Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The Last Of Us

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Last Of Us
    Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 4:07pm
such a good game holy ****
Cloudy_Serendipity View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 7:43pm
I'm not liking that there's no online coop. I've heard the multiplayer is a little weak too. But it does look good.
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream

Map Hosting: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6luhe8b1pj52y/Cloudy's%20Files
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 8:16pm
Just completed it, such a pleasure to play through this game. One of the best games for a long time but what's with the ending ... I was like errm is this a joke. Overall very very good but bad ending.
Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 1:26am
Originally posted by ColossusSlayer

Just completed it, such a pleasure to play through this game. One of the best games for a long time but what's with the ending ... I was like errm is this a joke. Overall very very good but bad ending.

The locations were so nice, the cinematography and the music were just great.

(SPOILERS)

-
-
-
-

My favorite part was probs the University to the end of winter.

I was actually somewhat happy with the ending. I didn't want a cliche stereotypical ending where they take some of Ellie's blood and they make a vaccine and everyone is cured and happily ever after. I think the death of Ellie or Joel would've even been somewhat expected. I think we got a realistic ending. Also I think Ellie knew Joel was lying.....which made her question him at the very end, but she just accepts it. I doubt she'd see herself drugged in the back seat of a car in a hospital gown and not suspect something. Probs an easy setup for a sequel as well. 
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 6:01am
Originally posted by Phenethylamine

The locations were so nice, the cinematography and the music were just great.

(SPOILERS)

-
-
-
-

My favorite part was probs the University to the end of winter.

I was actually somewhat happy with the ending. I didn't want a cliche stereotypical ending where they take some of Ellie's blood and they make a vaccine and everyone is cured and happily ever after. I think the death of Ellie or Joel would've even been somewhat expected. I think we got a realistic ending. Also I think Ellie knew Joel was lying.....which made her question him at the very end, but she just accepts it. I doubt she'd see herself drugged in the back seat of a car in a hospital gown and not suspect something. Probs an easy setup for a sequel as well. 

Well yeah I guess that makes sense but even though I agree with what your saying it still could have been a better ending, if they do a sequel for PS4 I will be OK with the ending. A part of me kinda did want a cliche ending even though I usually hate them, I just felt so bad for Joel seen as he had been to hell and back 10 times over and then he finally found a reason to keep going that been Ellie which is one of the most amazing and emotional bonds between two people I have ever witnessed in a film or a game. I think Joel and Ellie had been through so much pain and despair that they would have deserved a happy ending to be honest, the stuff they went through would be enough to make you kill yourself but that's why The Last of Us is so brilliant because the core of the story is the bond between Joel and Ellie and how they would do anything for each other.

I think what I'm trying to say is I wanted a bit more from the end, it left me a bit un satisfied but over all the game is a complete master piece and easily the best game on PS3.

I had a go on MP last night and rather enjoyed it, will continue to play it and try and get a bit better seen as I was going like 4-3 in that S&D type mode.
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 10:07am
I'm planning on getting this. How do you yalll experience Multiplayer, and how are connections on Multiplayer though ?
I remember being siked for BO2, then got it, and got kicked every game for no fn reason.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Darkn3ss

I'm planning on getting this. How do you yalll experience Multiplayer, and how are connections on Multiplayer though ?
I remember being siked for BO2, then got it, and got kicked every game for no fn reason.

I have had no lag at all, its like playing offline
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 1:45pm

(SPOILERS)

-
-
-
-

Well yeah I guess that makes sense but even though I agree with what your saying it still could have been a better ending, if they do a sequel for PS4 I will be OK with the ending. A part of me kinda did want a cliche ending even though I usually hate them, I just felt so bad for Joel seen as he had been to hell and back 10 times over and then he finally found a reason to keep going that been Ellie which is one of the most amazing and emotional bonds between two people I have ever witnessed in a film or a game. I think Joel and Ellie had been through so much pain and despair that they would have deserved a happy ending to be honest, the stuff they went through would be enough to make you kill yourself but that's why The Last of Us is so brilliant because the core of the story is the bond between Joel and Ellie and how they would do anything for each other.

I think what I'm trying to say is I wanted a bit more from the end, it left me a bit un satisfied but over all the game is a complete master piece and easily the best game on PS3.

I had a go on MP last night and rather enjoyed it, will continue to play it and try and get a bit better seen as I was going like 4-3 in that S&D type mode.

Yeah, I even told myself before I finished the game that I wouldn't be to disappointed if it was a cliche ending, just wanted something I couldn't predict. The only thing I probably would have changed was Joel telling Ellie the truth about taking her and killing Marlene. 

