Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Fists of Fury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Another shooting..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another shooting..
    Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by RpZ-Xot1Cz

Originally posted by Sephiroth_V7

Originally posted by JPINATOR

settle down seph, no one mentioned a gun ban.. lol don't know where you read that, unless you're saying that in general then uh yeah.. I agree.

Seriously??? Cuz uh....

Originally posted by phhiLLN

Guns will never be banned. Given 300+ million people, there will be mentally insane people in the bunch. The sad truth is you just have to hope a disaster like this doesn't happen to you, your family, led alone again at all. As it nears 12-21, I fear that there will be more disasters. :(

Originally posted by Deadaim

banning guns is fkn retarded. they can't ban previously bought guns.. and all the crazy people already own guns.. and all the criminals don't give a f*** if they are banned.

banning guns would only affect a law abiding citizen like myself.. that likes having glock 19s and sig m400's for home protection and target shooting.
Sick of "gun ban" being the first thing out of ppls mouths everytime a shooting happens. Ppl need to understand it wont solve sh1t and the more important thing out there is that 20 elementary students are not home with their parents tonight. Send prayers, not false solutions for the future.

These arn't the "Fvcking idiots" i speak of though, i was talking about everyone else in america like most news crews. Prolly should word that better so i dont have an angry controller mob after my ass :S

I think it will. I mean it would be easier in general to defend myself having someone attack me with a knife than a gun. The point is,  the people of Colorado wouldve been less wounded if the person had a knife rather than a gun. Same theory applies to the school... BAN GUNS. FKIN SOME CRAZY ASS LIVES IN AMERICA

You are stupid as f­uck. 

ITS A GOOD THING COCAINE IS ILLEGAL CAUSE YOU KNOW, THAT TOTALLY IS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND.
Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by drdeath2point0

Prayer does work.. End of discussion
nope
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 7:39pm

I think it will. I mean it would be easier in general to defend myself having someone attack me with a knife than a gun. The point is,  the people of Colorado wouldve been less wounded if the person had a knife rather than a gun. Same theory applies to the school... BAN GUNS. FKIN SOME CRAZY ASS LIVES IN AMERICA

Who is this guy?
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 7:47pm
discussing how to make things better is a good thing... ignoring a problem doesn't help the problem... sending our prayers is a good thing... it shows we have compassion and that we care... sometimes a few kind words can make someone feel a little bit better... we joke with eachother on here about ut3 skill, but i don't think anyone on here is without compassion   
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
drdeath2point0 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote drdeath2point0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Phenethylamine

Prayer does work.. End of discussion

nope

Would you like me to TESTIFY brother pw1n!! You need faith. Next time a hurricane is headed your way ill send a prayer for you with it;)
drdeath2point0
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 8:45pm
Prayer>
I won a duel tourny due to it ;)
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 8:50pm

Wow guns aren't the problem. All of these shootings didn't occur until "they" took GOD out of your school systems. I used to pray every mornin in school until the 5th grade then someone decided it hurt someone else's feelings. Prayer does work.. End of discussion

you can still pray in school, by law no one can tell u not to pray as long as it isnt disrupting the class, the only thing that was taken out was school led group prayer and if its reinstated thn prayers from all religions represented in the class rooms will hv to be performed which means everybody & their mother will b up in arms complaining they dont want their kids hearing other prayers etc.

how did prayer work when unarmed students at Kent State were gunned down during a peaceful protest of the Vietnam War? they were shot for hoping to save human lives.

why didnt prayer work in 1927 in Bath township of Michigan when the school was bombed & 45 people died?

why didn't prayer work for decades in the HEAVILY religious south when black & white citizens including women & children were abused & lynched?

dont get me wrong i applaud ur dedication to ur faith but what u said is just a blatant misinterpretation of reality
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 9:21pm
Religion is the key word. Even to the untrained eye, we can see that the average American Christian contradicts the New Testament on a daily basis lol. 
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 9:23pm
prayer and helping eachother through hard times are good things TX... being there for eachother helps everyone
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote drdeath2point0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 9:24pm
I was just saying how it wasn't as common as a problem. Now it's once a month there's a school massacre, and it's a shame. But don't tell me that prayer doesn't work, when I know for myself that it does. I am blessed;)
drdeath2point0
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 9:36pm
@syz...i know & i wasnt saying otherwise

@Dr...the early decades of the 1900's were just as, if not more bloody thn the last few decades. BUT my point was that u specifically blamed the cause of all this on the removal of god from schools, when it is not. im not telling u prayer doesn't work at all, and its great that for u it does. im not debating religion here, just pointing out that ur thinking here is very flawed and not based in reality.
Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 9:44pm
I've never said a prayer and I've never shot anyone.

lol ignoring theres thousands of other things different in the world today than in the past that can influence a shooting besides taking prayers out of schools.

Originally posted by JPINATOR

Who is this guy?

