Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Headsets and other accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

HeadPhone Question???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Team Devil
Team Devil

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HeadPhone Question???
    Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 1:43pm
ive just bought these and they will arrive on the 2nd of april

there nothing special but they look ok. how do they connect to your PS3 ??? or do you connect them to your Amp?

Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 1:58pm

You have to go through an amp. It has a stereo connection. Try this. Get a fiber toslink cable and connect it from your PS3 to your amp. The headphones should connect to the amp.

However, you will have a problem speaking. The amp will not return a signal so these are only good for hearing sound not speaking. These are made for computers. 

There is a USB version of the same headset. I'd return these and get those instead. The USB headsets are plug and play on the PS3.
PaWwEeZy View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote PaWwEeZy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 3:10pm
Colossus u shud of asked first

those are a PC gaming headphone set

You would be better off with 40 dollar pair of Turtle Beach X1s

they dont do much but they do block out distracting noises

I dont see why ppoeple buy headphones unless they are in MLG COD4 like me or have kids crying around them. Headphones do not help you that much track the enemy. Dont believe envys lies.

Anyways cancle that order if u can and buy turtlebeaches x1s. They hook up to ur AV cables. Nice and simple and great!!

The one and only PaW.
MONTAGE SOOON!!!

PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by PaWwEeZy

I dont see why ppoeple buy headphones unless they are in MLG COD4 like me or have kids crying around them. Headphones do not help you that much track the enemy. Dont believe envys lies.

Anyways cancle that order if u can and buy turtlebeaches x1s. They hook up to ur AV cables. Nice and simple and great!!

The one and only PaW.

Paw, stop singling people out.  u know it's only going to create a problem.  
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 6:15pm
he did single him out but he is 100% correct heaphones dont really help as much as certain people/almost everyone believes headphones were made to block distracting noises yu go down the street with ur ipod on with headphones are ..are you trying to listen to ur music blockin out everyones distracting noise OR r you trying to listen to the guys footsteps whos around the corner? distracting noise can be anything it can be parents can be ur gf can be ur roomate ur child ur brother sister doesnt matter hell even the ps3s cooling fans just about any headphones would do as long as they are decent and those dollar store ones lol

edit: dont get me wrong i dont use headphones i have a daughter to listen to i need to make sure shes ok when shes sleeping but i do have a surround sound system a crank up  at night baby monitors rule lmao really thats why im alot better player at night then i am durin the day (if i play durin the day) my attention is to the little lady
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 6:22pm
If I could ban the talk about headphones and KBM until time immemorial I would.  I've grown weary of it.
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 6:29pm
i really dont see whats ur issues dude its not like anyone is argueing he asked a question about headphones because he purchased headphones the people who use headphones or know how they effect gameplay are giving their imput its not like anyone is arguing we are just giving our opinion if we find it an advantage or not.. and really its not im just trying to save this dude some money because its pointless a surround sound system would suffice unless he personally is trying to block out every other sound because i dont know where he lives i dont know his lifestyle so really there is no point in you trying to start a fight here when no one is starting anything yes i do understand pawweezy named someone but dont make things worse as it is you gave a warning we are just giving our opinion because we use it or know how it TRUELY effects gameplay thats like you going to buy a lawnmower to play ut3 because they told u it would improve ur game... pointlessssssss
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 6:45pm
I didn't have a problem with the thread until it became something other than whether he bought a good pair or not.  re-read the thread and you tell me when the thread become something else.  
PaWwEeZy View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote PaWwEeZy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 6:46pm
i didnt do ne thing rong at all

pototikan chill out man ur over react bout stupid things that dont involve u

jessssssssus
MONTAGE SOOON!!!

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 6:49pm
re read the thread paw and allow urself to understand and in case ur not aware yet I have to read all these posts because it's my job to.  I'd rather not continue listening to redundant ramblings.  you answered the man's question already so unless he asks you one back you can move on.
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 6:52pm

f*** it edit im not gunna argue with people who tend to not get our initial intentions.

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by ReverendCrow

f*** it edit im not gunna argue with people who tend to not get our initial intentions.

I fail to understand why you let urself get so excited over things Crow.  the rules are quite simple.. don't single anyone out..stay on topic and last but not least (and although this isn't a rule it damn well ought to be) stop RAMBLING about it already.  We all get how you, Paw and Inc feel about KBM, Headphones and boring kills.  we get it.  now let's get back on topic or let's all move on if we can't.

Thx
SRC_ROLLTIDE View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 7:02pm
wow i come to see whats going on about headphones and for some reason i feel like im in communist Cuba...I dont see anything wrong with anything you all said so there is my two cents worth...what does it matter if the subject gets off topic? It's a freakin' blog!
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
AKA: RollTideAlabama, Rage-of-ROLLTIDE, Fear-of-ROLLTIDE
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 7:04pm
why because people like you dont ever listen and you guys dont ever realize you are worse then the members no of course you did not just single ME PAW AND INC out of course not... of course you did not have to bring up a previous thread where some 15 year old kid went overboard insulting my personal life because i gave him advice on a ****ing montage pathetic... yes the rule was simple  dont single anyone out u got that clear nothing was said about it i even agreed u were correct GO BACK AND REREAD if u didnt get that stay on topic ...topic is headphone question the topic is headphones... he asked questions about headphones they were answered plus a little extra explaining on its a waste of money unless his house is noisey DID YOU GET THAT REREAD  if you didnt. you really need to get this moderator bull**** out of ur head sometimes you did your job it DIDNT get out of hand until you continued to post and let me quote "If I could ban the talk about headphones and KBM until time immemorial I would.  I've grown weary of it. "  so as far as staying on topic EPIC FAIL potorikan we give imput you give us ur uneeded opinion on how u dislike the headphone talks... go buy a lawnmower its going to make ur ut3 skill godlike
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by ReverendCrow

