FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

techno/trance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: techno/trance
    Posted: 24 Jun 2009 at 5:43pm
If you really like dance music, I recommend you check out all the different kinds and figure out what you like most. Personally, I am a deep house FREAK. That sounds absolutely nothing like hard house which sounds nothing like jackin house which sounds nothing like d&b/jungle which sounds nothing like UK Garage which sounds nothing like Trance which sounds...........I could go on and on and on and on.

While I am obvioulsly bias toward my love, I can tell you that deep house is generally the most sustainable genre of dance music to listen too. It is slower than most at around 127 bpm and emphasises rich, deep and chunky bass lines with live instruments and very high quality vocalists. Nothing against trance or d&b but they differ in that they are much faster, rarely feature any live or organic sounding instruments and have over hyped candied out vocalists. In short: deep house will never wear you out. Other types MIGHT.

Regardless, just know that there is a lot more to "techno" than just techno. Or trance which is light years away from techno. It is a big beautiful wide world of beats. I am a dj/producer so I get a little over the top whenever it comes up. I shot you a PM about what I like. The never ending diversity that is under the gigantic umbrella of dance music or "techno" is what sets it apart from all other styles of music. Its a beautiful thing :)
House Music All Night Long

"Insted of peaple coming on this website were peaple are b**ing about peaple behind each uthers backs" - QuickRC
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2009 at 11:21pm
You mind sending me a list of songs that you like? I love to embrace different types of music!
name_is_clantag
The_Victim420 View Drop Down
Team 420
Team 420

Post Options Post Options   Quote The_Victim420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 3:34am
you guys are weird, i dont like trance music and it used to scare the sh*t out of me when i was a little kid haha
but being scared of trance music just might be a sure sign that your a puss tho idk
you all might like some of the music ive been listening to lately like

Dj Cam - Underground Vibes  or  Romatic Love
Boards Of Canada - '84 Pontiac Dream
FLYamSAM - The Offbeat
DJ Shadow - Dark days
Jel - Dynamic Button

give one or 2 of those a try and let me know what you think
youll probably like  a bunch, kinda trancy to me but not in the same way as some of those other suggestions

NecroBeestiality View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by The_Victim420

you guys are weird, i dont like trance music and it used to scare the sh*t out of me when i was a little kid haha
but being scared of trance music just might be a sure sign that your a puss tho idk
you all might like some of the music ive been listening to lately like

Dj Cam - Underground Vibes  or  Romatic Love
Boards Of Canada - '84 Pontiac Dream
FLYamSAM - The Offbeat
DJ Shadow - Dark days
Jel - Dynamic Button

give one or 2 of those a try and let me know what you think
youll probably like  a bunch, kinda trancy to me but not in the same way as some of those other suggestions

Cam is the sh*t. Mad Blunted Jazz is his best cd IMO. Liquid Hip Hop is good too. If you like Shadow, check ZTrip. Boards of Canada are cool, too. They guy that is credit with starting this genre of downtempo (correctly or incorrectly, doesn't matter) is named Mark Farina. Check out his Mushroom Jazz series. He is also on the top 5 deep house djs I feel. Also, Jazzy Jeff goes back and fourth between deep house and downtempo/hiphop/turntablism. So does DJ Spinna. Lots of hip hop heads get into deep house because of the similarites. Sure the beat is a little faster in house and it is not "broken" like in the music u listed above but it has the same feel. Soulful and groovy.

And for the record, Trance always scared the piss out of me. Still does. Deep house and hip hop are practically brothers while Trance is like a 2nd cousin. Nothing against it but I can't get down with super epic build ups and break downs, sirens and crashes lol. Deep house has none of that btw.

"Insted of peaple coming on this website were peaple are b**ing about peaple behind each uthers backs" - QuickRC
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Fluffy Fluffington

How bout some House music yo?!

This may be too chill for you younguns but its one of my fav cuts (have 3 copies on vinyl):

What necro said. I posted this earlier. this is about as good a representation of DEEP HOUSE as there is. Miguel Migs produced a lot of amazing tracks (got a bit cheesy later in his career)
and has quite possibly one of the genres greatest mixes in "Nude Dimensions-Naked Music Vol.1"

Farina's a staple old Chicago House Dj best mix cd for him is "United DJs of America Vol 9" and "Seasons" 

Other greats are Miles Maeda, Derrick Carter, Doc Marten, and Kevin Yost.

I used to dj and produce actively. Started a record label and Miles Maeda did a track for me.
It was a money hole though and I shuttered after a handful of releases.

The genre hit its heyday 6 or 7 years ago, and has been dying a slow death. But arguably some of the most beautifu, sexy, funky music is HOUSE.

Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 4:05pm
I tried posting that SAME VIDEO. I couldn't get it to work though. 

RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 4:27am
ATB - Behind (Ambience mix)
This song blew me away.
name_is_clantag
sickboogiemurder View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote sickboogiemurder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2009 at 3:00am
to bad I didn't get to see this post two years ago
would have had a list a mile long
but uhh....
the only bands/djs/whatever i can think of are
Infected Mushroom
DJ PI
Tiesto
Oakenfold
but they have been mainstreamed so you probably already know who they are
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2009 at 8:39am
yeah those are mainstream but they are hella good though
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2009 at 10:09am
Below is the 17th torrent of "top 100" techno.  Since the music within the torrent is hit or miss, I usually delete ~1/3 of the music...  There's some great stuff in there though.  Enjoy LOL
http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/90498853/top+100+techno?tab=summary
VaPoRizZ View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote VaPoRizZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2009 at 11:16am
8 wonders - everything's been written

nuff said.. lol hope u enjoy!

