Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Am I the only person who gets this?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Am I the only person who gets this?
    Posted: 09 May 2009 at 7:28am
When I get a message and check it during the middle of a game, my console just totally freezes whilst trying to load the sender's avatar... all I can do is quit the game or turn off the console. I can read the message but the 'Reply' button just flashes and I can't press X or anything.

I've lost count of how many matches I've had to quit mid-game because of this and then tried to rejoin but my slot as been taken.
LAWL_SHOCKZ View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote LAWL_SHOCKZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 7:31am
this happens to me all the damn time. i've gotten to the point where if its not even remotely important, i wont bother bringing it up until the end of a match. :( i feel ya bro
yup. i'm done.
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 7:32am
Glad it's not just me then but it sucks it's happening to you aswell. :(

Hopefully Sony'll fix it in the next firmware update or something, it's damn irritating.

Yesterday was particularly annoying, some German douchebag booted me from his server after I killed him a few times (username Ironic_Potsmoka if you see him around) so I asked him why he booted me then he sent me a lovely message telling me to "f*** off cry little girl". I was forced to quit a new game because of that crap. I sent him a "lovely" message back then later on he sent me loads of crappy messages in German which I couldn't read.
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 11:46am
hey man, yeah thats happened to me aswell, so dont worry its not just u, happened 2 quite a few people ive heard, i dont know what it the cquse of that crap lol.
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 6:04pm
Your not the only one bro. I rarely read my messages because of this.
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
MIGZ-1 View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Road Rampager

Post Options Post Options   Quote MIGZ-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 7:00pm
ya it happens to me 2 so i check em after usualy

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 7:55pm

This has happened a lot to me and yes its freakin' annoying, from what GoDead has told me, before you write a message when you first pull up your friends, you must wait until the friends avatar has fully loaded before pressing triangle to read the message or to write the message right on the main friends screen.  It works 100% of the time if you wait to do that.

Maiden01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Maiden01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 8:40pm
it happens to me only at the end of games when its loading for the next map. i have to turn the switch off behind the ps3
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 11:18pm
Seems like my ps3 has been freezing alot more lately in different games not so much when checkin messages =( (UT3 & MidNight Club Los Angelos)
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2009 at 5:39am
Originally posted by Do_Or_Die_420

Seems like my ps3 has been freezing alot more lately in different games not so much when checkin messages =( (UT3 & MidNight Club Los Angelos)
Mine's being doing exactly the same, it's pissing me off now... yesterday I was in a chat room and every time I pressed O to go back out of the chat room to do something else it froze and I had to turn it off at the back. Keeps freezing at other random times too.
Nova View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2009 at 10:54am
Thats PSN for you.
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2009 at 12:57pm
Don't really have problems with it, just when I tRi to message someone too quickly
Nova View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2009 at 3:32pm
They should make a big fix update.
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2009 at 5:33pm
omg sooooooooo annoying i h8 that **** waaaaaaaaa D:
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2009 at 5:40pm
I've turned off all notifications so I can play in peace now... I play when I play and message before I sign off or inbetween changing modes.
aceoblivion View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote aceoblivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2009 at 5:53pm
I don't get any messages so I don't have this problem.
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2009 at 6:00pm
It may have been a problem with my DNS servers, for some reason it wouldn't load people's avatars and that's what caused the freezing. I was also having problems with not being able to sign in 70% of the time, plus the freezing but I changed my DNS settings (under network) to OpenDNS:
Primary DNS - 208.67.222.222
Secondary DNS - 208.67.220.220

And haven't had a single message freezing or sign in problem since and that was 2 months ago. Try this guys, it works perfect for me and countless others have done it too. Good luck!
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2009 at 6:01pm
i use to get that
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2009 at 7:28pm
Hmm, never once had that issue!  Are your inbox and outbox empty? on all accounts?  what model do you have? 20,40,60,80...ect?
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2009 at 7:40pm
Maybe cuz i have the original 20GB PS3, i dont have issues with it!  My only advice would be, get rid of all old messages in your boxes!  If you have the newer PS3, they have a self cleaner, use that! if those dont solve your problem, ...i know its a pain, but id say reformat your Hard drive!
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Cloudy_Serendipity View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2009 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by JakeT111

When I get a message and check it during the middle of a game, my console just totally freezes whilst trying to load the sender's avatar... all I can do is quit the game or turn off the console. I can read the message but the 'Reply' button just flashes and I can't press X or anything.

I've lost count of how many matches I've had to quit mid-game because of this and then tried to rejoin but my slot as been taken.

Happens to me occasionally... I used to get p!ssed off and reset my PS3 but I found that if you wait a few mins it will sort itself out Smile very rarely it doesn't but yeah if you wait for the avatar to load it never happens.
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream

Map Hosting: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6luhe8b1pj52y/Cloudy's%20Files
 Post Reply Post Reply