17am
Yo, please give me some honest feedback.
I really wanna improve and know what I can do when distributing the alpha.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 10:36am
Ok so I am making this comment as I am playing through the map.

Things I like about the map:

- It is a good size for general Pugs but I would say it isn't suitable for anything less than 3v3.

- I like the colours of the map and the crazy Tetris patterns on the wall.

- I like the location of the shield belt although I would make changes to it and have the shield lay on a single tile and the rest would be an empty space where if you fall of you fall into outer-space seen as I noticed that the map is in space from the outer-perimeter.

- The 2 lifts are great and would be perfect for some nice moving combo's. or air rocks.

- There are many exits for flag runners to choice from which is great for both teams to use more communication to win a match.

- I like that defenders have thigh pads and not a armor vest.

- I think the best thing about the map is that its symmetrical, I think all the best maps from all the Unreal games have been symmetrical, which makes for a more easy to learn layout but most importantly a more balanced map so good job with that.

- Nice place to put the Devil Logo as well :)

Things I would have done different:

- The shield belt idea above.

- at the back of the flags there are square tiles with a diamond shape in the middle, instead of that I would have the Teams Icons for Iron Guard and Thunder Crash instead of just a random shape that doesn't really mean anything.

- I think that the flag area's are a little bit to open but thats not a major issue.

All round this is a great map and I can see the best CTF players in the community having very tense battles in this map.

honest score so far to say its a beta 9/10

Good work dark, you got loads of imagination and skill as a mapper.

Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 11:37am
Thanks for your honest feedback.
This really helps me.

About the map size. Yeah, it came out actually a big too big :/
I was hoping it would not be too big of an issue and try to fix it by squeezing in more pillars etc.
So thanks for bringing that up.

I put your idea's on paper and will be distributed with the alpha version once I get the feedback from other mappers from Epic and UOF.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
i2ic0chet View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote i2ic0chet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 1:16pm
Remember.  You are going to have to make the map a bit smaller than how you really want it on the PC because we cannot forget that you cannot wall dodge as far on the ps3 as you can on the PC.  Also the speed is drastically different.  It is hard to estimate the distances without being able to instantly test on ps3.  
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 3:27pm
Thats why I posted both versions. To get feedback
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
i2ic0chet View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote i2ic0chet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 5:10pm
I thought we fixed the Black Box Glitch "BBC".  I remember we were using an outdated version of the cooking program.  You may want to make sure you have the updated and correct version.  If you do not have it let me know and I will upload it to my cloud storage and send you a link.
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by i2ic0chet

I thought we fixed the Black Box Glitch "BBC".  I remember we were using an outdated version of the cooking program.  You may want to make sure you have the updated and correct version.  If you do not have it let me know and I will upload it to my cloud storage and send you a link.

Thanks bro, that would be great. Ill message you when the alpha is done for distribution.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
trixente View Drop Down
Team W-Lrd
Team W-Lrd

Post Options Post Options   Quote trixente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 12:20am
hey darkness bro, i have problem when try download, i think link is off, http://www.mediafire.com/error.php?errno=320, please you can reupload the map? i want view and play xDD,

Blues View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 12:01pm
^^ What Trix said : ) 

Map looks cool Dark. Would be good to to see how it plays. 
PSN: TheBIues / JFF-TheBlues-
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 1:00pm
Yo im workin on the alpha version.
When thats done, it will be distributed :)
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Blues View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 1:18pm
Nice one : ) 
PSN: TheBIues / JFF-TheBlues-
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 1:41pm
Awesome map.

New map suggestion:

Is it possible to have a map that has the floor or battleground if you will big pillars going up and down at the same time. Anybody know what im saying? 2 flags on both ends..and the floor constantly goes up and down with walls in the air to wall jump from when you get high up enough...sorta similar to bonesc****r kinda. always a keg in the middle on a pillar that doesnt move. Anybody see my vision?
PSN:Imaginative
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 2:42pm
I c what you mean.
The floor can be repeating going up and down using a mover sequence, but its not possible to place any pickups ON THAT SPECIFIC floor. Since pickups are not designed to move.

So on a point, you'd have to get off and pick up a weapon/armor/ammo/health on a floor that does not move :(

PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
 Post Reply Post Reply