FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone else getting a Wii U?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone else getting a Wii U?
    Posted: 28 Sep 2012 at 3:18pm
I preordered mine a little while ago, got the deluxe bundle. Anyone else think this console is going to be amazing? I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the N64 and when I started reading about the Wii U I got excited. I need a change, sick and tired of seeing nothing but military shooters and cheesy GTA style games. Nintendo exclusives are always highly rated and they are so much different then PS and Xbox exclusives. Can you imagine how bad ass a new metroid or a new star fox would be in HD??
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2012 at 4:18pm
It won't be good until they make a new Zelda game and a proper Zelda game eg like OOT, Majora's Mask or Twilight princess. Plus I think its to expensive, don't get me wrong it looks good but Nintendo never used to be about fancy consoles and controllers, they used to be about making a simple console with 100 % AAA+ games which they seem to be lacking these days.

there are only a hand full of good games on the Wii and I fear the Wii U will follow the same suit but hey I would love them to prove me wrong coz although my faith in Nintendo has been shook over the past 6 years they are still great devolopers sometimes but lets be honest they are not what they used to be and very very likely never will be.

Everything I just said is debatable but anyone who knows anything about gaming cannot deny that it meakes sense.

Ocarina of Time >>>>>>>> any game Nintendo will ever make
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2012 at 4:20pm
p.s yes I will buy one when a new Zelda game comes out. You guys can skip all the Zelda jokes I know I'm a Zelda geek lol
env_1ner View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote env_1ner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2012 at 6:19pm
Zelda and supermetroid for me
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2012 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by TuNA FISh

I preordered mine a little while ago, got the deluxe bundle. Anyone else think this console is going to be amazing? I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the N64 and when I started reading about the Wii U I got excited. I need a change, sick and tired of seeing nothing but military shooters and cheesy GTA style games. Nintendo exclusives are always highly rated and they are so much different then PS and Xbox exclusives. Can you imagine how bad ass a new metroid or a new star fox would be in HD??

I agree with this.

A next chapter in the Metroid Prime series would be amazing.

Metroid Prime 1 was one of the best games ever with the most amazing enviroments.
A next chapter on 3 would be >>>>

Also, a new Zelda like Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask would be fantastic.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 1:43am
This might as well be asking who is getting herpes next week.

Lol jk, if they release another mario like sunshine and a good fps I'm down.
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 4:38am
@cs
The $300 price tag is super cheap for a new console. When the ps3 launched it had a $600 tag, imagine what the 720 and ps4 will cost. Plus with the Wii U you get a tablet. We're talking about something that would cost hundreds easily if Sony or Microsoft made it and you get one with the console. Yes it's not a tablet like the iPad but it's still a tablet that looks cool as hell ha. Nintendo is smart because it's looking like they are also anticipating the inevitable rise of tablet gaming and The wii u will still be cheaper compared to what an iPad will cost in a year. These are the things I thought of when I was deciding whether to preorder lol. I think people are spoiled when it comes to game consoles. I still can't believe that people aren't in an uproar about paying for Xbox live lol and still not having any dedicated servers. Youre just paying for a friends list and party chat. Nintendo is doing the online for the wii u like Sony does for the ps3. It's free but if you want discounts and a little more features you have to pay.

Oh yeah, metroid will be the ****. I actually read that the metroid team is currently developing a new engine specifically for Wii U games so they will probably showcase a new metroid with the engine. I hope

The upcoming super smash will be great. It's being made by the tekken and soul caliber teams so you can expect it to be the best in the series.

@phant
The Mario game launching with the Wii U is going to be fun but it's not a 3d open world kind of thing like what you're talking about. You know they will come out with a new 3d Mario soon though and metroid will be the fps you're looking for, I just hope they announce a new one after launch

- Best Coast

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 4:48am
Oh yeah cs, I forgot you are eu. The wii u will be like 500 for you guys, right? I love being American and getting all the cool **** for cheap lol. It's like Bangkok but safer. And I agree with you, ocarina of time is one of the best games ever made
- Best Coast

ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 9:43am
How much will the Wii U cost?
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 10:28am
Originally posted by ax412

This might as well be asking who is getting herpes next week.

Lol jk, if they release another mario like sunshine and a good fps I'm down.

LOL MARIO SUNSHINE >>>

"I am F.L.U.D.D. The Flash Liquidizer Ultra Dousing Device"
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 7:37pm

$300 for the standard which just comes with an 8 GB Wii U and a game pad
$349.99 for the deluxe bundle which comes with a 32 GB Wii U, game pad, charging dock, stands, and Nintendo Land. So deluxe is definitely the best option since you get a game and 5 times the storage space

Also nintendo is releasing the Wii U pro controller for us hardcore gamers ha.
- Best Coast

ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 9:44pm
Tell me more about this tablet.
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 11:19pm

It's a tablet controller. It comes with the Wii U, and it acts as a second screen when you play games.
I would post more pics and info but I'm on my phone
- Best Coast

ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 11:59pm

It's a tablet controller. It comes with the Wii U, and it acts as a second screen when you play games.
Does it serve use when away from the Wii U itself?
Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 12:17am
imo I don't see myself paying 300$+ for a system with a bunch of games that are essentially remakes of games I already have on my Wii, both discs and virtual console, even though Nintendo classics/series>

also side-scrolling Mario in HD is kinda pointless
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 12:20am

Does it serve use when away from the Wii U itself?