LOL
phhiLLN View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote phhiLLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 11:33pm
I dont agree in prayers, or praying for somebody else with do any good... But I think it's very important to have faith (however you interpret that) in yourself/others.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote drdeath2point0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 12:06am
It's whatever.
drdeath2point0
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 10:18am

Wow guns aren't the problem. All of these shootings didn't occur until "they" took GOD out of your school systems. I used to pray every mornin in school until the 5th grade then someone decided it hurt someone else's feelings. Prayer does work.. End of discussion
I agree. Even a non believer like myself can see that religion serves a purpose in society. It helps maintain a level of self control.
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 11:10am
Originally posted by BAIN

I agree. Even a non believer like myself can see that religion serves a purpose in society. It helps maintain a level of self control.

Completely agree

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 11:56am
I'm sorry, but in my opinion (!), that is just absolute bullsh.it, I actually laughed out loud when I read that Dr.D, no offense though :P
Praying with the whole class, every morning, doesn't stop the average lunatic from shooting kids.. It never has done that before, it's absolutely stupid to think THAT'S the cause for it IMO.
Hey, here in Germany, religion is kept out of school for a really long while now, no prayers, just voluntary religion classes (you have to choose between that, which is divided into catholic/protestant, or a sort of Philosophy/Ethics class).. guns are NOT easily allowed here...and our "massacre" rate is lower, even proportionally, considering the amount of citizens.

The "right to bear arms" does make it easier, though it's not the cause. You wanna know why there's an progressive increase in these massacres ? Cause the more happen, the more people in desperate/extreme situations find out about them, some very few might think that's an option for their problem, might get "inspired".. making someone (who might not believe in God) pray every moring won't change sh.it about the nutheads going crazy :P

Originally posted by ax412

Prayer Skill >
You know, you are allowed to say the truth, give yourself the credit haha :P
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 11:58am
Originally posted by -DaGoN-

I'm sorry, but in my opinion (!), that is just absolute bullsh.it, I actually laughed out loud when I read that Dr.D, no offense though :P
Praying with the whole class, every morning, doesn't stop the average lunatic from shooting kids.. It never has done that before, it's absolutely stupid to think THAT'S the cause for it IMO.
Hey, here in Germany, religion is kept out of school for a really long while now, no prayers, just voluntary religion classes (you have to choose between that, which is divided into catholic/protestant, or a sort of Philosophy/Ethics class).. guns are NOT easily allowed here...and our "massacre" rate is lower, even proportionally, considering the amount of citizens.

The "right to bear arms" does make it easier, though it's not the cause. You wanna know why there's an progressive increase in these massacres ? Cause the more happen, the more people in desperate/extreme situations find out about them, some very few might think that's an option for their problem, might get "inspired".. making someone (who might not believe in God) pray every moring won't change sh.it about the nutheads going crazy :P

Originally posted by ax412

Prayer Skill >
You know, you are allowed to say the truth, give yourself the credit haha :P
I gave credit where credit was/is due.
I haven't played with that sense of peace or focus in a long time.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote drdeath2point0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 3:17pm
Dagon we grew up in a different time in history my friend. My country was founded on GOD. Yours wasn't. So my values differ from yours as well as most of the people on this site.
drdeath2point0
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 3:33pm

same level of self control can be instilled by good parenting - which is lacking these days
THE_KING_ETERNAL View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote THE_KING_ETERNAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 4:13pm
Didn't the dude have an assault rifle? No one should be allowed to purchase those type of weapons exceptthe military and police. Why would a regular person even need a weapon like that .
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by TX2k7

same level of self control can be instilled by good parenting - which is lacking these days
This is exactly what I think to be the actual problem..

DrD, I get your point, and it is true, but that doesn't make the missing presence of God in schools, such as morning prayers, responsible for lunatics like this guy, that might have gone through some horrible things themselves, making them become what they ended as..

Everyone deserves a good and healthy childhood, but you can't stuff religion down peoples throat.
I do agree that Faith gives any truely religious person a fairly constant level of self-control, yes I can imagine, but that doesn't mean that people who don't believe in God, don't have that same level
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by THE_KING_ETERNAL

Didn't the dude have an assault rifle? No one should be allowed to purchase those type of weapons exceptthe military and police. Why would a regular person even need a weapon like that .
I said the same thing earlier when watching the news, even though we have strict gun laws here I wouldn't expect the US to do the same, but why, why would you need any semi-automatic or full-automatic weapon ?
If you just keep your simple handguns legal, isn't that enough to "protect your family and your house" ?
You don't need a weapon capable of killing hundres of persons within a few minutes to do that, I don't get it at all..

I know stricter laws wouldn't eliminate the problem, but it helps containing it at least..
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 4:40pm
Regular people need weapons, when they've become fed up with the BS/corruption of their gov't and decide to end it.
See America 1770s and every other revolution that followed thereafter.
THE_KING_ETERNAL View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote THE_KING_ETERNAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 4:50pm
I agree regular people should have guns just not assault rifles.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>