| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Custom Content
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

I'm not a tech savvy guy..HELP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote DahBlackWorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm not a tech savvy guy..HELP
    Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:06pm
Everyone's telling me to download these maps that are on the threads, but I can't seem to unpack em' right!!!  I put them all onto my sd card and imported, and then when it unpacks, nothing is there. It loads and everything but nope, no maps.. The only ones I have managed to import successfully are the ones on the browser ahhaha.. Someone want to take some time and explain to my newb-self what the deal is? Am I forgetting to unzip before I put it into the card? 
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:11pm
yeah all u need is  the userdata.jam or w.e it was callled on the card
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 9:16pm
what format are they in when you try to import them? they need to be .jam files. and you can only have one at a time on your sd card unless you put them in separate folders.
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 10:08pm
And the userdata.jam file needs to be in the 'root' of the drive....no folders.  You can store them in folders (just to keep them handy on the sd card)  but when you actually import it the jam file cannot be in a folder.  That's why you can only import 1 at a time.
None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
SRC_ROLLTIDE View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 12:05am
download them one at a time, you cant do Userdata(1).jam Userdata(2).jam etc all at one time, I finally figured that out....i had to download them one at a time then delete it off the jump drive, then download another map and load it to the PS etc

Im sure there is an easier way but hey the blind dog finds the bone every now and then
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
AKA: RollTideAlabama, Rage-of-ROLLTIDE, Fear-of-ROLLTIDE
DahBlackWorm View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote DahBlackWorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 10:28am
bingo.. had em all in the same folder.. thankssss it works now.. thanks a bunch guys lol
M-Rox View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote M-Rox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 12:58pm
I'm having the same issue but I have no folders & the mod gets stuck unpacking. Allover DM. I have nothing on the drive except that mod. HELP!
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 1:07pm
is it a userdata.jam file? if so, erase it from the drive. then re-download it to the drive and try again.
M-Rox View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote M-Rox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by BAIN

is it a userdata.jam file? if so, erase it from the drive. then re-download it to the drive and try again.

I tried it didn't work & I also tried different flashdrives.
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 1:11pm
Dont know if some of you have come across the same issues but some DL that i've unpacked have wiped out all the DL content including Titan pack. These are the ones that have been packed/compressed using Winrar. The community bonus pack (one with the characters) does what youre describing unpacks 100% but doesn't install fully. Evven when I DL via PSN!
Check your hard drive, do you have room to install? Also which site(s) are you DL from?
M-Rox View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote M-Rox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 1:17pm
Hard drives almost empty still, ut3mods.com. I'm about done trying.
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 5:36pm
Then i'm stumped unless you have a dodgy bus connection to your hard drive? That might not affect your game but could corrupt your data. This is pure speculation you've covered the obvious it seems.
M-Rox View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote M-Rox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

Then i'm stumped unless you have a dodgy bus connection to your hard drive? That might not affect your game but could corrupt your data. This is pure speculation you've covered the obvious it seems.

Have a 60kps broadband connection.
AHHH! I'm SCREWED I'll never figure it out.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 11:02am
Call Sony.
GOW_KillinUGood View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 11:26am
Sometimes the data gets corrupted when transferring to your thumb drive from the computer.  If you copy/paste it to the thumb drive and it transfers really fast (5 seconds), It most likely didn't transfer correctly.  It would normally take about 20 seconds to move the data from your computer onto the thumb drive.  I have loaded hundreds of maps/mods onto my playstation, and numerous times I've had a mod never fully unpack in the ut3 mod browser.  Just retransfer the file onto the thumbdrive (overwriting the previous userdata.jam file) and try try again

*Ouch, I feel for anyone who hasn't been using custom content for the past year, It is the only way to keep the game fresh, you can't possibly be playing the same few stock maps over and over and over and over.  I wouldn't have been playing this game after the first 3 months of owning this game if it wasn't for custom maps.
M-Rox View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote M-Rox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 11:34am
I have other D/L's that work great btw Flatwars f-ing hilarious. It's just all over DM that won't work.
 Post Reply Post Reply