Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

iAMCTF 3 Draft System/Rules/IRC Chat *UPDATED*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote i2ic0chet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: iAMCTF 3 Draft System/Rules/IRC Chat *UPDATED*
    Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 12:09pm

Drafting Process and Rules

The following draft system was designed as a means to provide a fair and level playing field between all teams.  Doing so will ensure a fun, fair, and competitive environment through-out the league’s entirety.  Drafting is a very simple concept with some rules to follow.  All we are doing here is picking players from a pool.  Here is how the process goes. 

Most likely there will be 8 teams of around 5-6 players.  All players will have a value or rank based on their skill level.  Skills do not necessarily fall in the range of how great a player’s aim is.  Skills can range beyond aim to include one’s communication, intellect, leadership and so on.  Having intel on most players in the pool and their styles of play is valuable to having great success in the draft. 

Captains participating in the draft will not need to worry about making picks under a timed clock.  Each pick, you can take all the time you need in making a decision.  Making a decision is important mainly because of the players values.

Before the draft starts we will determine the order of picks.  This is determined based on each captain’s value.  The captain that has lowest value from the selected 8 will start the draft with the official first pick.  For example, if the captain’s values are the following,
                i2ic0chet - $7
                Phantaci - $9
                Bumrush - $10
                Sizzle - $5
                Penguin - $8
                Darkn3ss -$4
                Drone - $6
                War - $6.5
If these values were true, then Colossus would start the draft with the official first pick with second pick being chosen by the captain with the next closest higher value.  Basically in ascending order.  After the first round is complete, here is what happens.

Once the first round in the draft comes to a close, the team values are posted. Captain's values are not added to the team until the draft is over.  Round 2 of the draft will start with whoever has the lowest team value.  This is what team values look like after round 1.  Notice Team Penguin has the lowest team value.  He will start the next round with the first pick.

Team i2ic0chet: $8.1
                Rican - $8.1

Team Phantaci: $8.7
Vedakid - $8.7

Team Bumrush: $7.3
Luckshot - $7.3

Team Sizzle: $9.2
Seifer - $9.2

Team Penguin: $7.1
Darkness - $7.1

Team Darkn3ss: $ 8.9
Herbert - $8.9

Team Drone: $8.4
FehtalaTee - $8.4

Team War: $8.2
Disco Unz Unz - $8.2

The order of picks for Round 2 would start with again the lowest value of the whole team excluding captains.  *NOTE* Captain’s values are not added with the team until the draft is over, so if you are drafting please do not make the mistake of thinking your value was added with the team because it was not!  So the order for round 2 would look like this

Round 2 Order:
1. Team Penguin - $7.1
2. Team Bumrush - $7.3
3. Team i2ic0chet - $8.1
4. Team War - $8.2
5. Team Drone - $8.4
6. Team Phantaci - $8.7
7. Team Darkn3ss - $8.9
8. Team Sizzle - $9.2

Notice that due to Sizzle picking a high valued player in round 1, he is now the team with the highest value going into round 2 and therefore will be the last pick.  So captains be sure you make your decisions and picks wisely.  Strategize! 

The draft will be live, lasting around 4 rounds. All captains will need to be available to participate.  We will be using iamgaming’s web feature “irc chat” to run the draft.  We feel this will be the quickest and smoothest way.  Anyone is allowed to use irc chat and watch for announcements on who picked which player and the progress of the draft. 

If you are not familiar with irc chat then keep reading.   The easiest way to access this feature is to go to the Home Page of iamgaming.com and click on “IRC Chat” at the top.  You will be required to use a nickname which is pretty standard.  Once you hit connect, the chatroom will load up and you will need to join the draft channel to view the draft.  To do this you will need to use the “join” command.  This is a very simple command.  It is executed like so:

To join a channel you need to type the correct command.  Let’s say I wanted to join the channel #iamctf3.  In the chatbox I would simply type without the quotes “/join #iamctf3”  
That is all you need to do.  Once you have done this you are in the channel and free to chat with everyone.  We will be providing announcements regarding picks during the progress of the draft.  If you have any questions or need help just PM me or Vedakid. 

As a final note!  We need lists of credible values of all players in the pool.  We need more than one so we can average them out to get the best possible values.  Doing so will ensure fair values and decision making by the captains.  So if some players who have good knowledge on players in this pool can come up with lists of values on each player, that would help us out so much.  No need to put these lists in ascending order or anything as that will be taken care of later.  For right now just submit listed values so we can get this rolling and move on to the draft.  We would like to have the draft this weekend if possible if all goes well.  Captains will all need to be in the irc chat simultaneously for this to happen.  Times can be discussed.

