| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Gun Ban???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Should there be a gun ban?
Vote Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
8 [42.11%]
11 [57.89%]

Author
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gun Ban???
    Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 2:06pm
Other thread doesn't need this discussion in it. But let's hear your thoughts.

The impact on the economy, peoples recreational lives, and personal protection is to much of a hit to have one in my opinion. Ifs our right and what founded this country shouldn't be changed.

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
ckc_pamkitten View Drop Down
Team CKC
Team CKC

Post Options Post Options   Quote ckc_pamkitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 2:32pm
The problem with the poll is it is black and white.  I say yes and no.  I believe in a controlling certain firearms while allowing for use of handguns and shotguns.  I personally have never owned a gun nor would I want any in my house, but I don't think that means others shouldn't have that right.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/18/samuel-williams-duwayne-henderson-davis-dawkins-internet-cafe-shooting_n_1682519.html

Granted with the Colorado shooter the old guy above wouldn't have had the same luck due to the shooter wearing body armor but this video shows how allowing civilians to carry can be a deterrent to crime.
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 2:38pm
Its a yes or no question. What u wanna see is limitations which means no on the ban.

OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 2:51pm
Well, I always stay strapped so my answer is no.
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 3:49pm
From the other thread:

Originally posted by Sephiroth_V7

Originally posted by TX2k7

i understand what ur sayn as well as the different lifestyle out there but again....there are other methods of hunting, guns are not a necessity just a luxury in that aspect. also in todays world the are alot of other industries that, if the state of S. Dakota chose to, could just as well pick up that 70% slack, people are just set in their ways but humans survived b4 guns its not like with all our moder technology we couldnt easily survive without them again
gotta look at businesses too... what would happen to cabelas, scheels, sportsman's warehouse and many other shops nationwide and big time in the Midwest? You'd kill them off making the unemployment rate even worse. And who hints with a bow and arrow or a knife? Hardly anyone cuz its not what ppl want. Gun ban isn't the answer.

I agree with banning full autos syz. But not semi autos.

Agree with the full auto ban. The only reason to own a Mac10 is to kill a large number of people in a short amount of time. Although it is difficult to place a limit on what firing speed should and should not be legal, allowing semi-automatic guns, while prohibiting full automatic, seems like a reasonable compromise.
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 3:50pm
I threaten my Pokemon when they fall asleep.. or get Paralyzed, or all the other things that make em horrible... so answer is no... 

PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 4:39pm
semi auto can be easily tweeked to fire amost as fast as an auto, and some semi auto's can be turned into full auto's quick and easy... id just ban them both, because their not needed for anything except taking out multiple targets very quickly   
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
RpZ-Xot1Cz View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote RpZ-Xot1Cz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 4:53pm
America should be able to sell guns with limited ammo.
Its a bit obvious that if you walk into a  gun shop and order 6,300 rounds of ammunition
I mean a man buying that much ammunition, you know sh1ts gunna happen
SO IM YES AND NO 
im tired.
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by SIZZLE

semi auto can be easily tweeked to fire amost as fast as an auto, and some semi auto's can be turned into full auto's quick and easy... id just ban them both, because their not needed for anything except taking out multiple targets very quickly   
I have semi auto rifles and shotguns for hunting and clay pigeon shooting so you're right, it is for multiple targets. So why ban them? Fully autos are the only ones that should be restricted cuz that is over kill.

ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 6:48pm
The M16 is a 3 burst right?
So how does the AR15 work?
ckc_pamkitten View Drop Down
Team CKC
Team CKC

Post Options Post Options   Quote ckc_pamkitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 12:25am
F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 5:20pm
Look at it this way: Here in Norway we do not have a issue with guns... That is until the 22 th. When Breivik decided to kill kids on Utøya.
Its not the guns that are the problem. People are the problem, individually.
What occurs to me as I read that shait from the cinema was that he surrended easily after. Like a f u cking robot. The same with Breivik here.. After the kills he was in a state of delusions. Like it wasnt him that did it. He was more "looking at himself"... I find that odd.
EDIT: These was he's own words.. ^
chisox666 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote chisox666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by ax412

The M16 is a 3 burst right?
So how does the AR15 work?

