Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The Dark Knight Rises Discussion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Team Devil
Team Devil

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Dark Knight Rises Discussion
    Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 2:26pm
DO NOT READ THIS THREAD IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE FILM AS IT WILL HAVE SPOILERS. DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU.

So I'm guessing people have been to see it now. I have seen it twice at IMAX and I wanted to get people's views on the film. What did you like and what didn't you like?

Overall I would have to give the film 9.5/10 - The only reason I am giving it a 10/10 is for 2 little reason's, I didn;t like the fact that it didn't give Bane a proper death and I didn't like the fact that Alfred just sort of vanished of the scene before all the ending kicked off. Apart from that the film was a masterpiece, my favourite scene was the fight between Batman and Bane about half way through the film, Bane absolutely kicked the SH IT out of Batman in that scene which was a big shock the 1st time I saw the film.

My favourite character was Bane, I have never felt intimidated by someone in a film before but Bane was such a physical and mental presence in the film.

The ending wasn't predictable, I didn't expect the film to be about the story in Batman Begins with all the Raz Agul wanting to destroy Gotham.

The film had action, emotion and most importantly a fantastic story line which all add's up to a fantastic film overall.

Please leave a rating out of /10 and the best and worst thing you thought of the film. be as detailed as you like and I will read with interest.

Thanks.
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 2:42pm
perfect ending to an amazing series, although it could be continued, im sure there is not a man brave enough to even try and continue what Nolan has done
The last fist fight with Bane and Batman near the end of the film was insane, once Batman starts to damage Banes mask, Bane knows hes in trouble and throws fu*king Bombs in defense until Batman finally takes the dude down, was pretty awesome to see
Fav scene is when Gorden refuses to take the exile by walking on the ice, and scarecrow sentence's to "death....by exile"  made me lol  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 2:57pm
Bane was a BOSS.
I thought his voice was perfect for his character.
Yeah and Bane worked batman the first time. But them painkillers>

10/10
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 3:05pm
@ Rican and Phantaci and anyone else who comments please try and leave a rating out of 10 and what you liked most and didn't like most about the film. Thankyou

SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 3:37pm
I'm giving it a 8 out of 10.  But, I like B Begings more than TDK.  I will say TDKR was my favorite of the three.  Besides huge plot holes, I really enjoyed it.  I liked Bane more than Joker too.  TDK just had too many subpar actors that gave it a cheap feel. 
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 3:48pm
I didn't like the Bane/Talia twist.  Saying Bane was soo extreme the League of Shadows kicked him out, then when the reveal comes out it cheapens his character.  I didn't like that Blake of all people is first to figure out Batmang is Wayne.  Didn't like the CIA brought on board a plane 2 or 3 guys with bags over their heads.  Didn't like the GCPD sent 99.98% of the police force into the tunnels.  Didn't like no explination or closure to Banes death, and Batman didn't kill him.  Didn't like howWayne got back from a different (eastern asian) prison with no explination...after 5 months from a back injury, outa a stupidly designed prison.  Loved Bane, loved Ras aul Ghul's ghost return, loved Bats, loved Lucious, loved the ending.  Good trilogy ender to a good franchise.  Also, Nolans recycling of characters kinda cheapens the movie too, I was expecting Leo DiCap to show up...
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 5:12pm
leo would been da bomb yo :/
and i agree with the whole sending in damn near all the cops in the tunnel thing.. kinda a hurr durr thing to do but its w/e 
Watch in 720P....duh
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 5:23pm
@Rican  That scene, that last fight between Batman and Bane was actually my facourite scene. The intensity was amazing, I loved when Batman ducked, Bain hit the pillar, and then out of aggression he hits hit again. Also when Batman kicks Bane full force through the glass door, damn.
It was played perfectly, the suspense and intensity was so damn high there.

@ Phant, hell yeah his voice was amazing. (I took a 50 min drive in order to see the movie in English instead of stupid german sync.) At first it was a surprise, since his voice kinda sounds like an old man there, but I got adapted to it really quick and it was simply perfect.

Also one of my favourite scenes is when Bane enters the stadium. Already during the anthem, it was like "Damn, shi.ts about to go DOWN". But the whole scene in the stadium was genious.
And Banes speech in front of the prison was also amazing..

