| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Server Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Guide to MidnightGaming servers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guide to MidnightGaming servers
    Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 10:52am
I created a ticket and that's the place that MG told me to go, the website. I'll send MG another ticket when I decide on the server name. Thanks.
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 12:20pm
Since I've installed ut3 pc version again I can't create one myself anymore, so I just ask WOPR when I need my name changed (though he'd know the password).
Using the software for PC dedicaetd ps3 servers at home you can make such accounts.
luc76985 View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote luc76985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by BAIN

I created a ticket and that's the place that MG told me to go, the website. I'll send MG another ticket when I decide on the server name. Thanks.

Did you get this figured out?  I am trying to get a MG server setup now and experiencing the same issue. I can't get it to appear in the server list.
The MG guy said, go to login.gamespy.net and create an account and fill it in the cmd line changer box and it should work, but its not. 

The directions here were nice and clear cut though, awesome.
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 7:37pm
I never actually updated it with how to change the server name and I just got it working again for myself.
So if you want to change your server name, you have to make an account using the PC dedicated host for Ps3 tool thing - you have to have that installed (1.3GB download), go to it/binaries in cmd and then run CreateAccount.bat Name Password Email - these are the credentials you can then use for your server (just having the .bat file won't do).

Either that, or pm me with the name/password/email you'd like.

edit: You can get the tool from http://www.fileplay.net/file/4484/ps3-dedicated-server-v2-0-for-the-pc - I had a 3 hour download from there, which is why I'm uploading it to some other sites hoping they let people download faster.

Mirror 1 - https://rapidshare.com/files/2577966614/PCDedicatedServerForPS3_200.zip
Mirror 2 - Oh crap, only 'premium users' can download this one appearantly.. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J776BG6S

edit2: Other ways of making GameSpy accounts didn't work for me. According to an epic site, you can use the tool thing to make Ps3 GameSpy namespaces, which are a bit of a different thing (whereas PC UT3 players have it different/easier as to how to make the proper gamespy account)
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 8:22am
Also, in case anyone is looking for a server and didn't know yet..
MidnightGaming recently just seems to take your money and run.

Clanwarz.com or artofwarcentral.com are better alternatives; clanwarz has a working interface similar to the one in this thread (though they don't like it when you change the maxplayers because you could try to set it above what you're paying for; midnightgaming used to just have a dropdown bar so that you couldn't pick more players than you paid for).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12