Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

UT4 CTF Alpha Footage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Team Devil
Team Devil

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UT4 CTF Alpha Footage
    Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 10:00am

(^ Youtube system is broken on IAM? Can't see the iFrame YT.)

Link is here: Unreal Tournament: CTF 

Jump to 2:35 for the start of the Gameplay.
Here it is! Welcome back endless miles of translocating!

SIKED. This project is moving into a great direction. Can't wait for UT4 to drop.

They also talk about varations of CTF. Like variations with no score limit, but just play through the time limit and Sudden Death varations of CTF.

PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 1:41pm
I kinda like the idea of half time, nothing big but a good change (they explain it at 5:20)
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 12:33pm
Id say that Epic has to bring ut4 to consoles once its finished... They just don't want to announce it yet... They obviously want their map editor to be a big part of the whole process on pc... They need to look to unreal championship for a few ideas... like maybe different ability's for certain classes... maybe something like an extra armor, jump heigt or movement boost for flag runner types and an extra ammo, damage, or aim boost for defender types? over camping kills big ctf and vctf games... i hope they have atleast figured that much out by now... regardless of wether ut4 ends up on consoles i want to try it so i'll just get it for pc if i have to
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 12:56pm
It's tactical waiting and defending, not camping
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 12:59pm
Well I hope so, but it doesnt make sense to me. They would port a free game to console. Wonder how much thats gonna cost..
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 1:36pm
It don't have to make sense Darkness... This is Epic we're talking about... The only way a game is ever free is if they plan on making money off of downloadable content for the game... like maps, special weapons, and things like that... like DC Universe
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 3:16pm
But they wouldn't make enough from that, and even if.. Why would I play a shooter on console and pay for content (probably not just a few bucks), while the PC version is free. I'd rather struggle for a few days to get used to playing UT with kb/m on PC then..
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 9:13pm
I would pay 100$ for a ps4 copy before I played for free on pc lol.

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2014 at 5:51am
You're a weirdo

B-B-BucKetHe4D !
Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2014 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by SIZZLE

Id say that Epic has to bring ut4 to consoles once its finished... They just don't want to announce it yet... They obviously want their map editor to be a big part of the whole process on pc... They need to look to unreal championship for a few ideas... like maybe different ability's for certain classes... maybe something like an extra armor, jump heigt or movement boost for flag runner types and an extra ammo, damage, or aim boost for defender types? over camping kills big ctf and vctf games... i hope they have atleast figured that much out by now... regardless of wether ut4 ends up on consoles i want to try it so i'll just get it for pc if i have to
pls no extra ****

camping is worse on consoles because players are worse, hitboxes are bigger, and movespeed is slower
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2014 at 4:17am
well if they bring ut4 to consoles they better figure out something different, or it wont get very big and it wont last very long... why repeat the same failures? Unreal Championship was a good/fun game, and the different types you could choose was great... the boost only lasted for a short time so it didn't taint the games
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2014 at 4:05am
I'm not ruling out it can happen. But if it happens, I'd go with Dagon's post:

Why would you pay for console distribution if the PC version is free?

Also, its already confirmed that the the money Epic is gonna earn on this game is purely based upon the content the modders and level designers are going to create. (Custom content). The stock content for UT4 is free. 
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2014 at 4:09am
Below a link to somebody from the BeyondUnreal forums who has no life at all and decided to compile the entire UT4 content in the editor to a free playable version. :)
The build is down for now, probably because in Epic their latest video they just released a new Pre-Alpha. This guy is working on a new compile.

If you have a good computer and are interested in playing the Pre-Alpha: favorite this website on your browser and keep an eye on this for a new build.

https://ut.rushbase.net/raxxy/Builds/

http://www.globalunreal.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2385
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
WaR View Drop Down
Team PRO
Team PRO

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2014 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Sephiroth_V7

I would pay 100$ for a ps4 copy before I played for free on pc lol.

IM WITH WEIRDO ON THIS ONE
NEVER BEEN A FAN OF mice
DuEL+paSsIon=sKilLz
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Darkn3ss

Also, its already confirmed that the the money Epic is gonna earn on this game is purely based upon the content the modders and level designers are going to create. (Custom content). The stock content for UT4 is free. 

exactly... custom content isn't going to be free on pc... id say players will have to spend a lot more then $60/the price of a game, to get all the extra maps and other custom content for the pc version... once they get a completely finished game they will probaby adapt it for consoles... why wouldn't they?
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 1:31am
You don't just throw a PC game into the magic well of fairies and out comes a PS4 game dude..
I'm not too sure they would take all the developing costs and energy, prob wouldn't really pay off.

You gotta keep in mind that these companies are actually companies, not wish factories that only please fans. If it doesn't pay off, they won't do it. And it probably won't.
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 2:36am
forreal i see 0 reason to make a console version lol
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by -DaGoN-

You don't just throw a PC game into the magic well of fairies and out comes a PS4 game dude..
I'm not too sure they would take all the developing costs and energy, prob wouldn't really pay off.