I'm pretty sure there are 3 options for the firing rate of an M16. Full auto, 3rnd burst and semi-auto. An AR15 is only semi-auto. M16 and an AR15 are the same pretty much except for the military designation, the rate of fire, and barrel length. AR barrels can be anywhere from 14.5in (but must have a pinned flash hider bringing total length to above 16in) to 24in. Popular sizes are 14.5in with pinned FH, 16in, 18in, 20in, and 24in. Anything below 16in that does not have a pinned flash hider (bringing total barrel length to above 16in) needs a NFA tax stamp (because it's now known as an SBR or Short Barreled Rifle) from the ATF or it is illegal. There are exceptions though. You can put any length barreled upper receiver on a pistol lower. But 7.5in is usually the barrel of choice for an AR pistol. Pistol lower receivers are the same as traditional AR lower receivers except they have no stock, hence the name "pistol lower".  

Many of our soldiers also carry M4's. An M4 has a 14.5 in barrel vs a 20in barrel on an M16. An M4 also has a collapsible stock, while M16 usually has a fixed stock.
get fragged

Misery Index - Heirs To Thievery
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by OneMan1Army

well someone stays in a bad neighborhood lol
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 8:32pm
All ammo guns should be destroyed, we should be left with rubber bullets and tazers. lol If that doesn't stop someone from doing something then that guy is a super hero
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 10:15pm
Are you going to use a net gun? lmao, why can't this stay in my thread i made btw???? But the market for people that wanna use bows and knifes to hunt is not very high. People like guns, and when you're hunting a deer, you better have a gun. You're not going to get it with a slingshot, they have tough skin and spook easily. Pheasents fly, what the hell can replace a shotgun????? You act like its ok to use sticks and stones to hunt with cuz it works so well. Got news for ya, it doesn't

You know 1 person??? I know a whole state full. I know business owners with gun shops. You're one person you know halfway across the country doesn't hold up to what i know and who i know. So what makes you think you're so right?

The robber wont have a gun either?????? He's a robber aka criminal, you don't think that hes not going to the black market to get a pistol if he plans on committing a crime. He's a criminal, the gun ban wont bother him, he'll find a way to get a weapon so yes Peng is correct in his statement.

1) u guys always think so limited, with all our current technology u honestly do not think we have or could develop, ANYTHING that couldn't be just as effective as a gun? seriously? there are plenty of options out there u just dont want to see. if wat we currently hv available isnt good enough, ok we can easily develop something that is...look at that, new job market. currently available tho we have tranquiliser darts that can get strong enough to knock out an elephant, thatd do it, just tranq it, kill it donsomething like a modified taser minus the wires can easily b developed to knock it out, thatd do it...seriously its not impossible or inefficient. "People like guns"...people like fast food too and yet we are top on the list in obesity & up there in gun-related deaths, yea we r definitely doin it right...humans are stupid & ignorant as a species, driven by emotions, predominantly fear. u wouldnt give a sharp object to a baby...u shouldnt give guns to people

2) im not sayn to give up hunting dude im just sayn u dont need lethal guns 2 do it.

3) im not talking about a gun ban, im talkn bout a complete absence of guns everywhere he'll not be gettin 1 off the black market. if someone is tryn to rob u, no guns = less chance of fatal incident occurring
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Zellot

LOL! Ha ha! I was joking around when I wrote that comment. But I do looking forward to get my gun license and deadly gun
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 10:46pm
I'm thinking of doing CHP...
California Highway Patrol
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 7:36am
Originally posted by TX2k7

Are you going to use a net gun? lmao, why can't this stay in my thread i made btw???? But the market for people that wanna use bows and knifes to hunt is not very high. People like guns, and when you're hunting a deer, you better have a gun. You're not going to get it with a slingshot, they have tough skin and spook easily. Pheasents fly, what the hell can replace a shotgun????? You act like its ok to use sticks and stones to hunt with cuz it works so well. Got news for ya, it doesn't

You know 1 person??? I know a whole state full. I know business owners with gun shops. You're one person you know halfway across the country doesn't hold up to what i know and who i know. So what makes you think you're so right?

