| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Custom Content
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

HowTo: Installing custom maps on your PS3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HowTo: Installing custom maps on your PS3
    Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 9:35am
I've been asked several times by people on how to install custom maps, so here's a guide with pretty pictures to simplify the prcess.

Step 1. Download the map/pack

In this example I have found a link to a pack with tdm maps. First thing I do is click the link.
Most downloads have to be done from PC with exceptions such as ut3mod.com.

Next you just have to find the button download on the page. Seeing this pack was uploaded to rapidshare.de, we have to scroll down and click free instead.

Scroll down again, enter the validation code and press download.
After you have selected a location for the download and the download finishes you go on to step 2.

Step 2. Unrar (if needed)

If a file such as this one ends in .rar (OtherTDM.rar) it means the files have been compressed in order to make it a smaller file and a faster download. It's also usefull in packaging files.
In order to unrar it one needs a program such as winrar or 7zip.

A simple google search leads me to www.winrar.nl .
Luckily the english version's here too though, so all we have to do is select the proper download.
After you finish downloading, just install the program to a location of your choice.

After installing, look up the the downloaded map pack on your computer.
Rightclick the file and extract it.

Now that it's done extracting the file you have the uncompressed files available, just 1 step remaining.

Step 3. Import into the game

Now we have to get the file on the Ps3.
To do this we need to connect a USB device. It can be a USB stick, MP3 player, PSP or something else, as long as you can store files on it.
You can only do 1 map at a time, so lets start off installing DM-Intercept.

Go into the map and copy the USERDATA.JAM file.

Find your USB device and paste the USERDATA.JAM file in the main directory (don't put it in a new map).

* insert coming youtube video here *
Go on your Ps3, start up the game and from the main menu go to community > Mod browser.
Press square and select your USB device.
Now it will start importing, and once it's done (the time it takes depends on several things such as how many mods are already installed and how large the mod you're trying to import is) you will have your map/mod installed on your Playstation, ready to be used.

Done.

So, in short:

Step 1. Download
Step 2. Unrar (if needed)
Step 3. Import into the game

Servers carrying custom maps:
(Post your server info in order to be added to the list)

BananaSupremacy: Custom maps
Eastcoast 80 dedicated server (Midnightgaming)
Duel, PUG or clanmatch.

DM
EC Map pack 1      -  Heatray-LE - ShangriLa-FE - 1on1-Penetrated-LE - Liandri - Bonescraper -
HOLP 2 Map pack  - Bonescraper - Echelon -
OtherTDM              - Intercept - Arise - 1on1-Pure - Devolve - Agony3-SE - DE_Ironic - {FO}Codex-2008 - Downpour -

CTF

HOLP 2 Map pack  - Cardinal - Razor - 
OtherCTF               - Spoondog - Sesmar - Spirito - AtheaCE -

MadeForWar
Eastcoast 80 dedicated server (Midnightgaming)
Duel or PUG.

DM
EC Map pack 1      -  Heatray-LE - ShangriLa-FE - 1on1-Penetrated-LE - Liandri - Bonescraper -
Other                    - I'll update this later today probably - They're all downloadable from the downloadlist for BananaSupremacy -

CTF

Other                    - Spoondog -

(PS. I know this isn't the proper section, but else people wouldn't read it)
Supreme_Venom View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 9:49am
Nice =) The link you gave me earlier also had a tutorial about it:

Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 9:51am
I know, but it covered installing from ut3mod.com, not from a .rar file such as the map pack rico put together.
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 9:59am
hmmmm ok, cant wait to start playing these custom maps in public.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 10:01am
Closest thing to that I've seen so far are PUGs on custom maps.
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 10:06am
what about HangingGarden, can the servers support that map?
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 10:10am
Xerxes keeps bugging me after that map. At the moment it does not.
I've made a list of pretty much all maps I've tried and linked to it in that one thread WOPR made on the subject in the custom maps thingey.
gamer101 View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote gamer101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 4:07am
where does it say on ps3 menu community?CryCryCryCryCryCryAngryOuchSleepyWink
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 4:17am
Originally posted by gamer101

n00b????

Ah well.

Unreal Tournament 3 - Main Menu - its the second last option in the menu... from there you will find the Mod Browser option...

You're sure you're on PS3? xD
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Darkn3ss is QnL

Originally posted by gamer101

n00b????

Ah well.

Unreal Tournament 3 - Main Menu - its the second last option in the menu... from there you will find the Mod Browser option...

You're sure you're on PS3? xD
why is he shouting??? lol im not sure if hes even on this planet
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 1:05pm
Lol I said I'd put a video with it showing how to import for clarity but forgot to actually do it
The Keyboard Samurai View Drop Down
Please....Listen to me whine

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Keyboard Samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2013 at 5:19pm
This thread does not help me - maybe its juse but the links are dead and the explanation is in another language and doesn't even look like a ps3 server folder.
- Help pls- [break the mould- show me peopel can still be nice] 
Cloudy_Serendipity View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 7:25am
It is correct instructions, it's just showing how to download and unpack the maps/mods from the file hosting... it doesn't show the ps3 interface at all.

If you really want custom maps for your ps3, you need to download them onto a PC or laptop from wherever ( I have some custom maps on my own file hosting and the link should be active still... see link in my sig)  and instal them one at a time using a USB memory stick. All custom files for UT3 on ps3 are called userdata.jam, hence why only one can be done at a time from the root of the USB stick. Upload them using the mod browser in the community section of the UT3 game. Hope this helps.
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream

Map Hosting: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6luhe8b1pj52y/Cloudy's%20Files
The Keyboard Samurai View Drop Down
Please....Listen to me whine

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Keyboard Samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 8:54am
Thanks cloudy-- i think i should have been more specific.
- Its not the PS3 stuff im interested in - its getting the PS3 custom maps to work on  a server.

-- Its the server help i need- But, big thank you for the response and i think i got it working anyway.

- Also - if your from UK- test/ check your ping on my server, see if you enjoy being there and feel free to make requests.- and report back with your average ping would be nice.

Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2013 at 6:32am
Ok i understand. I can actually help you with that, i used to run a server for PcX. a lot of the maps i have for servers dedicated to ps3 play are on my file share also. Have you checked out the guide in the custom content section about PC for ps3 dedicated servers? Or you can pm me on here. I still do remote help for the guy who currently runs the PcX server. You're lucky i like to help people lol

What's the name of your server? I'll check it out when I'm next on.

Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2013 at 6:08pm
Why?

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2013 at 11:47pm
Some people still play, i still do play a bit. if he wants to do it then leave him to it. It doesn't hurt anyone.

Post Reply Post Reply