You gotta keep in mind that these companies are actually companies, not wish factories that only please fans. If it doesn't pay off, they won't do it. And it probably won't.

adabt it for consoles must not translate very well? lol its very amusing when people act like they know more then they acually know... as far as i know there havn't been any game developers, programers, or game designers on this sight ever? when you start saying things like magic well and fairies you become hard to take serious
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 12:53pm
well I'm studying programming while working in the IT-department of a medium-sized company. Don't really have any useful game programming/developing experience though.

Still much more knowledge and understanding of what happens than you old man

B-B-BucKetHe4D !
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 5:20pm
I just got a PC for UT4 and I'm practising on UT3 so i am ready for it. see you there

PC UT3 >>>>> UT3 PS3
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2014 at 7:55pm
CS after two days after playing me on Deck and Sentinel on UT3 PC:

"FOR f*** SAKE, IF I HAD A PS3 CONTROLLER, I WOULD FN WRECK U"

Which.. technically is true, but to counter the PC UT3 >> PS3 UT3 thing and duel pretty much all is I never played, then I'm having the time of my life lmao

LOL, love you bro, no homo.
Ggs tonight.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2014 at 8:15pm

exactly... custom content isn't going to be free on pc... id say players will have to spend a lot more then $60/the price of a game, to get all the extra maps and other custom content for the pc version... once they get a completely finished game they will probaby adapt it for consoles... why wouldn't they?

Like I posted already earlier, it sure is possible. Would be amazing.
But I'm just saying don't get your hopes up for a console distribution.

My arguments would be that: (Summarized: "Money")

1. Epic will not pay for distribution costs on console if there are already so fed up with the costs for releasing a game (make it free, and get money through the community), that was set to be released by the community in the first place. This is the leading argument for the two below.

2. A console release would mean to release an adapted/mutated version of the official PC version for modification for console purpose. Is Epic gonna invest in this? Also what game, lower then the standards of AAA games, did you find later on released on a console, after a single gaming platform release, like PC? I can't name any. Even if so, AAA games would have the budget for it. UT4 is NOT a AAA game.

3. The commercial part of releasing and distribution of the game might be the most money expensive phase for any released game. You think Epic would invest hundred thousands of dollars to promote a FREE game for console? Because if you don't promote, the majority of unreached buyers will counterbalance the amount of games distributed and Epic will only lose money for they will only receive one thing that is non profitable; a very happy community of UT gamers.

4. Again, I believe UT4 will NOT be a AAA game. Its destined for fans like us and to give an ode to the franchise and promote their engine and possible most community favoured game.
I also don't see this being very profitable for Epic in any way.

PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2014 at 8:27pm
Also, NEW UT4 BUILD!

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/showthread.php?12069-Unreal-Tournament-Pre-Alpha-Playable-Build-Instructions

Uhm, I might have forgot to mention that you do need a valid UE4 Subscription to preview this alpha. (Its basically nothing more then your version of the UE4 editor rebuilding and compiling the data in this package, to create UT4.)
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 8:17am

Like I posted already earlier, it sure is possible. Would be amazing.
But I'm just saying don't get your hopes up for a console distribution.

My arguments would be that: (Summarized: "Money")

1. Epic will not pay for distribution costs on console if there are already so fed up with the costs for releasing a game (make it free, and get money through the community), that was set to be released by the community in the first place. This is the leading argument for the two below.

2. A console release would mean to release an adapted/mutated version of the official PC version for modification for console purpose. Is Epic gonna invest in this? Also what game, lower then the standards of AAA games, did you find later on released on a console, after a single gaming platform release, like PC? I can't name any. Even if so, AAA games would have the budget for it. UT4 is NOT a AAA game.

3. The commercial part of releasing and distribution of the game might be the most money expensive phase for any released game. You think Epic would invest hundred thousands of dollars to promote a FREE game for console? Because if you don't promote, the majority of unreached buyers will counterbalance the amount of games distributed and Epic will only lose money for they will only receive one thing that is non profitable; a very happy community of UT gamers.

4. Again, I believe UT4 will NOT be a AAA game. Its destined for fans like us and to give an ode to the franchise and promote their engine and possible most community favoured game.
I also don't see this being very profitable for Epic in any way.

i agree with most of the points your making Darkness... However... Listening to the people that are working on ut4 its obvious that they love unreal like we do, and the fact that ut4 is being made period means that they obviously still care about the unreal series... the fact that so many games come out on both pc and consoles now days should tell you that its not as hard to modify a pc game for consoles as bucket head is trying to make it seem... especially considering that ps4 and xbox1 are pretty much the same thing as pc's for the most part... a pc only ut4 isn't going to be super profitable so why even make a ut4 if its mostly about profit? and even if profit is a big factor did black ops make more money on pc then it did on consoles? not even close... only epic knows wether ut4 will be pc only... i think epic will bring it out on consoles once its finished because for 1 there's a lot more console gamers then there are pc gamers... we'll have to just wait and see though
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 1:15pm

especially considering that ps4 and xbox1 are pretty much the same thing as pc's for the most part...

:DDDD hahaha
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>