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing you'll have to be within a certain distance from the Wii U but I may be wrong. It really is cool when you play games because instead of pausing the game to switch weapon, look at a map, etc you just look at the game pad. I know you can play games on the game pad itself while someone is watching the tv, you can also surf the web and get on Netflix while someone is watching tv and you can use it as a tv remote ha.
- Best Coast

Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 8:19am

$349.99 for the deluxe bundle which comes with a 32 GB Wii U, game pad, charging dock, stands, and Nintendo Land. So deluxe is definitely the best option since you get a game and 5 times the storage space

That's a ripoff. Everyone is speculating a $300-$350 PS4 and 720. Especially since Sony is ditching the Cell going with an off the shelf video solution. Sony and Microsoft are going with Bluray, which is fairly inexpensive now that it is mainstream, which will significantly drive down the cost. If the industry is correct, Nintendo has a major problem on their hands. Nintendo has always been known for coming in at a good price point. $300-$350 for a max of 32GB ain't gonna cut it. Especially since the ipad is only slightly more expensive than this thing.
iTz-He4DSh0T View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote iTz-He4DSh0T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 9:24am

Oh yeah cs, I forgot you are eu. The wii u will be like 500 for you guys, right? I love being American and getting all the cool **** for cheap lol. It's like Bangkok but safer. And I agree with you, ocarina of time is one of the best games ever made

The 32GB Wii U is £300 in the UK not £500 ^^ lol

£248 for the 8GB Version, The Wii U can also use External Hard Drives as storage for games :)
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 9:46am
Originally posted by iTz-He4DSh0T

The 32GB Wii U is £300 in the UK not £500 ^^ lol

£248 for the 8GB Version, The Wii U can also use External Hard Drives as storage for games :)
300 £ = 485 $, so actually Tuna took a good guess haha
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 12:02pm
wii is for kids that want to swing their arm, and jump around their living room pretending their a Jedi :)
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by SIZZLE

wii is for kids that want to swing their arm, and jump around their living room pretending their a Jedi :)
Who doesn't want to be a Jedi ?!
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Pinnacle

That's a ripoff. Everyone is speculating a $300-$350 PS4 and 720. Especially since Sony is ditching the Cell going with an off the shelf video solution. Sony and Microsoft are going with Bluray, which is fairly inexpensive now that it is mainstream, which will significantly drive down the cost. If the industry is correct, Nintendo has a major problem on their hands. Nintendo has always been known for coming in at a good price point. $300-$350 for a max of 32GB ain't gonna cut it. Especially since the ipad is only slightly more expensive than this thing.

Lol how is it a rip off?? You get a tablet, and a console for $300-$350.. Microsoft is trying to compete by claiming tablet support for the 720 but you have to buy the Microsoft tablet, and not to mention you might as well go out and buy a 3d tv while you're at it because 3d support is going to be a big thing with the 720 and ps4 and we might as well anticipate a $70 price tag on new games. So if they can sell a next gen console for that cheap, why the hell are people buying them for $250-300 when they can get a brand new console that can run UE4 for $50 bucks more? But hey, you might be right, but I know that I can't afford all the stuff I would need to buy to really make it next gen so I'll pass for right now but I'm sure I'll pick one of the two up eventually. I still think the Wii U is going to surprise a lot of people and I think the Wii U will sell better in the long run. Just wait till they announce the next Zelda, Star Fox, Metroid Prime, and Mario Galaxy.

- Best Coast

YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Pinnacle

Sorry bud but I don't think you get how smart Nintendo's strategy is

1) Bring out a console with new gimmicks for 50-100 dollars more than the current gen consoles, early adopters will buy it and have an orgasm when they see Samus in HD

2) The new PS4 and Xbox 720 comes out, Nintendo can now lower the price of the Wii U further and grab onto the laggards, not to mention the game library will be more established by then.

3) Nintendo is a family first console, The world reproduces at an incredible rate and when you need to get away from your kids and you do not want them seeing violence or sex, they will opt for good ol' Mario and his pals which are staples in the Rated E for everyone department

Nintendo = Console version of Disney nuff said

this is all speculation but look at how well the Wii did with sub par hardware.

ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 8:16pm
I'm really looking into getting this thing. But I might save my money for transfer apps. Idk yet.
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 2:06am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>