Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

2012 London Olympics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote THE_KING_ETERNAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2012 London Olympics
    Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 8:35pm
So far this ceremony has been great, especially how the made the Olympic rings the way they did. Is anyone else watching this would be good to hear others opinions.
RpZ-Xot1Cz View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote RpZ-Xot1Cz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 8:39pm
Yaaa, but people are saying Beijing was better. I believe not! But yeh, london 2012 olympics ceremony was great. 
im tired.
THE_KING_ETERNAL View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote THE_KING_ETERNAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 8:40pm
I didn't like the Beijing ceremony at all too boring in my opinion.
Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 9:40pm

looks like Lisa Simpson giving Bart a bj   o:
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 9:42pm
No Daniel Craig aka James Bond flying in with a parachute carrying the torch ! :o

Haha jk though, it was a good opening ceremony :)
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote THE_KING_ETERNAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by -DaGoN-

No Daniel Craig aka James Bond flying in with a parachute carrying the torch ! :o

After seeing Queen Elizabeth jumping out that chopper Michelle Obama gotta step her game up.
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 12:07am
The music part was a little weird, with the girl who lost her cellphone.. :S 
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 7:36am
Originally posted by Phenethylamine

Haha yes I saw that one, it's faked though with the colours and the bead chain

These are the original ones
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 7:53am
Originally posted by THE_KING_ETERNAL

After seeing Queen Elizabeth jumping out that chopper Michelle Obama gotta step her game up.
True dat ! LOL
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 8:09am
imho I thought it was slow, dreary and disjointed. At least it got better but as a visual feast it was more like a last minute bbq in someone's garden. Too insular (danny Boyle's vision of Britain u guys wouldnt have understood the references eg NHS, Isambard Kingdom Brunel), too disconnected from the olympic movement (WWI, Great Ormond St kids), too gloomy (peeps who didnt live to see the games tribute, sick kids, 7-7 tribute with Abide with Me - a hymn song for funerals!) and def too cliched (007, Mr Bean, Beckham on a speedboat).
The pluses were the rings being forged, the musical drama - Dizzy Rascal was fkn A and some nice tunes from Specials, Jam, Stones, Who, etc. Boyle's references to 28 days later, Harry Potter, Child cather were neat but again it was theatre not necessary for the Olympics. The drama was a bit mek - didnt understand how the guy rang the girl to tell her that he had found her phone - bizarre but still! Did anyone see the old guy doing a nazi style salute (with his left hand extending out) when the german athletes entered the stadium???
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote THE_KING_ETERNAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 8:22am
I still enjoyed every bit of it.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 9:28am
didn't watch that BS. they need to cut out the ceremonies IMO. get on with the sporting events. synchronized swimming not included. if there's judges then it's not a sport.
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 9:38am
Like King, I too enjoyed it. I didn't have any high expectations to it though

Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

Did anyone see the old guy doing a nazi style salute (with his left hand extending out) when the german athletes entered the stadium???
Do you mean this one ? Yes that was weird :o
I don't really think it was meant that way though
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote THE_KING_ETERNAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 9:54am
Originally posted by BAIN

didn't watch that BS. they need to cut out the ceremonies IMO. get on with the sporting events. synchronized swimming not included. if there's judges then it's not a sport.

lol naw bain I don't mind especially since its at the end of the day.
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 12:14pm

Like King, I too enjoyed it. I didn't have any high expectations to it though

Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

Did anyone see the old guy doing a nazi style salute (with his left hand extending out) when the german athletes entered the stadium???
Do you mean this one ? Yes that was weird :o
I don't really think it was meant that way though
yeh wtf??? He did it 3 times so its questionable at least, under UK law they should caution him. I hope he behaved himself when Israel marched out?! 0_o

Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by THE_KING_ETERNAL

Originally posted by BAIN

lol naw bain I don't mind especially since its at the end of the day.
agreed. It was mainly BS with a fusion of theatre and dance....and some desperate celebs trying to enhance their profiles....let the sport begin!
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 9:02pm
Lochte, so hot
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Phenethylamine

hahahahahahahahaha

SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 9:39pm
The London what?
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 8:38am
15 year old girl from Lithuania won gold yesterday in 100m breaststroke, nobody ever heard from her before ;o weird things happen
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 8:43am

15 year old girl from Lithuania won gold yesterday in 100m breaststroke, nobody ever heard from her before ;o weird things happen
15 year old, girl, breast-stroke, where do I sign up?
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
ut3lve View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ut3lve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 8:53am
china dominating these games already XD
success is not measured by what you have got     its measured by the sacrifices you made to get there
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 8:58am
USA and China have the same amount of medals.
ut3lve View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ut3lve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 9:02am
you larry china have two more gold, usa hve two more silver n 2 more bronze which puts china top of da table! u talk gas do yr homework pedelo_phant
success is not measured by what you have got     its measured by the sacrifices you made to get there
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 9:48am
Chine and USA have the same amount of medals. (17)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>