If there are updates up to and right before the draft, I will edit this post so keep checking this thread for updates.

Best of luck to all captains in the draft!

The lists have been averaged and finalized.  Here is the order of picks for Round 1 to kickoff the Draft.  We still need to decide on a time for the draft.  I am free most of today and will be only available in the evening on Sunday.  So today is best for me.  

Draft Order
1. Team Sizzle - $6.00
2. Team Drone - $6.15
3. Team Darkn3ss - $6.25
4. Team WaR - $6.69
5. Team i2ic0chet - $8.69
6. Team Phantaci - $9.63
7. Team Penguin - $9.69
8. Team Bumrush - $9.94

Remember captains! During the draft do not add your values to the team value!  We will update your team value so you know how much you have accumulated as you progress.  Good luck and let's figure out a time!  Below is the finalized list of the pool in descending order.  I have removed the captains from this list to make it easier.

Draft Complete

Team Sizzle:  $ 28.94
Sizzle - $6.00
Seifer - $8.94
Death Machine - $ 6.75
Strider - $3.50
Bear - $4.25

Team Drone:  $ 31.09
Drone - $6.15
Veda - $9.00
Tourmenter - $7.88
Toke - $4.06
Orchid - $4.00

PStart2Leave: $ 30.32
Darkn3ss - $6.25
Devil_T3rror - $7.63
Colossus - $6.00
Buckethead - $5.94
Blues - $4.50

Team WaR: $ 31.19
WaR - $6.69
Herbert - $7.94
Carlangasbox - $7.19
drdeath2point0 - $5.56
Nerdslayer - $3.81

Team i2ic0chet: $ 32.89
i2ic0chet - $8.69
Rican - $9.13
i2ockyRacoon - $6.44
xX-RJD3-Xx- $ 4.44
NBK Pain - $4.19

eLevate: $ 34.82
Phantaci - $9.63
Fehtalatee - $6.75
Disco Unz Unz - $8.50
eWu Destruction - $4.81
Trix - $5.13

Team Penguin: $ 35.44
Penguin - $9.69
TheKingEternal - $6.69
A-R Rager - $7.81
Hemlock - $6.69
Jibba - $4.56

Team Bumrush: $34.38
Bumrush - $9.94
Mikey - $6.56
PHiLLN - $8.94
D Mafia - $5.19
elsope128 - $3.75

*Post Subject To Change*
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 1:02pm
Bumrush - $10
Penguin - $9.75
Phantaci - $9.5
Rico - $8.75
War - $6.75
Colossus - $6.25
Drone - $6.15
Sizzle - $6

eslope128     $4               The King Eternal  $6.25         DEVIL T3RROR $7.25       xkaperx $4
i2ockyracoon   $6.50                                             Fehtalatee    $7.25         Mikey $6.75
                                 Jff nerdslayer      $4                                   D Mafia $5
                                   xX-RJD3-Xx    #3.75                    Bear - $4.75          Tourmenter $7.25
PHiLLN  $8.75                        Buckethead   $5.75                  Herbert $7
Blues    $4                                 Trix $5
Veda   $9                         Pro Hemlock  $6.25                   Jibba91 $3.75
                                  Carlangasbox    $6.75                Strider $3.50
IDeathI-Machine   $6.75     eWu DeSTruCTioN  - $4.50           
A-R Rager       $7.25                   Rican     $9.25                        Seifer $8.75
drdeath2point0   $5.75             NBK Pain    $4.50                     Toke $4.25
Disco Unz Unz    $8.50             Darkn3ss         $6               ORchiD $4
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 1:27pm
we need to do that today the draft
PSN:Imaginative
Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 1:40pm
Bumrush - $10 
Phantaci - $9.75 
Penguin - $9.50 
Rico - $8.75
War - $6.75
Colossus - $6.25
Drone - $6.15
Sizzle - $6