The robber wont have a gun either?????? He's a robber aka criminal, you don't think that hes not going to the black market to get a pistol if he plans on committing a crime. He's a criminal, the gun ban wont bother him, he'll find a way to get a weapon so yes Peng is correct in his statement.

1) u guys always think so limited, with all our current technology u honestly do not think we have or could develop, ANYTHING that couldn't be just as effective as a gun? seriously? there are plenty of options out there u just dont want to see. if wat we currently hv available isnt good enough, ok we can easily develop something that is...look at that, new job market. currently available tho we have tranquiliser darts that can get strong enough to knock out an elephant, thatd do it, just tranq it, kill it donsomething like a modified taser minus the wires can easily b developed to knock it out, thatd do it...seriously its not impossible or inefficient. "People like guns"...people like fast food too and yet we are top on the list in obesity & up there in gun-related deaths, yea we r definitely doin it right...humans are stupid & ignorant as a species, driven by emotions, predominantly fear. u wouldnt give a sharp object to a baby...u shouldnt give guns to people

2) im not sayn to give up hunting dude im just sayn u dont need lethal guns 2 do it.

3) im not talking about a gun ban, im talkn bout a complete absence of guns everywhere he'll not be gettin 1 off the black market. if someone is tryn to rob u, no guns = less chance of fatal incident occurring
km at work on my phone so can't give the full reply I want. Later I will. But if the develop something to replace guns that's just as effective, won't that just end up being another dangerous weapon? If u can use it to hunt animals u can use it to kill ppl too. Not sure if u know how to hunt either. I'llshoot 3 birds outta the sky in 2 seconds. I don't have time for some tree hugging wanna be gun. They need to be dead once I hit them. I've shot multiple deer before in one sitting at 2 to 3 hundred yards and have to follow blood trails to find them. Rubber bullets and tranquilizers won't do **** for that. As far as getting rid of all guns. Not possible. To many have been produced and will always be around for bad guys to get a old of one way or another

ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 7:38am
Gun's should be banned from all countries from all civilians.
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Sephiroth_V7

km at work on my phone so can't give the full reply I want. Later I will. But if the develop something to replace guns that's just as effective, won't that just end up being another dangerous weapon? If u can use it to hunt animals u can use it to kill ppl too. Not sure if u know how to hunt either. I'llshoot 3 birds outta the sky in 2 seconds. I don't have time for some tree hugging wanna be gun. They need to be dead once I hit them. I've shot multiple deer before in one sitting at 2 to 3 hundred yards and have to follow blood trails to find them. Rubber bullets and tranquilizers won't do **** for that. As far as getting rid of all guns. Not possible. To many have been produced and will always be around for bad guys to get a old of one way or another

Your bird and deer stats AMAZE me, I'm glad you shared them with us. What a treat!

lol

dumbass
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 10:58am
Its not a stat its a point saying there's no time to be using fake guns. If you're to dumb to see that then go ahead and use that pointless sarcasm.

SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 11:57am
oh sh1t... well its now official Seph... you sir are now a dumbass my friend :)
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by ColossusSlayer

Gun's should be banned from all countries from all civilians.
that way as the gov't gets more corrupt, no one can oppose them!
Que una buen idea!
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 12:29pm

Originally posted by Zellot

LOL! Ha ha! I was joking around when I wrote that comment. But I do looking forward to get my gun license and deadly gun
Nerf guns require no licence.    ;)
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>