| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Custom Content
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Idea for a mod

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Idea for a mod
    Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 12:06pm
I've been playing VCTF since the release and always thought that this might be a cool idea.

Say the score is 2-1 to the red team, both teams have the flags and its coming up to 00.00 on the clock, now instead of the game just ending and the red team winning I think it might be cool if some kind of golden overtime comes into play.

If the red team can return their flag then they have won instantly without having to cap, however if the blue team can keep the red teams flag active without it being returned and score then it enters proper or 'normal' overtime.

I just think its a shame when teams are so close and its an epic battle only for the clock to count down to ruin all the intense fun.

***Not sure if this would be a mod or something epic would have to do***
GOW_KillinUGood View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 12:19pm
We as a clan were talking about making capturable nodes for VCTF.  These nodes would be the only way to acquire vehicles, and would make for a better/less campy VCTF.  So far it has been all talk, but I see the potential for this game mode.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 1:02pm
Yeah that actually sounds like a very very good game mode! It would bring a whole new level of strategy!
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 1:30pm
Mode-hybrids didn't work so well when Epic did them, right?  However, I can see fan-made ones being a bit more fun.. lol.. and if this turns out to be great, then it will be sad, on Epic's behalf, since a group of fans can make a better crossbred mode that Epic itself.  Either way, good luck, on getting your idea to work.  I hope it works, because it sounds like a great idea, even better than...

TDM + (V)CTF (Greed) or DM + TDM + instagib, on a pure server + a twist (Betrayal)

.. though I still consider Betrayal awesome, or at least more enjoyable than Greed.  Actually, maybe a similar hybrid could be done for Greed, should the VCTF one work.
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2009 at 1:33pm
Lol Greed is quite terrible :P
 Post Reply Post Reply