Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Tutorials
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Tutorial: The Art Of Knowing Vehicles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Striderfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tutorial: The Art Of Knowing Vehicles
    Posted: 28 Jun 2009 at 7:19pm
do u know about the berserk on floodgate??
!
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2009 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

Everyone knows how to get the Shield Belt on Downtown right?!?!

I figure it's quite like the redeemer on Heatray?
Didn't know about it until I read it on epicforums today.
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2009 at 7:22pm
Theres a deemer on heatray?
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2009 at 7:23pm
Striderfx View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Striderfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2009 at 7:23pm

lol, just seeing who would fall for it!  Should of heard Envy the first time i said it to him, he was like noo, really , where at?!  ;)
lol makes sense he needs it!!!
!
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2009 at 7:36pm
hahaahaha :)
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by wikkid

Your manta info is missing one!

People flying through the air = Dead!!

lol the node was protected u noob. lol but a good kill is a good kill never the less =]

btw im getting all set up to come play on the pc. ill be seeing all the real players soon enough. so send me your info on how to contact you.

Originally posted by Striderfx

lol, just seeing who would fall for it!  Should of heard Envy the first time i said it to him, he was like noo, really , where at?!  ;)
lol makes sense he needs it!!!

lol still on my nuts ic. your like a rock climber on my ball sack. trying to reach the peak? please suck it or fall off already...

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 8:10pm
i'm desagree with the Scavenger:

Effective vs: Besides being effective vs. the Nightshade it stands pretty neutral in terms of effective against all vehicles and mostly is being used for its speed to get across the map.
Not Effective vs: Manta, Scorpion, Darkwalker, Goliath, Fury & Viper.

Is efective Vs: Scorpion, Darkwalker, Goliath, nightshade, and with the hellbender. well, the scavenger is a great hunter, the viper is so high for the scav. the same for the fury, but i think, its depends of th eplayer who drives this vehicle.

for me, i like this vehicle. Deadly Hunter. Ouch

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
wikkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote wikkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 2:01am
Originally posted by _EnVy_

lol the node was protected u noob. lol but a good kill is a good kill never the less =]

btw im getting all set up to come play on the pc. ill be seeing all the real players soon enough. so send me your info on how to contact you.

No it wasn't, the node in the minimap that was blinking ( under attack and is already a solid blue ) is the node me and killin ( in the other manta ) were filling back up while someone attacked it from around the corner. If you watch as i go towards the one prime there is a blast, that is where the person was hitting it from and got killed. I was going in my manta to kill him and seen he was gone, then the lady said incoming orb so i turned around and lined up for a jumping kill. The node was up for 10-15 seconds prior to me killing him.
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 6:04pm
Still funny, i just use shock combos for incoming air bound baddies! but yours is funnier
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 6:57am
Originally posted by Supreme_Venom

- Scavenger        200 Armor     700 Speed ( 30 MpH)    30 Second Respawn

The Scavenger is perhaps the most unique of the New vehicles. It's a small (comparatively) walking tripod with a rotating body. The Scavenger can jump fairly high, allowing it some extra mobility. It can also crouch, which serves little purpose.

The primary Fire:
Locks onto a target and sends out a laser bolt, which then orbits the target and zaps it with the laser bolt.
The Alt-Fire:
The alt-fire causes the Scavenger to curl up in a ball, which increases it's speed by 215% (to
1500, or 64MpH). Using the primary fire While in this mode causes the
Scavenger to extend it's legs and use them as rotating blades to cut down
infantry, much like the Scorpion's bumper-mounted retractable blades.

Effective vs: Besides being effective vs. the Nightshade it stands pretty neutral in terms of effective against all vehicles and mostly is being used for its speed to get across the map.
Not Effective vs: Manta, Scorpion, Darkwalker, Goliath, Viper.

lol6, i'm a scavenger hunter, and of course is effective for that, the scavenger moves are fu.cking awesome.

Vs Scorpion:
you can made a confusion of a player there, jumping infront and back to confusse them, but still shooting him, if the scorpion try to scape, just press second fire and activate the blades, that is sure you destroy it. but of course, you need a lot of practice.

Vs Matha:
well, this is some complicated, cuz you need to use all your experience with this vehicle, example, if the mantha is shooting you, jump in fornt, jump back, jumpand press second fire and release rapidly for stay behind the mantha, so, rapiddy press again second fire and activate the blades, is sure you destroy the mantha.

Vs Dark wallker:
well, it depends of the map, you need to use your entorn for destroy de darkwalker, but you can destroy it, evading, and crash him, and do it once and another time, now, you can jump too ans stay up on the darkwalker and shoot it, but you need to jump for don't fall.

Vs Tank:
Jump on the tank and shut it, jump in behind, infront, left right for confuse him, and continue shooting him, easy.

Vs Viper: may not effective with this but is possible.
this is the most hard vehicle to destroy, but you can do it, it depends the experience do you have, this is random, i don't have a method to detroy it.

Vs Nightshade:
lol, is not necessary to say, i think a noob can do that.

Vs Helbender:
just need to evades the shock combos, and use any method like before.

Vs Scavenger:
Not available! is Protected from DVirus, lol6.

Sorry for my grammar, hope you understand me. :P

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
Supreme_Venom View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 10:33am
lol6?

haha, yah you might be right, but you have to look at this from a neutral perspective.. Everyone can do better in one vehicle then the other, that would mean tons of adjustemens in this tutorial. So I'm just assuming everyone is equally bad or equally good and what the best odds would be according to that.
F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Supreme_Venom

Yah I'm busy trying to figure that one out as well lol... I have that same problem with the Raptor & The Fury.

So far I think it depends on your vehicle position. If you shoot the tail or engine of the vehicle there is a high chance to destroy it in one hit. (Raptor, Fury, Scorpion) And I tried it out facing with the head forward to the longbow and seems to be working so far not getting destroyed in 1 hit.

Maybe that the Tutorial about weapons from Kali & Incremental will give more insight to that.
Raptor:
If the Raptor has lost some health ( a tiny bit) it would be enough with 1 avril!
If the Raptor has full health, it can take a avril to the sides without dying...
But if you get a direct hit to the front while u are moving forward, u die!
Same if you try out run a avril, direct in the rear you explode, so try and go sideways in air while dodging avril..( very hard)
My best tip to players who want to "master" raptor, is learn to turn the vehicle very early... almost to early!! That way you keep the forward speed up, and at the same time a smooth motion..
Second best tip is find a flying pattern! Ex: Suspense: In the start take out the other raptor, wait! And the same again. Now the Udamage is up go take ONE, not two.
 take out raptor again... Fly bck and get link. Fly bck up take the second Udamage, then kill the other raptor again... All this and at the same time keep up with lifts/guarding!.. try and fly alongside walls and builings..
cool.
Krister
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 3:37pm

ya, don't worry mate. Scavenger is a pretty vehicle, :p I love DScavenger lol6.

lol6, nothing important, is just an icon that i like it.

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 3:38pm
yeahhh, is pretty nice see 2 raptors dancing in suspense for ouwn survival. hahaha

but there are a trick to defead a raptor.

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123