I'll give it a 9.4/10
Downsides where mainly what Lunchy said, I agree with the lack of closure to Banes death and the "99.98%" of all police force being sent into the tunnels ;o

Apart from that, it was perfect to me. One of the best movies I've seen in a long while.
I had really high expectations to it, and I was well satisfied by it.
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 5:31pm
Biggest LOL was when Bruce magically appeared in Gotham after escaping the prison.

Them fight scenes>

But like the comics Bane is the only one to ever, "brake the bat"

I was also mad the policeman who wimped out and finally grew balls would later die.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 5:41pm
9/10 for me
another LOL moment was when that dude was like "im in charge" to bane and bane gently puts his hand on the dudes shoulder and was like "...do u feel in charge??" 
Bane taking boss status to a whole nother level 
Watch in 720P....duh
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by puertoRICAN

9/10 for me
another LOL moment was when that dude was like "im in charge" to bane and bane gently puts his hand on the dudes shoulder and was like "...do u feel in charge??" 
Bane taking boss status to a whole nother level 

hahaha True dat :P
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by -DaGoN-

@Rican  That scene, that last fight between Batman and Bane was actually my facourite scene. The intensity was amazing, I loved when Batman ducked, Bain hit the pillar, and then out of aggression he hits hit again. Also when Batman kicks Bane full force through the glass door, damn.
It was played perfectly, the suspense and intensity was so damn high there.     I'll give it a 9.4/10
Downsides where mainly what Lunchy said, I agree with the lack of closure to Banes death and the "99.98%" of all police force being sent into the tunnels
They say 68.35% of all percentages are made up.     ;)
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 5:54pm
Also, if they cut about 35 minutes of fat of the movie, it would have been better.  ORRR, it could have been 2 movies labled The Dark Knight Falls (Ends when Bane puts him in the hole, and The 4th film would have been TDKR, giving Bat time to heal, and for Blake to figure out Bat was Wayne, giving Gotham time to fall into chaos.   Hmmm, I might have something there.  Of course the two movies would have to be modified, extra actual Batman stuff.
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 5:55pm

One of the best scenes of all time ??
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 5:56pm
Yeah, one Year between Wayne in the hole in the movie, and in actual time.  So shortly after TDKF comes out on DVD, TDKR comes out in theaters.  Actually, I'm kinda bummed this isn't how it happened.
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by ColossusSlayer

One of the best scenes of all time ??
All I think of is the movie Gladiator, "Are you not entertained?"
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

Originally posted by -DaGoN-

It was played perfectly, the suspense and intensity was so damn high there.     I'll give it a 9.4/10
Downsides where mainly what Lunchy said, I agree with the lack of closure to Banes death and the "99.98%" of all police force being sent into the tunnels
They say 68.35% of all percentages are made up.     ;)
That's so made up

The point being that basically the entire police force was down there still stays the same, exaggerating percentages put aside.
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 6:03pm
But, I had less issues with TDKR than TDK.
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 7:35pm
Ive finally seen the film and id give it 9/10 for sheer entertainment. The action is superb - i really want a bat mobile lol - Bane is a great nemesis but Catwoman steals it for me she has the best lines. Is it better than TDK? For me no, the riddler was always my fave villian and Heath Ledger's performance > all. Anyway its pretty close, you dont get many sequels that deliver the quality of TDKR but its been a few years since i watched BB and I found myself trying to piece things together for a while.
I didnt like the jump scene to a prison in Asia and the escape to GC, it didnt make sense how he got there and back and in 23 days or whatever! The police force being trapped was lame but the charge against the anarchists (running with batans drawn against amoured vehicles and automatic weapons) were worse. Also not beating Bane on a 1 to 1 and him dying like that was poor too. Natasha's exit was weak she should have fought catwoman in a catfight perhaps.
In all its the best superhero franchise going imo and the themes of heroes vs villians, priviliged v underpriveliged of being fearless <  fearful of death is a better motivator for living was nicely played. Well worth seeing!
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
FehtalaTee View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 3:48am
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

