Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

12 Dead @ Dark Knight Rises Premiere

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12 Dead @ Dark Knight Rises Premiere
    Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 11:48am
ayyy a burglar is comin at my wife and kids with a knife and he's twice my size....brb i gotta go to my basement and unlock my gun cabinet and then put in the ammo.....  XD
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 12:05pm
Lol mine are all fully loaded locked in a gun cabinet in our bedroom. Has a glass door on it so its safe from Our 7 yr old yet easily accessible with a key or break the damn glass if I have to.... guns worthless without one in the chamber :S

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 12:13pm
there are other means of hunting seph and there are also other viable means of income ur stat could choose to use in place of hunting so no guns are not necessary...and again its that fear that tells u in the back of ur head that ur not safe without a gun that ends up fuelling the whole drive for weapons not as hunting tools but killing tools
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 12:23pm
I could see how someone from California would have those kinda views. But that's all we have here. You take away hunting with guns and we lose 70% of our travels that come here for pheasant and deer hunting. That would kill our economy and we would go downhill fast. You don't have the knowledge to be making claims like that.

SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 12:34pm
even though some criminals will break the gun laws Seph, gun laws still serve some purpose... thats like saying lets do away with all laws, because some people are just going to break them anyway... i think its more about who's willing to pull a trigger and for what reason, then it is about who has the bigger and bad'r guns, and most criminals don't just come up to you and say (hey i'm about to shoot you, so you may want to pull out your gun if you have one) if their willing to shoot you and they intend to shoot you then id say that they usually just shoot you, so having a gun wont prevent everything that could happen regardless of what type of gun it is, but restricting certain guns through gun laws can make it harder to buy certain types of guns and that alone may save someones life and a family from going through the horrible grief that these family's are going through now... what legit reason is there for someone having a semiauto or auto rifle other then the military? not even 1 that i can think of... banning every semi and full auto rifle and sending anyone thats caught with 1 straight to jail wouldn't bother me at all... there's just no need for those types of guns in a civilized society
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 12:40pm
i understand what ur sayn as well as the different lifestyle out there but again....there are other methods of hunting, guns are not a necessity just a luxury in that aspect. also in todays world the are alot of other industries that, if the state of S. Dakota chose to, could just as well pick up that 70% slack, people are just set in their ways but humans survived b4 guns its not like with all our moder technology we couldnt easily survive without them again
Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 12:54pm
it's not an irrational fear to believe that people will invade your home and **** or kill your family

it's happened plenty   o_O

cars can be used to kill people as well lets take away those
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 1:09pm
Trust me you will never stop violence , it just so happens that he used a gun to commit the crime. He could have easily used some sort of biological weapon since he was in the field of neuroscience but he chose to do it this way. I saw the picture of him in court today and he looked completely unplugged from reality. Be thankful it was not you or your family or friends that this happened to. Sad fact is events like this will always happen in our world, it will never stop because how can you police or diagnose an illness when it is so well hidden within someones mind? So just hope that you will not be in the crossfire when something like this happens again.

-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Phenethylamine

it's not an irrational fear to believe that people will invade your home and **** or kill your family

I don't think cars are designed to kill..

A burglar twice your size, you can shoot him with a taser gun e.g. Isn't that enough ?
You cannot use that one to kill 12 people at a cinema, but it deserves the purpose of protecting yourself and your family.
I don't understand your mindset, but it's okay it's your country and your laws :P
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 1:11pm
well i've never even locked my back door at night, so i guess fear is just not my thang... GOD has taken pretty good care of me and my family so far so i'll just keep trusting in him instead of believing that i'm capable of shooting some assault rifle in my sleep     
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by -DaGoN-

I don't think cars are designed to kill..

A burglar twice your size, you can shoot him with a taser gun e.g. Isn't that enough ?
You cannot use that one to kill 12 people at a cinema, but it deserves the purpose of protecting yourself and your family.
I don't understand your mindset, but it's okay it's your country and your laws :P
Handgun > taser
if anyone invades your home they deserve a bullet to the chest

i do agree some of the stuff available to us is excessive tho lol
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by TX2k7

i understand what ur sayn as well as the different lifestyle out there but again....there are other methods of hunting, guns are not a necessity just a luxury in that aspect. also in todays world the are alot of other industries that, if the state of S. Dakota chose to, could just as well pick up that 70% slack, people are just set in their ways but humans survived b4 guns its not like with all our moder technology we couldnt easily survive without them again
gotta look at businesses too... what would happen to cabelas, scheels, sportsman's warehouse and many other shops nationwide and big time in the Midwest? You'd kill them off making the unemployment rate even worse. And who hints with a bow and arrow or a knife? Hardly anyone cuz its not what ppl want. Gun ban isn't the answer.

