FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

States secession

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: States secession
    Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by nerds_is_war

our beer has higher alcahol content to compensate for the cold weatherSmile

Yup, its true our beer is legit, hell even our light beer is better e.g Steam Whistle ;)

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 6:03pm
Dang how much more? In Alabama I have seen beers with like 12% ever since they started allowing more alcohol in beers a few years ago. They had a slogan "Free the hops" or something
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 12:38am
I think one of our best beers is Fin Du Monde ("End of the World") and it is 9%, I think what this means is that in general all our beers are higher in ABV , but even in america you can find a 25% beer but believe me it will cost you alot per bottle.

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 4:40am
Yeah that's what I mean, high gravity beer. I am not a big fan of some high gravity beers just because of the taste but I'm sure I would if I drank it more often ha. Shiner Bock, Heineken, Stella Artois are good. I even like Pabst Blue ribbon lol PBR. Do they sell Pabst in Canada?
- Best Coast

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 5:07am
Originally posted by warfare

Tunafish,

There are plenty of things it would be nice to have.  The question is - Who should pay for it?  I might sound like a broken record but, there is no question that the US Constitution lays out pretty clearly the responsibilities of the federal gov't. There is also no question that over the last hundred years the feds have expanded their role in our, and the world's lives, way past their mandate.

If individual states want to raise taxes to pay for an extra two years of free college then good for them.  If Massachusetts decides they want mandatory health insurance for the people of their state, then good for them. Same goes for a whole host of issues...most of what concerns the people of this country should be decided at the state, county and city level - NOT at the federal level. 

The size of the federal gov't should be cut in half.  Just a FEW examples: 

Why the heck do we still have military bases all over Europe?  Since WWII our being over there enables European gov'ts to get away with spending practically nothing for their own defense. 

Why the hell do we pay billions in foreign aid?  We're NOT the freakin' United Nations and we have no business trying to police the world. If countrys around the world don't know how to govern themselves then that is THEIR problem.    All it does is enable corrupt regimes to stay in power. 

These secession petitions probably won't come to anything.  However,  they ARE an indication that more and more people are starting to wake up and realize that we have been slowly getting further away from our founding principles.  Scoff if you will, but don't doubt for one minute that there are people in this country who take  these issues VERY seriously.

Well, I don't know how they will pay for it that's what they need to figure out ha. You're right, a smaller government would be nice in some ways but really suck in other ways
- Best Coast

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 5:09am
For instance, it's obvious that the founding fathers couldn't have predicted social networking and a world soon to be over populated
- Best Coast

YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by TuNA FISh

For instance, it's obvious that the founding fathers couldn't have predicted social networking and a world soon to be over populated

I dont agree with this statement.

1) Networking has been around forever, who you know how you interact with them and its relation to status in society and power. Just because we do it with technology (e.g facebook) doesn't mean networking was not around.

2) If you have sex you are going to have babies. The founding fathers of your country would be total idiots to think after colonizing that a space would not get filled up eventually.

JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by YINYANG

1) Networking has been around forever, who you know how you interact with them and its relation to status in society and power. Just because we do it with technology (e.g facebook) doesn't mean networking was not around.

2) If you have sex you are going to have babies. The founding fathers of your country would be total idiots to think after colonizing that a space would not get filled up eventually.

good points... except I got disgusted from looking at your avatar.

Stairs... womens worst enemy
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 12:00am
Originally posted by JPINATOR

all their doing is racing

chisox666 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote chisox666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2012 at 3:02am

I think you're taking Tuna's statement a little too literally. Networking has been around since the dawn of man. Human beings are social animals. We all know that.  

Keeping that in mind, there is no way in hell Ben Franklin sat back in his rocking chair while puffing on a tobacco filled pipe, envisioning 16 year old girls (over 200+ years away) spending all day on a computer application (known as Facebook) talking/socializing with their friends.

On the second disagreement you have a valid point because it's easy to think that if people f*ck like rabbits, population growth will be positive. But the founding fathers didn't have access to the statistics that we have today. They did though, know of the Black Death, which caused negative population growth (in Europe at least) some centuries back.

India and China (Tuna did refer to the world pop, not US) have 35% of the world's population. They are also halfway around the globe and a long, long boat-ride away.  The founding fathers had their hands full building a nation. A mostly empty nation, except for all the Indians being ****d, killed, and forced to relocate. I highly doubt social networking (Facebook) and overpopulation (what we know of it today) were on their mind. Beating those damn British, inking the constitution, and taking advantage of slave labor was on their mind though.  

And the idea of overpopulation is highly subjective as well. What one might think of as too crowded, another might think of as comfy. I would never live in Chicago. Too damn crowded. I'm a suburbs kind of guy. I like my space. And the son of cattle rancher from Nebraska would call me nuts for thinking that my suburban home is spacious.

Interesting read on overpopulation.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overpopulation Lots of differing opinions.

get fragged

Misery Index - Heirs To Thievery
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2012 at 1:13pm

Originally posted by JPINATOR

all their doing is racing
I declare the contestant on the left the winner!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234