The Last Of Us

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Last Of Us
    Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by ColossusSlayer

(SPOILERS)

-
-
-
-

Well yeah I guess that makes sense but even though I agree with what your saying it still could have been a better ending, if they do a sequel for PS4 I will be OK with the ending. A part of me kinda did want a cliche ending even though I usually hate them, I just felt so bad for Joel seen as he had been to hell and back 10 times over and then he finally found a reason to keep going that been Ellie which is one of the most amazing and emotional bonds between two people I have ever witnessed in a film or a game. I think Joel and Ellie had been through so much pain and despair that they would have deserved a happy ending to be honest, the stuff they went through would be enough to make you kill yourself but that's why The Last of Us is so brilliant because the core of the story is the bond between Joel and Ellie and how they would do anything for each other.

I think what I'm trying to say is I wanted a bit more from the end, it left me a bit un satisfied but over all the game is a complete master piece and easily the best game on PS3.

I had a go on MP last night and rather enjoyed it, will continue to play it and try and get a bit better seen as I was going like 4-3 in that S&D type mode.

Yeah, I even told myself before I finished the game that I wouldn't be to disappointed if it was a cliche ending, just wanted something I couldn't predict. The only thing I probably would have changed was Joel telling Ellie the truth about taking her and killing Marlene. 

I really enjoyed seeing Joel and Ellie's relationship grow. Ellie overall is probably one of my favorite characters of all time.
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Darkn3ss

I'm planning on getting this. How do you yalll experience Multiplayer, and how are connections on Multiplayer though ?
I remember being siked for BO2, then got it, and got kicked every game for no fn reason.

I have had no lag at all, its like playing offline
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 10:07am
I'm planning on getting this. How do you yalll experience Multiplayer, and how are connections on Multiplayer though ?
I remember being siked for BO2, then got it, and got kicked every game for no fn reason.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 6:01am
Originally posted by Phenethylamine

Just completed it, such a pleasure to play through this game. One of the best games for a long time but what's with the ending ... I was like errm is this a joke. Overall very very good but bad ending.

The locations were so nice, the cinematography and the music were just great.

(SPOILERS)

-
-
-
-

My favorite part was probs the University to the end of winter.

I was actually somewhat happy with the ending. I didn't want a cliche stereotypical ending where they take some of Ellie's blood and they make a vaccine and everyone is cured and happily ever after. I think the death of Ellie or Joel would've even been somewhat expected. I think we got a realistic ending. Also I think Ellie knew Joel was lying.....which made her question him at the very end, but she just accepts it. I doubt she'd see herself drugged in the back seat of a car in a hospital gown and not suspect something. Probs an easy setup for a sequel as well. 

Well yeah I guess that makes sense but even though I agree with what your saying it still could have been a better ending, if they do a sequel for PS4 I will be OK with the ending. A part of me kinda did want a cliche ending even though I usually hate them, I just felt so bad for Joel seen as he had been to hell and back 10 times over and then he finally found a reason to keep going that been Ellie which is one of the most amazing and emotional bonds between two people I have ever witnessed in a film or a game. I think Joel and Ellie had been through so much pain and despair that they would have deserved a happy ending to be honest, the stuff they went through would be enough to make you kill yourself but that's why The Last of Us is so brilliant because the core of the story is the bond between Joel and Ellie and how they would do anything for each other.

I think what I'm trying to say is I wanted a bit more from the end, it left me a bit un satisfied but over all the game is a complete master piece and easily the best game on PS3.

I had a go on MP last night and rather enjoyed it, will continue to play it and try and get a bit better seen as I was going like 4-3 in that S&D type mode.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 1:26am

Just completed it, such a pleasure to play through this game. One of the best games for a long time but what's with the ending ... I was like errm is this a joke. Overall very very good but bad ending.

The locations were so nice, the cinematography and the music were just great.

(SPOILERS)

-
-
-
-

My favorite part was probs the University to the end of winter.

I was actually somewhat happy with the ending. I didn't want a cliche stereotypical ending where they take some of Ellie's blood and they make a vaccine and everyone is cured and happily ever after. I think the death of Ellie or Joel would've even been somewhat expected. I think we got a realistic ending. Also I think Ellie knew Joel was lying.....which made her question him at the very end, but she just accepts it. I doubt she'd see herself drugged in the back seat of a car in a hospital gown and not suspect something. Probs an easy setup for a sequel as well. 
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 8:16pm
Cloudy_Serendipity View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 7:43pm
I'm not liking that there's no online coop. I've heard the multiplayer is a little weak too. But it does look good.
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream

Map Hosting: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6luhe8b1pj52y/Cloudy's%20Files
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 4:07pm
such a good game holy ****
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12