FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The Dark Knight Rises Discussion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Dark Knight Rises Discussion
    Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 4:00am
Originally posted by WaRHore

I don't know if you guys ever read any of the Batman comics or know the history of the Character Robin. But to give you a little history. There have been now 4 characters that have been Batman's sidekick. And I think the movie did a good job of combining the 3 of them to make a their own version. The first being d*** Grayson who most people are familiar with. He was Robin I believe until the early early 80's. And was fired when he was shot by the Joker and soon let go by Bats because he felt he could not put a child's life in danger any longer. Now at this point he had also been a member of the Teen Titans were he then became the leader and eventually became Night Wing. Then he eventually moved to his own City BludHaven and even became a cop...Thats were the movie got the idea to make their version a Police officer. The second was Jason Todd a orphan growing up on the streets of Gotham in the area of crime alley. One of his origin stories even had Batman find him lifting tires off the Batmobile. Bats takes a liking to him after a few run ins as Batman and Bruce Wayne. After learning the boy's parents were murdered similar to his own. Bruce Wayne takes him as his ward and makes him Robin after he discovers he's Batman. Now I'm not sure how long this character was around but I know he was murdered by the Joker in the late 80's because he was reckless. And his death was actually decided by the fans in the series " Death in the family" And I believe the results were lop sided. Now the third Robin is very close to the character in the movie because he too figured out who Batman was. Tm Drake was a young rich kid who was a huge fan of Batman and Robin and actually witnessed  the event were d***'s Parents were killed at the circus. So after years and years of doing his own detective work he confronts Bruce Wayne with his discovery and actually saves his life. At first Batman did not want a new sidekick especially after Jayson's death who he eventually adopted before he died. But after Tim's parents are in a plane crash the death of his mother at the hands of some Voodoo villian. Batman decides to send him off to train with a group similar to the League of Shadows. As far as the fourth goes I just know some how he is the son of Bruce Wayne and Talia Algule..Thius must have been after I stopped reading...Sorry for the Fanboy geek session...Just wanted to point out the amalgamation of three of the comic characters made up the movie version Blake. Who I thought made sense because of Nolan's way of making the series believable.
dawg i know we ain't cool at ALL, but from this post, from one geek to another on the 8th of August every year, for just ONE day every year, we are cool. nice post dawg you explained the robin history GREAT. im glad SOMEONE knows hist history rather than me :(
Me and Penguins about to go HAAAAAM!!
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 5:57am
Feh, how are u not aware of this?? lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 6:14am
I knew some of this but not all of it. Thanks for the explanation.

Gong to see The Dark Knight Rises at IMAX again in 2 days, it will be the 3rd time :D
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 6:52am
The Dark Knight Rises v The Avengers

SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 7:59am
Originally posted by FehtalaTee

btw why do people hate on tdk? i LOVE that movie. it was my fav movie for a while until this year.
A LOT of reasons actually, I don't have two hours to type, or I would!
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
FehtalaTee View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by puertoRICAN

Feh, how are u not aware of this?? lol
lol who said i wasn't? Geek
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by ColossusSlayer

The Dark Knight Rises v The Avengers

Aside from the action, TDKR > Avengers on everything 
Watch in 720P....duh
FehtalaTee View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

Originally posted by FehtalaTee

btw why do people hate on tdk? i LOVE that movie. it was my fav movie for a while until this year.
A LOT of reasons actually, I don't have two hours to type, or I would!
i cant figure out a reason why ANYthing was wrong with this movie except the title. in the comics with the "Dark knight" batman crossed that line where he started Killing people left and right because robin had gotten killed but in here he doesnt kill anyone because he wont cross that line.

please tell me just a few things wrong with tdk. it was a 10/9 imo.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 2:48pm
There are plenty of things wrong with TDK, none of which i would say take away from the fact its a classic and one of the best super hero movies of all time.
It set the trend of making comic movies more real, darker and grittier, Examples. X-men 1st Class, Amazing Spider-man and the upcoming Man Of Steel
Plenty of Things wrong with the movie, like the bank robbery in the beginning, it looked cool and was a great intro for the joker and the movie itself, but if u think about it, its pretty dumb. 
Still a 10/10 tho 
Watch in 720P....duh
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 11:35am
Well, were to start!?  The bank scene where Joker is introduced; the 'henchmen' all sound like idiots.  They (in broad daylight) pickup Joker without his mask on (no one notices).  The banker gets a smoke bomb (un-benounced to him) in his mouth, never thinks to throw it!?!?  No one sees the YELLOW school bus hanging out of the bank!?!?  The bus then proceeds to exit the bank with a nice conveiniant gap between the other school busses, and the other drivers think of calling it in?  We are now roughly 10 minutes into the movie.  An almost full cast of sub-par actors; the bank clowns, pretty much all mob guys, Michael Jai White, a new Rachel played by a worse and uglier actress, Harvey's actor was pretty sub-par.   The scene where Bruce holds a benefit for Dent, after Joker tosses Rachel out the window....nothing happens to the party goers.
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 11:46am
The flight to get Loas from China, like the Chineses wouldn't see the commercial liner trying to fly under radar, or Norad not seeing it!  The transport convoy of Dent (who said he was Batman) see a FIRETRUCK on FIRE and think it's okay to go onto lower fifth where they would be sitting ducks ( according to a lowely cop) and not expect an ambush.  After Joker starts attacking the convoy, Nolan makes several mistakes of using incoherent camera angles that are deemed by cinematographers as a sin; (i.e.) showing the convoy going from left to right and right to left, and as such Dents position in the truck keeps switching from his back being behind the drivers, to the passangers side.     More issues, the boats and hospitals explosives not being seen by anyone!?  Sorry, hospitals are open 24/7, and ferries have preliminary check, above and below everytime they dis-embark.
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 11:54am
And last, but not ALL (been awhile since I seen it) my favorite, where Joker bust outta MCU with a bomb, in a guys stomach, from 35 feet, that kills, or incapacitates, every one on screen, except the Joker.  I'll give it another watch and come back with more...
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 7:05am

If they don't add this in the Bluray version I'm gonna be pissed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12