why because people like you dont ever listen and you guys dont ever realize you are worse then the members no of course you did not just single ME PAW AND INC out of course not... of course you did not have to bring up a previous thread where some 15 year old kid went overboard insulting my personal life because i gave him advice on a ****ing montage pathetic... yes the rule was simple  dont single anyone out u got that clear nothing was said about it i even agreed u were correct GO BACK AND REREAD if u didnt get that stay on topic ...topic is headphone question the topic is headphones... he asked questions about headphones they were answered plus a little extra explaining on its a waste of money unless his house is noisey DID YOU GET THAT REREAD  if you didnt. you really need to get this moderator bull**** out of ur head sometimes you did your job it DIDNT get out of hand until you continued to post and let me quote "If I could ban the talk about headphones and KBM until time immemorial I would.  I've grown weary of it. "  so as far as staying on topic EPIC FAIL potorikan we give imput you give us ur uneeded opinion on how u dislike the headphone talks... go buy a lawnmower its going to make ur ut3 skill godlike

dude u seriously need to calm down.. are we done yet?
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by SRC_ROLLTIDE

wow i come to see whats going on about headphones and for some reason i feel like im in communist Cuba...I dont see anything wrong with anything you all said so there is my two cents worth...what does it matter if the subject gets off topic? It's a freakin' blog!

Roll, when u start coming in here more often and such you will see that if mods don't strive to keep people on topic this whole thing becomes a mess (check the Epic forums and you'll see what I mean).  

if we simply let everyone run verbally amuck no one would like it.  As it is we mods have to contend with various personality types and as you can see, depending on the topic, some are more passionate about things than others.  Some so passionate that the very mention of certain key phrases sends them into a downward in-cohesive rambling spiral that syphons the very spirit that we're trying to engender and cultivate within the site.  So in the interests of time and such Im going to try to ascertain if Collussus still needs help with his issue and if he doesn't I will simply lock the thread and this will hopefully stave off temporarily all of this unnecessary rhetoric.

Administrator View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 7:20pm
Ok guys, I get the last word on this one.

Move on...
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 8:28pm

The one and only PaW.

next time watch pawweezy aiming at them through walls before they even appear. i wonder how he knew they were there. headphones let you know exactly where your opponents are. just ask any non-liar and they will tell you the same. if all they did was block out noise they would use $1 ear plugs instead of $200-400 pair of headphones and no telling what an amp costs. if this is all they do(lmmfaoxDD), then why spend this much on noise blockers? ive used them and know they help 10 fold on knowing what your opponent is doing, if they are picking up armor/health and where exactly they are the whole intire time. this is why they stop in the middle of duels and listen..$400 dollar noise blockers xDDDDD

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by _EnVy_

The one and only PaW.

next time watch pawweezy aiming at them through walls before they even appear. i wonder how he knew they were there. headphones let you know exactly where your opponents are. just ask any non-liar and they will tell you the same. if all they did was block out noise they would use $1 ear plugs instead of $200-400 pair of headphones and no telling what an amp costs. if this is all they do(lmmfaoxDD), then why spend this much on noise blockers? ive used them and know they help 10 fold on knowing what your opponent is doing, if they are picking up armor/health and where exactly they are the whole intire time. this is why they stop in the middle of duels and listen..$400 dollar noise blockers xDDDDD

ay yay yay... here we go agin lucy lol

welcome back Envy
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 9:03pm
Unless we get on topic. This thread will be deleted.
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 9:08pm

blah edit forget it...

ASHYTEBUBLExD View Drop Down
Team ICN
Team ICN
Shyting on CHAVS

Post Options Post Options   Quote ASHYTEBUBLExD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 9:15pm
That was the most pointless argunent ever and Potoricans patients amazes me, on most forums talking to a mod like that u'de be out, i understand ur point tho RC. Anyway I don't really like Headphones, they get anoying, ear peices are much more comfortable, i think the only thing that gives you an advantage with finding ppl sound wize is suround sound.
Ha! We've got guns!, No what you have are bullets and the hope that by time you've fired im not still standing because if I am, you'll be dead befor you've reloaded
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by ASHYTEBUBLExD

That was the most pointless argunent ever and Potoricans patients amazes me, on most forums talking to a mod like that u'de be out, i understand ur point tho RC. Anyway I don't really like Headphones, they get anoying, ear peices are much more comfortable, i think the only thing that gives you an advantage with finding ppl sound wize is suround sound.

on the battlefield we're all opponents, on this site, we're all supposed to be family.  As such sometimes brethren will vent and such.  I have much respect for Crow and we'll move past it as we have before.  I want to keep our 'family' together and sometimes a little venting is what the doctor ordered.  

PaWwEeZy View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote PaWwEeZy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by PcX_Potorikan

Originally posted by _EnVy_

The one and only PaW.

ay yay yay... here we go agin lucy lol

welcome back Envy

potorikan biased much? jesusss

and envy, no one spends that much money on headphones

mine were 40 bucks

and earplugs would block out all noise including the game, u dont wat that

please next time u argue about something at least try to persuade us that u actually know a lil about what ur talking about, cuz now u seem like u have never been educated

and i dont use my headphones anymore really becuase i dont need them to win, i never had needed them, they just kept me focused

get over urself

Bye
MONTAGE SOOON!!!

INCReMENTAL View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 10:33pm
Guys what did I say. This thread hasn't gone to far off topic. Thank ya'll are wrong there but arguing about what they do is stupid. They r what they r and people that don use them like to blame their losses on anythang but theirselves. Get over it and get over us. Envy were cool but u see it all the wrong way.
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>