FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

SNES or Genesis?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SNES or Genesis?
    Posted: 26 Jul 2009 at 10:46pm
Which did you own/Which was better?
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2009 at 10:57pm
i had the genesis.  never owned a ninendo system til the Wii, which collects dust.  god i miss my genesis....i have to find it.
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2009 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Ether404

i had the genesis.  never owned a ninendo system til the Wii, which collects dust.  god i miss my genesis....i have to find it.

why didn't you go for the SNES?  the genesis was better for sports games mostly (and their censorship stance was not as strict as the Big N) but other than that the SNES was the superior system imo. 
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 12:22am
Owned both and both were equally as impressive. I remember like it was yesterday when Nintendo's NES came out. It was a revolution. Mario everywhere. Everyone had to own it and it was an expensive $99. Then Sega released Genisis and blessed us with Sonic and Ecco. It was amazing.
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 2:26am
I can't tell which one was better because I only owned Sega Genesis. SNES was an awesome system, no doubt about it. But in my opinion, I have to say SNES.

Here are my reasons:
1. The graphics were on point, similar to Sega Genesis.
2. SNES had better games such as Turtles in Time, Super Mario World, Legend of Zelda, Mario RPG: The Seven Stars (I think), Killer Instinct, Donkey Kong Country, etc.
3. It was the first system ever to have 4 players playing together and/or against each other using multi tap (I think).
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 3:33am
good points

The graphics were actually better.  a side by side comparison of MK2 was enough for that.  also it has something called Mode 7 scaling which was revolutionary at the time (play contra or most konami games and you'll see this in action on the boss levels)  it was what made F Zero so hot because of the rotating FX.

as for the titles.  genesis beat it in sports but fighting games and everything else was SNES.  Sega didn't care about the gore so they had all the blood on thier games (mk1 on the SNES was horrible with it's green blood!) 

as for the multi tap I believe you are correct.  it was bomber man that introduced this peripheral.  the designers really maxed the graphics with games like killer instinct and dk country.  they even looked and played better than most Sega CD games (anyone remember night trap.. ugh)

ether... just get a nintendo points card and you can download many of the cla**ics from genesis (including golden axe columns streets or rage sonic etc)  the virtual console with the Wii is what gives it the best value
jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 3:31pm
still have em both. snes is only better because DonkeKongCountry KillerInstinct and one cla**ic i cant remember the name for..........it kinda reminds me of unreal though
shine on you crazy diamond
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 3:56pm
SNES not because it was a better console but the games library made your b4lls drag on the floor with excitement! Nintendo are the best at games for sheer fun and laughs imo. Actually owned original SEGA Megadrive and NES- played NES cos of Mario. SEGA had IKARI warriors and shoot em ups as well as Sonic but give me Donkey Kong, Zelda and Mario Bros any day!
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 3:58pm
how could i forget the legend of zelda =)
shine on you crazy diamond
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 5:04pm
yeah IMO snes had the better games overall IMO of any system even to date i still play my snes games we're talkin about chrono trigger secret of mana illusion of gaia r-type etc etc ..anyways yeah i vote for snes
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 6:11pm
yea potorikan...i have purchased a few games for the Wii like the cla**ics and such.  let me tell you.  i have died more times in Super Mario World then i have today in UT3.  stupid ****ing spin jump. 

btw....what about the Sega Master System?  my brother had that.  NOW that, was rubbish...

and Crow....a fan of R-Type?  sweet.  here i thought i was the only one who like side scrolling shooters.

this was for the PS2. R-Type Final

If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
SRC_ROLLTIDE View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 6:14pm
SUPER NINTENDO!!!!!!
DONKEY KONG ALL DAY!!!!
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
AKA: RollTideAlabama, Rage-of-ROLLTIDE, Fear-of-ROLLTIDE
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Ether404

yea potorikan...i have purchased a few games for the Wii like the cla**ics and such.  let me tell you.  i have died more times in Super Mario World then i have today in UT3.  stupid ****ing spin jump. 

btw....what about the Sega Master System?  my brother had that.  NOW that, was rubbish...

and Crow....a fan of R-Type?  sweet.  here i thought i was the only one who like side scrolling shooters.

this was for the PS2. R-Type Final

yeah it looks sick i never did play that one i wanted to though but lookinat that video it looks far too easy compared to other R-Type games ive played on my ps3 i have the PS1 R-Types now if you like shooters i know this isnt side scrolled but still bad a** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZEGyrEnXrk 
<<<only reason i got a dreamcast one of the most amazing games ive ever played

Post Reply Post Reply