I didn't like the Bane/Talia twist.  Saying Bane was soo extreme the League of Shadows kicked him out, then when the reveal comes out it cheapens his character.  I didn't like that Blake of all people is first to figure out Batmang is Wayne.  Didn't like the CIA brought on board a plane 2 or 3 guys with bags over their heads.  Didn't like the GCPD sent 99.98% of the police force into the tunnels.  Didn't like no explination or closure to Banes death, and Batman didn't kill him.  Didn't like howWayne got back from a different (eastern asian) prison with no explination...after 5 months from a back injury, outa a stupidly designed prison.  Loved Bane, loved Ras aul Ghul's ghost return, loved Bats, loved Lucious, loved the ending.  Good trilogy ender to a good franchise.  Also, Nolans recycling of characters kinda cheapens the movie too, I was expecting Leo DiCap to show up...
i was going to say EVERYTHING what you just said but a little more.

Where is the big tsunami that should have hit the city after the nuke exploded? And how in 15 sec did the bat wing fly away from the city? Come on? And I just HATE how they say “Robin” I was like really? They could have said d*** or his other names instead of his hero name. and how and the world did it take 7-8 years until his leg healed up but only took a few days so his back can be recovered ? but other than that it was a 8/10 I loved the movie Bane voice was off da chain.

Me and Penguins about to go HAAAAAM!!
FehtalaTee View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 3:50am
btw why do people hate on tdk? i LOVE that movie. it was my fav movie for a while until this year.
Me and Penguins about to go HAAAAAM!!
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 8:47am
THAT WAS THE THING I FORGOT!!!
I really was upset with the whole nuke not destroying the city even tho it could not have gone further then like 2, 3 miles tops, pretty upsetting!
Still an amazing film considering, following TDK is no easy task.
TDKR>The Avengers>The Amazing Spiderman    all really good movies tho 
Watch in 720P....duh
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 9:29am
When the USA was testing nukes in the ocean, you never heard of tsunamis killing people lol.
And lunchy, Are you not entertained? That scene is one of the most epic scenes ever.
I love Gladiator.

And still Bane's voice>

@trin... Technically batman beat Bane 1v1 after raping his mask. He would have finished him or let him go until his part time lover stabbed him.
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 3:05pm
This thread is epic spoiler alert. no jk.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
WaRHore View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaRHore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 8:15pm
I don't know if you guys ever read any of the Batman comics or know the history of the Character Robin. But to give you a little history. There have been now 4 characters that have been Batman's sidekick. And I think the movie did a good job of combining the 3 of them to make a their own version. The first being d*** Grayson who most people are familiar with. He was Robin I believe until the early early 80's. And was fired when he was shot by the Joker and soon let go by Bats because he felt he could not put a child's life in danger any longer. Now at this point he had also been a member of the Teen Titans were he then became the leader and eventually became Night Wing. Then he eventually moved to his own City BludHaven and even became a cop...Thats were the movie got the idea to make their version a Police officer. The second was Jason Todd a orphan growing up on the streets of Gotham in the area of crime alley. One of his origin stories even had Batman find him lifting tires off the Batmobile. Bats takes a liking to him after a few run ins as Batman and Bruce Wayne. After learning the boy's parents were murdered similar to his own. Bruce Wayne takes him as his ward and makes him Robin after he discovers he's Batman. Now I'm not sure how long this character was around but I know he was murdered by the Joker in the late 80's because he was reckless. And his death was actually decided by the fans in the series " Death in the family" And I believe the results were lop sided. Now the third Robin is very close to the character in the movie because he too figured out who Batman was. Tm Drake was a young rich kid who was a huge fan of Batman and Robin and actually witnessed  the event were d***'s Parents were killed at the circus. So after years and years of doing his own detective work he confronts Bruce Wayne with his discovery and actually saves his life. At first Batman did not want a new sidekick especially after Jayson's death who he eventually adopted before he died. But after Tim's parents are in a plane crash the death of his mother at the hands of some Voodoo villian. Batman decides to send him off to train with a group similar to the League of Shadows. As far as the fourth goes I just know some how he is the son of Bruce Wayne and Talia Algule..Thius must have been after I stopped reading...Sorry for the Fanboy geek session...Just wanted to point out the amalgamation of three of the comic characters made up the movie version Blake. Who I thought made sense because of Nolan's way of making the series believable.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>