I really enjoyed seeing Joel and Ellie's relationship grow. Ellie overall is probably one of my favorite characters of all time.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 1:48pm

Seemed fine for me when I played it. It's not a typical shooter though, they implemented the survivor aspect to it. Meaning you have limited ammo and can make stuff from finding supplies. 
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 5:00pm
So I've seen a lot of your comment bubbles about this game, is it like uncharted but without the guns?
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 6:15pm
Nah it's a survival horror game in a post-pandemic world. There's guns but its not a shoot em up zombie game where you can take on wave after wave of zombies. Sometimes you stealth, sometimes you shoot em up, sometimes you switch between both just depending on the situation.

It's more of an, "Ok, I have 7 bullets, and theres 3 enemies on the left, 5 on the right, and 1 in front of the door. How am I gonna do this?" I've heard people say the combat gets pretty repetitive, but it didn't for me.
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 8:11pm
Games that make you think, I like!
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:39am
Me too. It's making me think twice about this game.

Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Phenethylamine

Seemed fine for me when I played it. It's not a typical shooter though, they implemented the survivor aspect to it. Meaning you have limited ammo and can make stuff from finding supplies. 

Ah thats deffo a good aspect. Yeah I heard about the crafting option during battles as well. Nice elements.
Im wondering how weapon leveling works though, is it like permanent weapon leveling or can you only level/upgrade weapons in game, which reset back to zero after the game has ended? Liek Counter Strike or sum.
Imma get it, this stuff looks to good to not get.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
phhiLLN View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote phhiLLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2013 at 11:41am
So well made. Although I wanted a happier ending rather than doubting Joel and Ellie's firm relationship. Multiplayer needs a little work but I know naughty dog will improve.
And yes Ellie's role was played perfectly
Riff Raff - True Artist
i2ockyracoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote i2ockyracoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2013 at 12:31pm
The father dies at the end trying to save his daughter
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2013 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by phhiLLN

So well made. Although I wanted a happier ending rather than doubting Joel and Ellie's firm relationship. Multiplayer needs a little work but I know naughty dog will improve.
And yes Ellie's role was played perfectly

these 2 scenes are pure gold from ellie
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2013 at 7:34am
Games good, real good, but not a 100% masterpiece it's being touted as.  It plays similarly to Uncharted (of course), except you can't jump a 30 foot gap.  The combat is fun, like everyone said.  The story is somewhat threadbare outside of the main characters interactions and notes laying around.  For a good example oh how this game plays, think of the beginning of Uncharted 2, the museum area, is how it plays out.  I think you end up killing more people than you do 'zombies', however that's not the point, human nature when confronted with hardships, and which relationships are worth fighting for, is.  Multiplayer side is basically a cut and paste of UC3 multi, with the exception that you have 40% less health, and every 25 seconds you can see people through walls.  I've noticed from playing online, most games boil down to, 2 teams crouching; not moving, and the more patient team wins.  Soon as 1 person starts moving, other team will see them (through the walls) tag him, and the rest of the team converges on 'em.  I'm not too fond of the multi, but that's not the reason I bought the game.
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 1:04am
Game is really really good. Multiplayer is fn addicting.
Game needs more maps, more weapons with names :x, and better matchmaking loading time.
If Naughty Dog fixes that, game is A+
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
env_1ner View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote env_1ner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 11:27pm
So after playing it for a few hours the campaign is good, the mulitplayer is fun but mostly when your with a party. Playing solo is less fun but still good. Team mates are just retarded. The multiplayer is no cod or uncharted like everyone is comparing it to, the only uncharted in this game is the graphics. One thing for sure is that its really balanced. Its original, different than anything out there. Crafting things weapons, aid kits, bombs etc etc on the spot during the game. You have to use a lot of thinking and strategy. The only negative things i saw is the seeing through wall thing(it isnt really that OP like it sounds). If you have it or plan on getting it add me so we can party up.

Psn:env_1ner
FehtalaTee View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 8:39pm
hey guys, I think this game deserves a clan base thread. This game is so fun that I believe it will last a long time. If i can get some support from you guys that control this website and ppl who play this game( ex: penguins) I would like to start getting more people to this website. This will help build the community a little more and get clans active again like it use to be. It doesn't have to be just ut3. 

Who ever wants to help out add or pm me. SoCalm777( sorry my Feh acc is full) I might make a new acc because SoCalm777 is getting full as well. ill let you guys know.  
Me and Penguins about to go HAAAAAM!!
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 1:24am
All i can say us that last of us better not be region locked. I got defiance only to find i couldn't play with my usa friends. If last of us let's me down like that i swear I'll be on the lookout for a patio to bury some bodies under :(

FehtalaTee View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 2:09am
you ok Indigo, i play with players that live in the same state as you. :) 

Me and Penguins about to go HAAAAAM!!
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 1:52am
Same state? Awesome, my country was downgraded to a state o_O

I'm sure I'll see you in last of us soon enough.

SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 3:22am
Originally posted by Cloudy_Serendipity

Same state? Awesome, my country was downgraded to a state o_O

I'm sure I'll see you in last of us soon enough.

lmao
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>