| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

How to make a map?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote RAWS frags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to make a map?
    Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 6:50pm
I got me a few hundreds about 400$. And i have NO clue on how much it'll cost.
I'ma try to make a remake of Deck 99. And maybe make a new duel map and vctf.

So info on this would be really cool.

Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 6:52pm
You'd need a decent PC, a loot of spare time and a PC copy of UT3
the editor's included with the game

also, if you wanna remake the original deck you might want to just edit the regular one, obv :P
RAWS frags View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RAWS frags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 6:54pm
I got a gaming pc. I got the time coming up soon. And got a pc ut3.

I just wanna try to remake how it looked . I mean im sure it CAN'T be done but you always gotta try.

Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 7:10pm
well its possible, its just hard
theres some good stuff online for learning the editor, but even when you got the basic hang of the editor.. in order to make static meshes (something more advanced than a basic shape, usually) you'd likely also need to know another program to make it in

here's a sizeable pack of tutorial videos
http://www.fileplanet.com/195417/190000/fileinfo/Unreal-Tournament-3---3D-Buzz-Video-Tutorial-Pack
and even then there's lots more to learn

anyway, depending on your standards, it can take a loot of time creating a map, but as long as you enjoy doing it somewhat, its pretty cool

i might wanna fiddle around with the thing again in the future just to see what i could come up with

edit:
also, theres quite some editors on the epic games forums i think
for questions n tutorials and stuff, they might be helpfull
i think there was another forum with mainly editors, but link might be on the epic games website
The Keyboard Samurai View Drop Down
Please....Listen to me whine

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Keyboard Samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 11:11pm
why would you want to remake a map that is not only fine as it is, but has also already been remade before???
you don't need the best pc in the world. just takes more time with a low end pc.
my advice:
1. make your own map  - if you wanna make deck impressive dublicate the level and expand it into a vctf or war or summin.
2. as luckshot said "modify the existing", like this :

http://www.betamaster.us/hdd2/UT3/Maps/WAR-Sandstorm.zip
RAWS frags View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RAWS frags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 12:09pm
Not really to make it NEW. But to see if it can run on ps3.

The Keyboard Samurai View Drop Down
Please....Listen to me whine

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Keyboard Samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 12:21pm
yah this can be done

a while ago Quick RC asked me to re-cook luracia:SE as none of the custom maps would work on ps3

it can be a bit of a mission but i have successfully cooked  maps that people say "cannot be played online on ps3" and got them working --- -
i haven't released these updates and cooked  versions because 99% of the community are retards and spent more time b****in' at me than getting involved --

so i  decided they can lose out instead ☻

believe it or not - alot of the retail maps on pc do not work straight away on ps3 -- each one needs changing in some way- whether it be sounds, textures , vehicles or pickups... This is why my map on ps3 is called Breakable - instead of insomniac as i had to change alot for ps3 compatibility.
 Post Reply Post Reply