J_Rivers View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Shaft Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote J_Rivers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2009 at 1:08pm

JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2009 at 1:26pm
Love that tune, remember hearing it back around 04.
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2009 at 5:35pm
DJ Micro and Lisa Lashes are my all time fav DJs so i recommend both of them. any of the old school DJ's from the Moonshine Records label are great as well. also i would recommend trying out break beats like the album Perfecto breaks (one of my fav albums, released in 2002) from Paul Oakenfold's own label. or the Y2K/Y3K, those are sick too. might want to also look into DJ infinity, Sasha, Timo Maas, Josh Wink, Karl Cox, DJ Baby Anne, Plump DJ or DJ ICEY. those are some groovy artist as well. depends on what style of trance or house you like. i know your from cali so you might like DJ's like Mars & Mystre...

SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7DKUS&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=03lOSujEKdmJtgeQk-SxBA&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4#

Timo Maas feat Kelis - Help Me (Rennie Pilgrem Mix)

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
J_Rivers View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Shaft Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote J_Rivers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 12:00am
Yo Necro (including the slight biased of those outstanding games tonight & then some) what do you think about Rank 1? In your expertise opinion, what category do they fall under?
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by J_Rivers

Yo Necro (including the slight biased of those outstanding games tonight & then some) what do you think about Rank 1? In your expertise opinion, what category do they fall under?

10-4 on that good buddy. That is some mega trance right there. Pretty epic. If you like that and you have itunes, you can click on the electronic section of itunes radio and find lots of streaming trance stations. It is different than house in a few ways:

-Higher Beats Per Minute (much faster)

-Even more emphasis on build ups and break downs than house (drum rolls and building snares)

-Very synthy electronicy feel (you see this in house too but trance is that way almost exclusively)

That is my humble opinion. Living in Miami....you have access to that stuff live all the time. Space has the worlds biggest trance djs on a regular basis. The top 3 Trance DJ's (and probably producers?) right now are

-Armin Van Buuren

-Tiesto

-Paul Van Dyk

Check out those guys if you like Trance you can't lose with them.

Originally posted by _EnVy_

also i would recommend trying out break beats like the album Perfecto breaks (one of my fav albums, released in 2002) from Paul Oakenfold's own label.

If you have never heard breakbeats, or if you have heard breakbeats but never heard this compilation, it is probably the hottest grouping of breaks tracks I have ever heard. This CD is so nasty, it has been giving me the chills for 6 years and I don't even especially like breaks. But this cd is absolutely FIRE. Good call Envy.

What I like, deep house, has almost nothing in common with breaks or trance but I can find a slice of every genre that I like. Oakenfold was the trance king in the late 90s early 00s. And he put out that sweet Perfecto Breaks cd too.

_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 7:22pm
there are at least 2 perfecto breaks albums that i know of, maybe 1-2 more. but that one by Rennie Pilgrem is uber dope. also if your into the break beats look into simply jeff, plump DJ's and DJ Baby Anne. here is one of my fav tracks of all time. gives me shivvers O.O http://www.imeem.com/people/GEQ44N/music/anuCdat0/dj-baby-anne-pepper-spray-dj-43/

random tracks from my fav dj's...

lisa lashes: is a must try if you havent heard her and its hard house at its best!

DJ Micro: uber god!!! my fav DJ =] imo the best dj bc his sounds are one of a kind and he spins 3 different styles. he also is has the most flawless transission ive ever heard. it comes at the perfect time and just throws you into anoter direction without even knowing its coming. also so chill but yet but simply banging all at once! ive always loved his style of hard-edge trance. be sure and serch for "micro tech" when looking for any of his tracks. all the micro techs are simply amazingly done!

D:FUSE: aka Dustin Fusure is a personal friend of mine so i gotta rep teh dirty 3rd

MY FAV ALL TIME TRANCE RECORD

EnVy must be earned"
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 11:46pm

EnVy must be earned"
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 8:34pm
infected mushroom ftw!!!
DorienO View Drop Down
Team KoZ
Team KoZ

Post Options Post Options   Quote DorienO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 11:01pm
not much of a fan of techno or trance anymore, but they had their moments in the late 90s

not much into the EDM scene anymore either but there are still some sick tunes being made.

my top fav edm song

is

orbital - halcyon and on and on

very beautiful and serene.  it's what i consider a masterpiece.  but i don't know if that is the type of song you want in the background when you are sniping the opposing team, or maybe it is...

www.tranceaddict.com/forums

i spend most of my time there to get any info on shows, djs, tracklists, music, etc.

check it out. 
Penetrating your defenses. The Penetrator...
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 12:26am
Originally posted by DorienO

not much of a fan of techno or trance anymore, but they had their moments in the late 90s

not much into the EDM scene anymore either but there are still some sick tunes being made.

my top fav edm song

is

orbital - halcyon and on and on

very beautiful and serene.  it's what i consider a masterpiece.  but i don't know if that is the type of song you want in the background when you are sniping the opposing team, or maybe it is...

www.tranceaddict.com/forums

i spend most of my time there to get any info on shows, djs, tracklists, music, etc.

check it out. 

Your so right. Trance definitely had its moment in the late 90s. I am a house head thru and thru but the 90s had some great trance. And I could snipe with Halcyon in the background for hours.

DorienO View Drop Down
Team KoZ
Team KoZ

Post Options Post Options   Quote DorienO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 10:46am
house eh, 

the vids are like WTF, i know.

i like house because you can dance to it with a partner.  throw in some latin moves; some salsa, a bit of bachata and you fit right in. 
Penetrating your defenses. The Penetrator...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12