FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

UT4 CTF Alpha Footage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UT4 CTF Alpha Footage
    Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 5:12pm
I know the PS4 uses x86 architecture so that's something.. still, not the same thing :D
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 6:31pm
PC is still technically superior in every way I can think of but its not what's best its what's best for you! Anyone not too excited about kb/m for UT then u could always try controller software to interface with your PC better like this one from Pinnacle
http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 9:38am
Lol, dont blame Sizzle. Not everybody's perception of gaming systems can be the as extended as even the actual technical details and components that they both have :') With all respect. 

To some people, a sink can do the same as a dishwasher lmao.
You can do your dishes in either.. lol you get me.

My opinion: I would not recommend playing UT4 with controller. 

Unless.. your name is Disco or Phantaci, you WILL have the high chance of getting wrecked by kb/m shooter experts if you are facing them using a controller. The hitbox design, actual aiming possibilites, and actual perhipheral usage (like weapon switching in UT3, Binding weapons to keys on PC instead of the one click weapon menu select) on console and the one used on pc are just so much different that it will impact you as a player in the end.

You know you have the skill, but you just get outplayed because of better hardware and adaptability. 
Stick to a console if were to be a console game, or learn to adapt to the peripherals needed to play the game properly on pc. :)

PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 9:49am
Originally posted by -DaGoN-

I know the PS4 uses x86 architecture so that's something.. still, not the same thing :D

Ahum, nope ;)

PS4 is x64 architecture. It has a x86-64 Quad Core AMD processor.. but x86-64 is a (imo, very unclear) alias for x64. In some terms its even noted as: x86_64, or AMD64. And its the 64-bit version of the x86 instruction set. 

Other explanation: x86 architecture is limited to have 4 GB of virtual address space. 
x64 architecture extends the vitual address space to even 256 TB of virtual adress space.
The PS4 has 8 GB GDDR5 memory build in. an x86 architecture would not allow it to process as much memory as it does atm.

:)

PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 10:03am
saying that they are pretty much the same thing is acually accurate... not everyone understands that though i guess lol i didn't say they were exactly the same thing... as far as video games are concerned they might as well be... point is its not very hard to adabt a pc game to console... they do it all the time :)   
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Darkn3ss

Ahum, nope ;)

PS4 is x64 architecture. It has a x86-64 Quad Core AMD processor.. but x86-64 is a (imo, very unclear) alias for x64. In some terms its even noted as: x86_64, or AMD64. And its the 64-bit version of the x86 instruction set. 

Other explanation: x86 architecture is limited to have 4 GB of virtual address space. 
x64 architecture extends the vitual address space to even 256 TB of virtual adress space.
The PS4 has 8 GB GDDR5 memory build in. an x86 architecture would not allow it to process as much memory as it does atm.

Forreal ? Cool, the more you know :) does make sense to me considering the address space

Seems to be a common misconception. I mean I never really read about the specs, I just read a thread where a guy said PS4 uses x86 and how that affects porting (didn't make a clear point there tho haha).
I would like to know more about porting ps4/pc games but I doubt I would really understand too much with my lack of video game programming experienceOuch
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 11:59am
Originally posted by SIZZLE

saying that they are pretty much the same thing is acually accurate... not everyone understands that though i guess lol i didn't say they were exactly the same thing... as far as video games are concerned they might as well be... point is its not very hard to adabt a pc game to console... they do it all the time :)   
Could you, by any chance, provide any actual arguments ? You just say things without bringing any points to back up your theory Confused 
I'm all ears and eager to learn about the topic, but say something that's actually useful please LOL
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 12:26pm

Ahum, nope ;)

Forreal ? Cool, the more you know :) does make sense to me considering the address space

Seems to be a common misconception. I mean I never really read about the specs, I just read a thread where a guy said PS4 uses x86 and how that affects porting (didn't make a clear point there tho haha).
I would like to know more about porting ps4/pc games but I doubt I would really understand too much with my lack of video game programming experienceOuch

Haha i know right :) I don't blame you.
The average gamer would say: "I'm glad it runs faster then the PS3" , without even knowing a true technical aspects aside for what the box or commercials told them regarding the technical specs: 
"It runs at better hardware then the PS3". 

Haha no ****.

