Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

WF Tournament: OFFICIAL SEEDING IS UP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 52>
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WF Tournament: OFFICIAL SEEDING IS UP
    Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 8:20pm
edit: nvm, misread something
ubernoob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ubernoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 8:20pm
The seeding must have been based on personal preference+popularity as Ether said tho.

Because there's nothing else the seeders could have based it on. Fact.
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 8:31pm
So if I'm reading this correctly, one is not able to look at these ten teams and pick who has the best shot of winning it all?

Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by ax412

Originally posted by Sephiroth_V7

Am I dumb for thinking its bull**** that the first two seeds get a bye? Its random seeding not based off a win/loss ratio so what makes them better than everyone Elses random teams?

Well the seeds weren't random. The players ranked them on who they thought were the best. Who else is gonna get a bye??????????
It's a ten man tournament, someone has to get a BYE.

Woolvie basically said I think team A can win it all, so team will get this seed.

That's how it worked.

You're missing the point.  I understand that the concept is purely based on who is top dog, and that those decisions are always decided by top tier players.  But if you want a "fair/even" tournament, seeding shouldn't be involved.  

I personally believe there should be a random draw as to who is Number 1, Number 2, etc etc. Personal opinions and private vendettas skew the entire bracket to such an extent that player decisions can't be used to judge the best of the best.  THAT is my point.  This isn't a professional sport or the NCAA.  It's a friendly WF tournament.  Don't take it too far.  Throw the teams into a hat and draw.  Bracket done.  
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
ubernoob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ubernoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 9:04pm
Perhaps the people who seeded the teams could clarify exactly what they based their rankings on so we can see if their reasoning was valid or not?

DahBlackWorm View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote DahBlackWorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 9:06pm
I could do a live stream and draw seeds from a hat so that everyone would see the legitimacy.... It would take one minute..
ubernoob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ubernoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Ether404

Throw the teams into a hat and draw.  Bracket done.  

This would be more fair than the current seeding system, imo.

Also, if the maps are to be predetermined they should probably be decided on for each round prior to the teams being placed in the brackets
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 9:10pm

Am I dumb for thinking its bull**** that the first two seeds get a bye? Its random seeding not based off a win/loss ratio so what makes them better than everyone Elses random teams?

Well the seeds weren't random. The players ranked them on who they thought were the best. Who else is gonna get a bye??????????

Woolvie basically said I think team A can win it all, so team will get this seed.

That's how it worked.

I was just trolling you to see what you'd say I don't care lol

Waste management is going down anyway when I get hold of them ;) where's all the sh1t talk at???????

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote DahBlackWorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 9:11pm
ok i'm recording now and showing the process... i'll post link  here...
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 9:15pm
Who cares about seeding anyways? You still have to win every game to win the championship, doesn't matter who you play or when u play them. Its more of a guide line on how to make the bracket really. I think its fair, game on.... P bodies bring it the f*** on! :)

Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote DahBlackWorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 9:16pm
http://livestre.am/POY  try this guys
ubernoob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ubernoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 9:21pm

Who cares about seeding anyways? You still have to win every game to win the championship, doesn't matter who you play or when u play them. Its more of a guide line on how to make the bracket really. I think its fair, game on.... P bodies bring it the f*** on! :)

Well, the seeding does determine how easy it will be to "win every game to win the championship" :)

If the matchups were decided by randomization I wouldn't have a problem with it. It's just that the current seeding process is so flawed and the teams are being ranked on such arbitrary reasoning that make it seem unfair.
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote DahBlackWorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 9:24pm
http://www.livestream.com/Dahblackworm?t=942549

http://livestre.am/POY

I will also post the video after I upload it... 
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by ubernoob

Well, the seeding does determine how easy it will be to "win every game to win the championship" :)

If the matchups were decided by randomization I wouldn't have a problem with it. It's just that the current seeding process is so flawed and the teams are being ranked on such arbitrary reasoning that make it seem unfair.

Who cares how easy it is, two best teams will play in the end if you're doing double elimination

ICN_Fr0z3nFir3 View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote ICN_Fr0z3nFir3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 9:36pm

html,body{border:0px;margin:1px;background-image:none;}
td {border:1px dotted #CCCCCC;}

Hey I want in. Dont care what team.

Two_Fase View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Two_Fase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by ubernoob

suggestion.....play, win, win again and win one more time. problem solved. if your team is the best then guess what it won't matter who you play first, second or third. go H.A.M you won't have any problems 
Anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die is the only thing you should fear
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote DahBlackWorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 9:38pm
http://livestre.am/3XUXD
ICN_Fr0z3nFir3 View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote ICN_Fr0z3nFir3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 9:41pm
Also why cant we have scrambled teams those look very stacked.
E_Mc2-86Mu_A   AKA l_Checkmate_l   AKA xDoppleGangerx AKA ICN_Fr0z3nFir3 AKA A****BUBLExD........ PROBLEM??????
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by ICN_Fr0z3nFir3

Also why cant we have scrambled teams those look very stacked.

Only if you play on your ashytebuble account and taunt the whole game.

YOU ARE E_Mc2-86Mu_A !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude, I was going go ape shyte on you the other day. I'm going get the other Matt to kick this Matt's a$$.

Which team looks stacked? The teams are fairly well rounded IMO. GOW, GRX/***, Seph's team and Devil have really good warfare lineups. But I don't see any team stacked.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 10:26pm
As far as rankings go, put Waste Managment and Devil last. It doesn't matter. If a team is ranked last or first, they still have to play the winner of the next round. Just ask the LA Kings. . . and it's double elimination, so the teams have a chance to redeem themselves. So what difference does ranking make?

Can we all just play and have fun. Who cares who wins or loses. It's a fvcking game. This is just good competition and fun. Except Strider - He'll blow his brains out if he loses.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 10:29pm

That's how it worked.

I was just trolling you to see what you'd say I don't care lol

Waste management is going down anyway when I get hold of them ;) where's all the sh1t talk at???????

Lick my balls Seph. Is that sh1t talking or a proposition?
chisox666 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote chisox666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 10:41pm
Pinnacle - I love the LA Kings reference. Pretty much sums up this tourney if it goes the full route.

get fragged

Misery Index - Heirs To Thievery
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 10:45pm
Hey seph, your sluts were playing some legit good warfare on Phants server  tonight vs some members of the Pbodies. You need to tell your baby momma to back da faq up so you can spend some time with your sluts! 
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by JPINATOR

Hey seph, your sluts were playing some legit good warfare on Phants server  tonight vs some members of the Pbodies. You need to tell your baby momma to back da faq up so you can spend some time with your sluts! 

Yeah Seph, and don't forget to lick my balls.
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 11:57pm
If this was single Elim, I could honestly see a justification of the complaints.
But if you lose first round, your still guaranteed another round. 
If this were 8 or 16 teams then maybe do random seeding. But you can't do that when a team has to get a BYE. 
Just get ready for your match ups.
And have fun.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 52>