| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

whats a better way to switch weapons for you?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Noob
Noob

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Twisted_unknown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: whats a better way to switch weapons for you?
    Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 6:54pm
ok your in a duel, death match, ctf, ect. and you spotted your opponent

do you press the next weapon button when you need a weapon quickly or do you use the select weapon button then use the right analog to select a weapon... i just needed yo know because i use next weapon and i wanted to know if the weapon select is easier/more useful or is it something you got to get used to.. well thanks humans ^.^
life is a hard game to beat -_-..

HuManS...i h8 the CReAtIonS of God their so fOolisH.. :property of the UnKnowN:

Ninja_Monkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ninja_Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 7:09pm
I hate that weapon wheel thing. I just like to press a button to bring up the next weapon.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 7:09pm
Matter of preference really.
name_is_clantag
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 7:11pm
Well,i have my R3 set to Rocket Launcher, i keep good tabs on what weapons i have! if have my shock rifle out which i usually do, it just click R3 for up close combat, if i have link gun out and want avril, i click R3,R2, thats the fastest way to get where i need to go, i dont pick up weapons i dont need, i.e. stinger, if im defending a node and have time, i epmty my enforcer! you need a good memory tho if you use weapons the way i do! 
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 7:11pm
Most people seem to use the 'next weapon' etc functions, I use the wheel.
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 7:30pm
yeah i heard alot of people use the next weapon button, i never use it, would be annoying if i want a weapon thats at the end of the cycle or a few r2 button presses away and im in a rush, i just use the wheel, much easier for me, but its really a matter of preferance
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 7:49pm
since i use a mouse i change using my mouse scroll which would be next weapon somewhat if ppl have played fps games on pc they would know how the mouse scroll works ...scroll up for next weapon down for the previous yes its difficult to get used to at first ...for first times it'll take a while t get to ur desired weapons but when u know what weapons u have and there order its pretty easy
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 8:21pm
When on PC I like having certain keys bound to a certain weapon
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 8:27pm
lol even still on pc i use the mouse wheel its bad cause sometimes during dueling on QL i get screwed lol..actually..alot of the times i do haha
aceoblivion View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote aceoblivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 9:00pm
I thought you had to die to switch weapons, I think I'm doing something wrong.
DahBlackWorm View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote DahBlackWorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 9:40pm
eh not many ppl know this but u can switch the position of when u want to get ur weapon.. u can have ur rocket as ur first priority and then flak the second.. the thing about pressin the priority button is this.. say u have rockets as the priority.. and u run out.. it will automatically go to the flak (if its ur 2nd).. instead of pressin the next weapon button 15 times or havin the huge weapon see through box pop up and u have to select it manually, u can merely press the priority and hit next weapon once to get to ur shock or sniper rifle.. def a big help when ur on the run 
SRC_ROLLTIDE View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 12:55am
^^^lol that def beats my method of running over another gun....jk 
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
AKA: RollTideAlabama, Rage-of-ROLLTIDE, Fear-of-ROLLTIDE
NecroBeestiality View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 3:42am
Originally posted by ThAtSmAtT

yeah i heard alot of people use the next weapon button, i never use it, would be annoying if i want a weapon thats at the end of the cycle or a few r2 button presses away and im in a rush, i just use the wheel, much easier for me, but its really a matter of preferance

it is annoying which is why your brain memorizes the order of weapons quickly and you can click 3 times for flack or 5 for sniper etc etc....thats how I roll at least
House Music All Night Long

"Insted of peaple coming on this website were peaple are b**ing about peaple behind each uthers backs" - QuickRC
hcruiix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hcruiix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 3:51am
Originally posted by aceoblivion

I thought you had to die to switch weapons, I think I'm doing something wrong.
yea bro press L2 nd lol when pressing L2 nd pas.s.ing the weapon u wantedXD thn i die with an enforcer in hand nd rocket shells on my face.
psshhhh...yea i killt ya....how bout ya justify my thug!!!
oXxLunacyxXo View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote oXxLunacyxXo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 5:00am
r2
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by NecroBeestiality

Originally posted by ThAtSmAtT

it is annoying which is why your brain memorizes the order of weapons quickly and you can click 3 times for flack or 5 for sniper etc etc....thats how I roll at least
or, if you have rocket and sniper and your on enforcer, click r3 r2 and you have sniper:)
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
 Post Reply Post Reply