Btw, I miss playing with you :(
Don't you have UT3 on PC?
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 12:31pm

Could you, by any chance, provide any actual arguments ? You just say things without bringing any points to back up your theory Confused 
I'm all ears and eager to learn about the topic, but say something that's actually useful please LOL

SIZZLE might be right. We ofcourse can't look into the minds of Epic. 
When its a huge success, they might actually do a port to console, who knows. Not ruling anything out.

I'm just gonna sum up what I posted about the 3 times earlier now in one Mark Twain quote:

"The lack of money is the root of all evil" 

In which ofcourse the evil here applies to not porting it to console :)
But point back to say: Who knows that Epic has a few tricks up their sleeve. (Or an untouched bank account with some stashes ready to be used for a FREE game ?!)

PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 1:27pm
Nah dude I thought about getting into UT3 on PC but atm I'm all into Counter Strike GO Approve
I would love some of those good old matches again tho
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 9:07am

sure Dagon... pc games come from fairys and console games come from wishing wells... throw a fairy into a wishing well and you get a multi platform game... i thought everyone knew this?

-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 9:17am

Thought so, old man

B-B-BucKetHe4D !
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 9:39am

When its a huge success, they might actually do a port to console, who knows. Not ruling anything out.

I'm just gonna sum up what I posted about the 3 times earlier now in one Mark Twain quote:

But point back to say: Who knows that Epic has a few tricks up their sleeve. (Or an untouched bank account with some stashes ready to be used for a FREE game ?!)

free game? its only really free if you never buy any of the extra downloadable content Darkness... DCU is free to download on ps3, but you will have to spend some money to get any extra content... so DCU/A FREE GAME makes them a ton of money on extra downloads... TX2K7 could probably tell you how much all the the extra content costs on DCU... it adds up quick... Epic could just sell ut4 for $60 on consoles, or make it a free download on consoles and sell extra content like DCU does... either way they will still make money off of it

Destiny might make people forget all about ut4 :(
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 9:51am

Thought so, old man

lol its not about how much me or you know Dagon... its about wether or not ut4 will be on consoles... i hope they bring it to consoles! there are people that i enjoy playing unreal with... it would be cool to start out on a new unreal with people that love the unreal series like i do
F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 6:05pm
I got worms, you inbreeders.
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 8:00pm
My condolences

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 8:19am

free game? its only really free if you never buy any of the extra downloadable content Darkness... DCU is free to download on ps3, but you will have to spend some money to get any extra content... so DCU/A FREE GAME makes them a ton of money on extra downloads... TX2K7 could probably tell you how much all the the extra content costs on DCU... it adds up quick... Epic could just sell ut4 for $60 on consoles, or make it a free download on consoles and sell extra content like DCU does... either way they will still make money off of it

Destiny might make people forget all about ut4 :(

As long as you can play for "free", without having to be forced to buy DLC to proceed with "free" play, its still a "free" game. Plus the difference is, that DCU DLC is not made by the community, but by the developers themselves. From what I've seen, the UT4 DLC is made by the community. Expect alot of stuff people will not buy because it does not add up to the game.

I haven't even got Destiny, but I don't see a UT4 before the end of 2015. 
So lots of time to forget about Destiny before UT4 drops anyhow ;p

PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 7:39am
you guys realize theirs a free to play UT remake coming out ala quakelive that is most likely PC only and their is UT4 coming out which is almost certain to be on all consoles and PC. they are two completely different games. 
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 8:14am
Still people saying UT4 will be on console.

Why does nobody read the facts? "Unreal Tournament 2015 is PC only"
Whatever is going to happen after that post is just a waiting game.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 1:02pm
Trust my boy Darkness, he knows what's what

or at least give some sources Wink
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Deadaim

you guys realize theirs a free to play UT remake coming out ala quakelive that is most likely PC only and their is UT4 coming out which is almost certain to be on all consoles and PC. they are two completely different games. 
dam i might actually play it then  Cool
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 11:02am

Still people saying UT4 will be on console.

Why does nobody read the facts? "Unreal Tournament 2015 is PC only"
Whatever is going to happen after that post is just a waiting game.

we get your point about what the developers are saying at the moment Darkness lol that doesn't mean that UT4 wont still end up on consoles in some form though... developers seem to always hold back some of the "facts" until their ready to tell the public... the new consoles are going to need good shooters... can't let the sorry ass kb/mouse users have all the fun :)
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2014 at 5:14pm
Tried playing UT3 on PC, managed to join one duel room with Nova and couldn't get a match with decent players again after that. The game was dead big time. I'll probably hop on the new UT but c'mon Halo 5 is looking sick right now
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12