| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Best Console: 5G

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which was the best 5th Gen Console?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [7.69%]
8 [61.54%]
4 [30.77%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Console: 5G
    Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 11:35pm
U know the drill.. pick ur faves or comment
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 12:05am
Wow, I kind of though that the 3DO was this gen, but I didn't expect the Jaguar.  I thought Atari retired sooner than that and that the Jaguar was in one of the previous gens.  I've never heard of the Amiga one.  As for the other three, I had a Sega Saturn game (It came with several other games I was given to by a friend.), but never had the system itself.

As for the N64, I really did like this system and kind of wished I had more play-time with it, but my life kind of got twisted turned upside down around then and in the end, I didn't have that system anymore, so I never got to experience OoT or MM.  The only games I had for it where Crusin's USA, some Mace fighting game, Mario 64, Goldeneye, and a few others.

Now, for the PS.. this little system is what got me into Sony, like millions of other people.  I had lots of PS1 games and still have some today.  It was freakin' awesome and even though I might of had (or have) a different opinion about the N64, I'm pretty sure I'd still prefer the PS1 more, though I was bit more casual back then and played NASCAR games ('99, '00, '01 (and on the PS2, '03, '04, '06)), sports games, racing games (especially arcade..  Arcade > Simulation (like Gran Turismo)) in general, several random games, and Crash (2 and 3) every now and then, I'll still pick PS1.
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 12:15am
Originally posted by SilverJ-17

Wow, I kind of though that the 3DO was this gen, but I didn't expect the Jaguar.  I thought Atari retired sooner than that and that the Jaguar was in one of the previous gens.  I've never heard of the Amiga one.  As for the other three, I had a Sega Saturn game (It came with several other games I was given to by a friend.), but never had the system itself.

As for the N64, I really did like this system and kind of wished I had more play-time with it, but my life kind of got twisted turned upside down around then and in the end, I didn't have that system anymore, so I never got to experience OoT or MM.  The only games I had for it where Crusin's USA, some Mace fighting game, Mario 64, Goldeneye, and a few others.

Now, for the PS.. this little system is what got me into Sony, like millions of other people.  I had lots of PS1 games and still have some today.  It was freakin' awesome and even though I might of had (or have) a different opinion about the N64, I'm pretty sure I'd still prefer the PS1 more, though I was bit more casual back then and played NASCAR games ('99, '00, '01 (and on the PS2, '03, '04, '06)), sports games, racing games (especially arcade..  Arcade > Simulation (like Gran Turismo)) in general, several random games, and Crash (2 and 3) every now and then, I'll still pick PS1.

yeah the jaguar was a nice machine but it wasnt a true 64 bit as they were pushing it.  it did have a great primal rage port but then again so did the SNES lol.  PS1 is the definative system Ii'll admit but I never got into it.  by that time I was already over the video crazy I was going through and fell off.  I voted 64 because it was the last game I truly enjoyed once Disc based systems took over.  mario 64 was THE game to get and it was worth buying the system for.  in some ways it still is lol.
 Post Reply Post Reply