Rican-$9.25
Philln-$9.25
Seifer-$9.00
Veda-$9.00
Disco-$8.50
Herbert-$8.50
Streetz-$8.25
Terror-$8.25
Tourmentor-$8.25
Justaname0/Box-$7.50
Biofreak-$7.00
PRO_Hemlock-$7.00
KupcakeDestroyer-$6.75
FehtalaTee-$6.50
RockyRaccoon$6.50
Mikey-$6.50
The King Eternal-$6.50
Darkness-$6.00
Dagon/Buckethead-$6
D-Mafia-$5.50
drdeath2point0-$5.50
Trixente-$5.25
RJD3-$5.00
eWu_Destruction/Homicide-$5.00
Jibba-$5.00
Blues-$5.00
Bear-$4.00
Toke-$4.00
Orchid-$4.00
NbK_Pain-$4.00
NerdSlayer-$3.75
elsope-$3.75
xkaperx-$3.75
Strider-$3.50

Most expensivee to least expensive, also skill wise....i dont think i forgot anyone  o.O

Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 1:41pm
LOL Rocky is worth more then me. Hey phant, f*** YOU lol jk.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Darkn3ss

LOL Rocky is worth more then me. Hey phant, f*** YOU lol jk.
you don't play haha.
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 1:43pm
Idgaf what yall rate me. Im worth 10 bucks perm.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 2:00pm
Idk if biofreak is in it, but if he is me and peng forgot him.
I'll list him as $7
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 2:00pm
lmao Penguin you really help me a lot with your ranking... id be offended if i didn't know that you have absolutely no clue :)

i'll go with Penguins ratings except for
Bum      10
Veda     10
Herbert 9
streetz   9
Disco    9
Phantaci 8 not as good as he thinks he is a in any mode other then duel!
Feh      0

there u go Phantaci... maybe we'll meet in the tourney? :-> this time i wont have Curlup though :o
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by SIZZLE

lmao Penguin you really help me a lot with your ranking... id be offended if i didn't know that you have absolutely no clue :)

Bum      10
Veda     10
Herbert 9
streetz   9
Disco    9
Feh      0

there u go Phantaci... maybe we'll meet in the tourney? :-> this time i wont have Curlup though :o
No offense, but Sizzle you've barely played anyone in the pool in competitive games, especially recently  :/

Rico, please disregard Sizzle's post  XD

EDIT- I also added in Biofreak for 7$
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 2:04pm
I'm only worth £6.25 when I'm not trying which is most of the time.

@ Rico, This is a very good and fresh Idea, I like it :)
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by ColossusSlayer

I'm only worth $6.25
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Phenethylamine

Originally posted by SIZZLE

Bum      10
Veda     10
Herbert 9
streetz   9
Disco    9
Feh      0

No offense, but Sizzle you've barely played anyone in the pool in competitive games, especially recently  :/

Rico, please disregard Sizzle's post  XD

EDIT- I also added in Biofreak for 7$

hell naw! what do you mean disregatd my post? yea Feh being 0 was obviously just a dis, but the rest is legit! disregard your own post asshole
xX-RJD3-Xx View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Headhunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote xX-RJD3-Xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 2:11pm
yes!!! im the leader of the $5.00 section lol
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 2:15pm
Lol sizzle offended?
I did you a favor ensuring you would get seifer.
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 2:17pm
Bum rico, peng, veda, and myself should be the only ones allowed to post these things.
Otherwise people get offended and post retarded ratings.
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 2:18pm
Penguins main hobby - Trolling me as much as possible = Get a life.
ut3lve View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ut3lve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 2:19pm
lol funny 
success is not measured by what you have got     its measured by the sacrifices you made to get there
RpZ-Xot1Cz View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote RpZ-Xot1Cz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 2:20pm
join irc chat. 4 of us are in the chat...
im tired.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 2:22pm

how in the ever living fu­ck am I trolling? If you think you deserve to be any higher you should get off the crack.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by ax412

Bum rico, peng, veda, and myself should be the only ones allowed to post these things.
Otherwise people get offended and post retarded ratings.
rican and phil should as well but i do think they will just co-sign my perfect list  o:
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Phenethylamine

how in the ever living fu­ck am I trolling? If you think you deserve to be any higher you should get off the crack.

sorry I think your talking a different language, I just don't understand you.
ut3lve View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ut3lve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 2:26pm
what happened between cs n pengerz??? this feud has gone on for long lol highly entertaining still!
success is not measured by what you have got     its measured by the sacrifices you made to get there
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by ax412

Lol sizzle offended?
I did you a favor ensuring you would get seifer.

not by Penguin, because he doesn't know, but yea your rating is just retarded... and i thought Feh was fk'n dumb? oh well though, it will just give me and Seif something to talk about :)

Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by ut3lve

what happened between cs n pengerz??? this feud has gone on for long lol highly entertaining still!

Penguin hates me, not much more to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>