I agree with banning full autos syz. But not semi autos.

As far as protection how in The world could someone believe a tazer will save you from a gun man?

I'd have more points to argue but I'm at work on my phone. When I get home I'll be able to discuss this better

SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 1:50pm
just watch 1 episode of Sons of guns and you'll see plenty of excessive guns being made and or sold. and they don't even seem to care too much about who's buying them? the daughter is smoking hott :o i can't help it... smoking hott girls always deserve atleast a mention :->
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by TX2k7

gotta look at businesses too... what would happen to cabelas, scheels, sportsman's warehouse and many other shops nationwide and big time in the Midwest? You'd kill them off making the unemployment rate even worse. And who hints with a bow and arrow or a knife? Hardly anyone cuz its not what ppl want. Gun ban isn't the answer.

I agree with banning full autos syz. But not semi autos.

As far as protection how in The world could someone believe a tazer will save you from a gun man?

I'd have more points to argue but I'm at work on my phone. When I get home I'll be able to discuss this better

CKC_TRIPHOP View Drop Down
Team CKC
Team CKC
goof

Post Options Post Options   Quote CKC_TRIPHOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 2:04pm
My step father was a gun dealer/pawn broker and I spent alot of time traveling to gun shows. I can tell you an AR-15 is the civilian equivelent to the M-16 and is NOT a hunting rifle. But banning these weapons is a slippery slope. Due to the fact that other guns that are legit will be affected by it. the brady bill is an example of how a law and restriction was passed to keep the gun out of the wrong hands but in the end it really does not stop any of these crimes. Yes it may keep a gun out of the wrong hands(which they go to the streets or victimize someone to get it illegally). It also though is a burden and not fair to honest hardworking "gun enthusiasts". So more laws against guns are touchy because in the end it seems to affect gun owners more than criminals. the laws we have in place atm serve their purpose. 
In the end the only thing that should change (if anything at all) is that theaters alarm emergency exit doors and make people exit through the front. But changing laws and taking away our freedoms is only giving gun control people a soapbox to stand on. we are a proud nation of gun owners and they are responsible, If their were no guns this guy would have driven his car through a huge crowd. (but then we would have to outlaw cars lol)

[/url]
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 2:07pm
semi auto can hold the same ammo and amount of ammo and have close to the same fire rate as an auto though Seph.. there's hardly any difference at all

if a grizzly charges at you? what type of weapon would have the best chance at saving your life? would it even be a gun? would a gun even guarantee your safety? no! same goes for a person with a gun thats about to try to shoot you
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 2:09pm
What? Yeah a gun would save me from a bear. Ive shot a bear. It works. I made a new thread foe all of this

Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 2:11pm
And holds the same ammo bit fire rate is way different

SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 2:37pm
to hell with gun enthusiasts that want excessive guns! thats a fk'd up point imo... they can get a different fk'n hobby... guns are created to kill period! death isn't no fk'n hobby... they can just toss a fk'n bowling ball or swing a dam golf club or drop a dam fishing line

look Jimbob, i had em build me a triple uzi... it aint accurate fur sh1t, but this baby fires 4000 rounds a minute... i can't miss hu hu hu

sounds more like an accident or an unknown nut case just waiting to happen then a hobby to me

freedom is VERY important, but some sh1t has to be controlled by law... too many idiots, radicals and flat out nut cases to just let anyone have access to excessive guns just because there's enthusiasts that think bad ass guns are cool    
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Sephiroth_V7

What? Yeah a gun would save me from a bear. Ive shot a bear. It works. I made a new thread foe all of this

2 of the top hunters in the world were attacked by different grizzly's and they both shot the grizzly's multiple times... one grizzly killed one of the hunters before he died and the other grizzly mangled the other hunter so bad that he would have also died if he wouldn't have gotten help by friends that got him to a hospitol real quick... that grizzly survived despite the multiple powerful gunshots

a gun don't guarantee anything

OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 3:07pm
Whomever James Holmes is deserves the death sentence like the DC Sniper. It's ridiculous for him to killed incident people for no reason.
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by OneMan1Army

Whomever James Holmes is deserves the death sentence like the DC Sniper. It's ridiculous for him to killed incident people for no reason.
psh let him go to jail and get booty rayped for life
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 4:27pm

but what if he likes getting booty rayped? in that case he would probably love spending the rest of his life in jail
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 5:42pm

agreed. Tattoo a set of tits on his ass checks and let Bubba go to town

ckc_pamkitten View Drop Down
Team CKC
Team CKC

Post Options Post Options   Quote ckc_pamkitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 12:19am

He'll be in protective custody the entire time he's in prison..regretfully this will never happen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>