Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

WF Tournament: OFFICIAL SEEDING IS UP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 52>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WF Tournament: OFFICIAL SEEDING IS UP
    Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 11:25am
FLARE has no game glitches, inbalances or exploits that I am aware of. That's why I said it was OK to be included in the pool. Alot of the other maps do so they are not in the pool. Choose it or don't, it's a pool. Anyways half of the people who play this game are too stupid or lazy to download content so it won't get played.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 11:26am
Originally posted by JPINATOR

hahahaha ^^^^ that's mass chaos, looks fun tho

lol hey... it sounded good anyway

sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 11:28am
I say play the stock maps that are balanced... and if any team uses any glitches or exploits the whole team should be disqualified. Would weed out the retards from the good players that deserve to play in this. XD teeeeeeeeeheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee f***ers
pr0b4b1l1ty5 View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote pr0b4b1l1ty5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Phenethylamine

NewB4Hire?   O:

Yup.

Look Envy joined.... now all we need is Danjel and Hanfei and this should be a great tournament.
pr0b4b1l1ty5 View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote pr0b4b1l1ty5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 11:37am
let me guess though, you guys aren't going to let me join.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 11:40am
teams need subs. ask around.
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 11:48am
Whore Holla at me son

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 11:58am
It's gonna be predetermined maps unless you play an EU team... It'll keep you well rounded IMO, otherwise teams will only play 1 map the entire tournament. (Gotta make it fun to watch!)
I'm open to hearing opinions though.
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 12:05pm
Oh and Torlan vs Torlan Short
Tell me which one do y'all prefer.
FehtalaTee View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by hinterland

WAR-Spambox > All

Hahhahahahaha!!!!!! i spent 5mins of my life just lmao at this vid thank you Hint!

Penguins has a point. i have to look at that map Phantaci talking about "1st" before i can give one of those "imo" out to iAMg

Me and Penguins about to go HAAAAAM!!
FehtalaTee View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by ubernoob

Bain and JP: don't take it so personal, I was obviously not trying to bruise fragile egos with my post and I swear I was doing my best to keep it as diplomatic as possible. But seriously how would u be able to fairly seed the brackets when for example there's so many new non-warfare players involved?

And of course the seeding process is important to teams' chances of advancement in the tourney. Sure everyone has to win their matches but being given a tougher route to the finals due to arbitrary reasoning from the people seeding is just bull.

Someone like Phantaci would likely do a better job at seeding as he is

- very active in the community as well as in the game itself, in all game modes.
- is familiar with everyone involved, across the modes, both old and new players.
- from what I've seen shows maturity in decision-making processes to not allow bias or ignorance trump fairness.
- doesn't get his ego bruised when criticized.

I am aware he is in one of the teams playing and may not be a possible candidate for seeding the tourney but I am mentioning him as a prime example of a person that should be given the task of seeding, in my opinion of course.

Like I said, I am throwing this out there for general discussion so that we can all reach the best decisions together.
thats my son right there, and it's nice seeing him grow up so fast ;'D <3

i do agree with everything you just said so yes Phantaci should handle most of the seeding imo

@the ego part, his ego gets in the way when i say im better than him in snowreal, he "thinks" he is better than me at times haha...what a noob...
Me and Penguins about to go HAAAAAM!!
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 12:17pm
Torlan with center node is best for a 5v5..but what do I know about warfare lol

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by _EnVy_

Torlan with center node is best for a 5v5..but what do I know about warfare lol
Which torlan is that lol.
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 12:50pm
Torlan classic
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by JPINATOR

Torlan classic
Thank ya.

The seedings will be posted soon everyone. It's double elimination and please everyone look at the server rules and map rules.
The format will be pretty much like this:

http://www.printyourbrackets.com/10seededdouble.html
WaRHore View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaRHore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by _EnVy_

Whore Holla at me son
Whats ur PSN??
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 1:15pm
No love for Torlan Leviathan?
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 1:28pm

lol phant is being nice when not putting in Market and Sinkhole, he can easily do it. The game calls them warfare maps so get over it. 

And plenty of the players playing in this are learning the stock war maps for the first time, I'm sure plenty of you can learn 1custom in the next two weeks. "Oh no, a new map?! I havent played a million pubs on it, I'll suck! Take it out!" 
I could care less, im just thinking about everyone else, seems to be not a popular idea. And warfare only players prolly want good open vehicle maps, its a warfare tourney, don't worry bout foot mode maps, im not trying to start anything, do a poll since the majority of this site is in the tourney, let the people decide.... fight for you right! Lol

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Sephiroth_V7

lol phant is being nice when not putting in Market and Sinkhole, he can easily do it. The game calls them warfare maps so get over it. 

And plenty of the players playing in this are learning the stock war maps for the first time, I'm sure plenty of you can learn 1custom in the next two weeks. "Oh no, a new map?! I havent played a million pubs on it, I'll suck! Take it out!" 
I could care less, im just thinking about everyone else, seems to be not a popular idea. And warfare only players prolly want good open vehicle maps, its a warfare tourney, don't worry bout foot mode maps, im not trying to start anything, do a poll since the majority of this site is in the tourney, let the people decide.... fight for you right! Lol

We will do some pugs on flare, and since the top 1 seed plays the winner of 8 & 9, and the top 2 seed plays the winner of 7 & 10 we will have flare played in the 7-10 matches to see how it turns out.
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 1:42pm
Top seed has the disadvantage of playing less games lol
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 2:18pm
OFFICIAL SEEDING

1. Waste Management
2. GOW REUNION
3. DEVIL
4. DEM P-BODIES
5. Seph's Sluts
6. GrX-***
7. Team: No Name Yet (Drone)
8. ThA NkR3d1bLeZ
9. WLrd
10. Los Ositos Cariñositos

Just a reminder, I did not come up with these seedings; I just averaged out the seedings from the numbers I got. (However I like how they turned out)

ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 2:25pm
In Bracket A:
1 Plays winner of 8vs9
4vs5

In Bracket B:
2 plays winner of 7vs10
3vs6

It is double elimination.
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 2:25pm
i played spambox b4 its fun lol the framerate isnt bad bud hv fun on a player host lol
WaRHore View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaRHore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 3:11pm
where's my team???
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by WaRHore

where's my team???
LOL my bad I used black font. y'all there
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 52>