| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Sports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

QB Steve McNair Dies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: QB Steve McNair Dies
    Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 5:14pm
To all you football fans, sad news.

Former quarterback Steve McNair has been killed after suffering a fatal gunshot wound to the head in downtown Nashville...

Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 5:15pm
ouch on the way he died.. dunno who he is tho.
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 5:18pm
wow
i know someone related to him, that has to be difficult for their family.
sad news
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 5:34pm
Wow!  This came from completely out of nowhere.  Now, I feel a bit sorry for hating him. (in a sports sense)  I had nothing personal, except that he was the QB of one of my favorite team's (the Colts) main rivals, so naturally, I wanted to see him screw up, especially when it was the Titans vs. the Colts, Rams, or Chiefs.. or Ravens, though the Colts was the one where I usually had the most dislike towards him.
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 5:45pm
I pray he was saved.
SRC_ROLLTIDE View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 6:56pm
he was shot in the head for sure?  I had not heard that yet
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
AKA: RollTideAlabama, Rage-of-ROLLTIDE, Fear-of-ROLLTIDE
LAWL_SHOCKZ View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote LAWL_SHOCKZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 6:57pm
i just read it on aol.com, he was 36 and shot in the head :/
yup. i'm done.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 6:57pm
damn, famous ppl falling left and right, who's next?
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 7:14pm
a lot of you peeps have forgotten that David Carradine of Kung Fu fame (and who played the priest in Kill Bill) also died.  Of mysterious circumstance but dead nonetheless.  also Ed McMahon of Jonny Carson, Star Search and Publishers ClearingHouse fame also died.  so the count so far is

MJ
Farrah Fawcett
David Carradine
Billy Mays
Steve McNair

I have a feeling I missed someone but that's all I remember so far..

D

_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 7:18pm
wtf when did this happen???

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by _EnVy_

wtf when did this happen???

Im assuming ur talking about Carradine.  if so June 3rd.  see:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Carradine

shame as he was a cool dude.
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 8:54pm
TRU story, im telling this because it makes me soooo mad!  I see people driving around with Dale Earnhardt stickers that say RIP and what not!  So i follow some of these people, and some of these people stop at gas stations, and i walk up to them and ask polietly, have you ever had a relative die, some one you loved?  There answer 85% of the time is, YES, then i say, .."well i see you hold Dale Earnhardt in more regard than your own family"  ...get back in my car and haul ass!! Sad people care about a celebrity whom they never met and who dont know they exist, more than there own goddamn family!  
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Potorikan

a lot of you peeps have forgotten that David Carradine of Kung Fu fame (and who played the priest in Kill Bill) also died.  Of mysterious circumstance but dead nonetheless.  also Ed McMahon of Jonny Carson, Star Search and Publishers ClearingHouse fame also died.  so the count so far is

MJ
Farrah Fawcett
David Carradine
Billy Mays
Steve McNair

D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_McMahon

I actually looked this up a few days ago (when trying to figure out who he was again.. lol..), it's not Publisher's Clearing House. (see the article, for what it really was)  He also was that guy in the Cash4Gold commercial,  along with MC Hammer, in case you forgot.

Also, apparently, there was another celebrity that passed away recently, as a member of TS4.net posted this:

Originally posted by Firearms 136

Well, I have some very sad news to report.  Whether you know about him or not, Karl Malden, an Oscar-winning actor, has just died today at the age of 97.  A tragic loss to Hollywood indeed, but at least he lived life to the fullest. ;(

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org/oscarwinning-actor-karl-malden-dead-97-ap

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2009 at 6:58am
Originally posted by SilverJ-17

MJ
Farrah Fawcett
David Carradine
Billy Mays
Steve McNair

D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_McMahon

I actually looked this up a few days ago (when trying to figure out who he was again.. lol..), it's not Publisher's Clearing House. (see the article, for what it really was)  He also was that guy in the Cash4Gold commercial,  along with MC Hammer, in case you forgot.

Also, apparently, there was another celebrity that passed away recently, as a member of TS4.net posted this:

Originally posted by Firearms 136

Well, I have some very sad news to report.  Whether you know about him or not, Karl Malden, an Oscar-winning actor, has just died today at the age of 97.  A tragic loss to Hollywood indeed, but at least he lived life to the fullest. ;(

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org/oscarwinning-actor-karl-malden-dead-97-ap

yea I remember Karl Malden from The Streets of San Francisco (i know, I'm showing my age here) with Michael Douglas.  it was a great cop show.  He also used to do those American Express Commercials.
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2009 at 7:41am
Dom Deluise was a popular comedian from the 80's (cannonball run, smokey and the bandit, etc).  He died in May.

and Han, the villain from Enter the Dragon died in June
THE_KING_ETERNAL View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote THE_KING_ETERNAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2009 at 10:43am
this is crazy first my boy sean taylor now mcnair.
QwEsT View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote QwEsT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2009 at 10:44am
R.I.P. Steve McNair
PSN: qwest4victory    A-R_l2eQwEsT
XBL: ViTuHMiN C
TheProdigy View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheProdigy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2009 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

TRU story, im telling this because it makes me soooo mad!  I see people driving around with Dale Earnhardt stickers that say RIP and what not!  So i follow some of these people, and some of these people stop at gas stations, and i walk up to them and ask polietly, have you ever had a relative die, some one you loved?  There answer 85% of the time is, YES, then i say, .."well i see you hold Dale Earnhardt in more regard than your own family"  ...get back in my car and haul ass!! Sad people care about a celebrity whom they never met and who dont know they exist, more than there own goddamn family!  

ur crazy, but your right.

its sad, but does not bother me much, cuz like u said.. hes jus someone famous, not someone i really know.
Damn, "Hes a Beast!" No..
Hes a Real Life "Prodigy"
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2009 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

You know what before the final of Wimbledon today (tennis) I would have totally agreed with this statement however... The thing is sometimes celebrities touch our lives in ways that family can't, sometimes they can inspire you to other levels. For me its sports stars that I admire and a few musicians but everyone varies. Anyway lunchy last time I checked they weren't selling any car stickers of my grandad ;)

But I get what your saying and you make a good case, genuine inspiration is something different to those c*** suckers who display affection to fit in with the crowd or look cool.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2009 at 8:29pm

MJ
Farrah Fawcett
David Carradine
Billy Mays
Steve McNair

D

i forgot about that Carradine guy
No pension to retire <_<
Cloudy_Serendipity View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2009 at 8:36pm

MJ
Farrah Fawcett
David Carradine
Billy Mays
Steve McNair

D

This sort of thing is meant to come in 3s (if you're superstitious that is) but damn it seems like the grim reaper has just come back from a really long holiday and feels a little behind on his work Confused
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream

Map Hosting: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6luhe8b1pj52y/Cloudy's%20Files
 Post Reply Post Reply