| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Player Interviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGet To Know a UT3 Player - Lunchy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get To Know a UT3 Player - Lunchy
    Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 8:59pm

Welcome everyone to the Get to Know a UT3 Player. I am your host JPINATOR. If you read any of the past thread posts on top UT3 players, this players names gets mentioned on almost all of them in the Warfare category, he is a legend and one of the most fair and kind players around and his shock combos don’t lie either. I am proud to interview this player due to the fact that I have watched and learned a few things from this person and I know some of you have also. I would like to introduce you to Lunchy!

Let’s learn the basics.

What is your age?

Sex?
Male

Where are you from?
Michigan

What is your real name?
Adam, but nobody calls me that

What do you do outside of UT3?
Uh, lately, I play a lot of basketball, running, mow my yard, play other video games and mess around with my car!

Those of us that knows you, know that you have a deep passion for your car, would you please enlighten us with some information about your little baby in the garage?

My car, um, well it’s an Mk3 Supra, 1988, it’s a Group A wide body, single turbo, as far as passion, I also have a car club, 4ceFed, just a bunch of cool people with force induction vehicles! My best friend has a 92 3000GT, Dodge Neon SRT4, 2ndGen Talon, 2ndGen Eclipse, FD3S RX7!

I don’t know what any of that means, but I’m sure it’s some good stuff haha!

Without giving too much away, can you please share with us some of your pointers that you utilize in game?

Be unpredictable, learn about your opponent, def learn your maps, and I know this sounds corny, but treat people you meet online they way you wanna be treated, i.e. be nice!

What goes through your mind when you are strategizing?

um, well, since we/I are no longer playing competitively, a great stat has always been misdirection, like on Downtown, have your orb carrier come in through the main entrance with jump boots and have someone else coming in through the back door a few seconds before hand and get the node defenders to turn around and not worry about the orb carrier for a few seconds!

What are your favorite maps?

OnyxCoast is my fav, Sinkhole, DT, MarketD, Reflection, Suspense, Hydrosis,Defiance, Rising Sun

Ok, why did you pick those maps?

Onyx Coast, for some reason I just can’t seem to lose on that map, even if I’m out numbered!  I am a huge fan of balanced maps, and Islander is just soo retarded, but for just fun, islander is cool!

Maps you hate?

Islander, Coret, Sentinel,Fearless

Why do you hate those maps?

Basically, if it’s unbalanced I hate it, or if I don’t know it very well ;)  I also dislike maps with tight corridors, people just shoot spam flak down the hall and hope they hit something!

What are your thoughts on the Titan pack?

Meh, it was a decent add on for free I can’t really complain, I just wished they would have dubbed down the titan, it was just too crazy for my taste!

What are some of your dislikes about this game?

Not a lot really, overall it’s an improvement from 2k4 for me anyway! Some people in UT3 annoy me; I’m not soo down on team stacking, unless it’s the fifth time going into a room, and the same people on one team and me and one other person and 3 bots!

We know you like going into a game and get the best battle going, if you could pick people to play with or against, who would they be?

Well, for one JP, Envy, Lunar, Harmerty, Killingspree, actually, I could go on all day,! ;)

What players have helped you achieve your stardom?

Names, again, way too many to describe, all the OG tWc, 99% of GOW, the whole tRi guys seem cool, iAM are all good people, well, here comes my huge shout out list, you of course JP, when I thought you were a young boy, ATX/Brad/Envy, NeoSabin, Harmerty, Cokk, ace, lunar, trainwreck, phantaci, han fei, ghost, killingspree, trainwreck, etc.

I am beginning to think that I was a young boy back in the day since everyone keeps on saying that, I’m starting to believe it.

During your early times on UT3 what was it like being a noob?

It wasn’t as bad as it sounds, ya know, I’m not new to Unreal, so I knew the weapons, I knew what had to be done as far as game modes, it was just a horrid transition from KB&M to the six axis, I did try and use the mouse, but at the time, my keyboard was wireless so it didn’t work well with my PS3!

Do you have any embarrassing moments?

hmm, well, yea plenty, like thinking I grabbed the flag, killed like 10 mofos on the way back to our flag base only to get there and realize that I didn’t have it! ;)  Or , getting ran over by a raptor always makes me feel pretty worthless, most of the time I can hear em, but , like General Custard said, don’t worry about the shots you hear!

Can you remember something that really made you laugh?

Tons of funny kills, shooting people off their board and envy running them over before they hit the ground!  Somehow managing to hover board jump over the node walls in sinkhole?!?!  And the best part of ut3, the reason why I fell in love with the game soo much, is the people with whom I play with, and those who make me laugh constantly! 

Thank you JP for your time, and I’m TRUly honored to even be considered for the interview given all the great players in this community! Cheers

You’re welcome Lunchy and how can you not be considered for an interview? I will admit that I was a little selfish with the pick this week; I wanted to interview Lunchy because he deserves more credit than what he has now. He has taught me a lot and I have no problem calling him one of my teachers, someone I look up too.

Whenever he is on the opposite team I feel like I need to find him and duke it out to prove to him that I can handle his shots, much like a young grasshopper going against his sensei. In my opinion, his name belongs on the wall of fame. I know a few of you have the same feelings when Lunchy is playing, it’s a nice rush when you see him on the other team.

Ok, enough with the ego feeding haha, thanks everyone for reading! See ya next time on, Get to Know a UT3 Player!

Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 9:10pm
good job jen
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 9:32pm
Nice interview JP! Now everyone else will know what the Warfare players already did. Lunchy is one of the best!!!!!
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 9:36pm
Luncy, you are the best of the best in my book. Nobody commands the game like you do in warfare. You have pushed me and everyone else in warfare to our limits. It's because of you that a lot of players practice late nights on warfare maps. Not to mention you are hilarious. Nom Nom Nom! That picture still cracks me up.
aceoblivion View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote aceoblivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 9:44pm
Great job guys!
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 10:10pm

lol why am i being mentioned in all of these damn interviews as a player that helped them reach their stardom?

and damn lunch, how did you forget about spag and ownage?

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
i2ic0chet View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote i2ic0chet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 10:22pm
Good Interview, enjoyed it. :)
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2009 at 3:59pm
Good interview Jp, Lunchy is a class act.
GOW_KillinUGood View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2009 at 4:09pm
Lunchy is an OG (original gunslinger)
jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2009 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by GOW_KillinUGood

Lunchy is an OG (original gunslinger)
true that
shine on you crazy diamond
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2009 at 9:40pm
he was the first person on my friends list...

he drove me into the warfare player i am today. he beasted me up for the longest lol

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2009 at 10:01pm
YAY Lunchy!
K.S. View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote K.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 1:31am
Originally posted by JPINATOR

he deserves more credit than what he has now

Agreed !!

Very under-rated and hella cool guy to game with..

props JP - keep up the good work.

SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 2:35am
aww, thanks JP, and everyone else, to be honest, i am TRUly honored to have played and play along side and with everyone!  UT3 was the first real online community i cared about, great memories, and overall , i dont care what anyone says, this community is solid, ive gotten the most game play outa UT3 for the simple fact, of a bad a ss group of people, you all know who you are! ;)  Cheers
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 2:51pm
Good interview! I loveee reading this kinda stuff coz its always great to get to know people outside of the game seeing as everyone plays alongside each other a lot of the time!

Beast at warfare and you sound like a great chap Adam :D
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 10:40pm
Nice Interview!!!
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
 Post Reply Post Reply