| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Server Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

IRC Guide How To Setup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote i2ic0chet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IRC Guide How To Setup
    Posted: 15 Aug 2009 at 12:05am
For those of you who have seen some posts about irc and have no idea how to set it up so you can join in on chatting, here you go.  This is strictly a guide on how to set up an account on irc and join the iamgaming channel and lots of other channels.   You will be creating a nickname and registering it with the irc server.  Follow these simple instructions to get where you need to be.

1. First you must download and install IRC.  This can be down at http://www.mirc.com .

2.  Once you install IRC, start the program. A window will pop up asking you to either "Register" or "Continue"  You do not have to pay to use IRC it is FREE.  If the continue button is not available to be selected, give it time it will eventually become available to click.  Click "Continue" to bring up the mIRC program. Once it loads up you should see something like this:

As you can see there is information to be filled out for full name, email, nickname, etc . . .  Fill this out and more importantly make sure you fill out the nickname box. After you do this click on "server" under the "Connect" tab as shown in the image above.

3. Once you click on server another box will appear with a server list.  Since the server you need to connect to is not found in this list, you will need to add it.  To do this, simply Click the "ADD" Button. Doing this brings up another window asking for some information to be filled out for the new server you are adding.  Description, irc server: , ports, group, pa**word, etc . . .  The Image below displays this.  For the description of the server we are going to call it GameRadius.  For IRC Server, the server is "irc.gameradius.org (without the quotes). Everything else can be left the way it is.  It should look something like the image below.

Click "ADD" to add the server to the server list. Now simply click on "GameRadius" in the IRC Servers box to highlight.  Once you do this press the Select button.  Now you are ready to connect to GameRadius.  After pressing select, you should have been brought back to the window from the 1st Image.  Notice the IRC Server says "GameRadius".  Click "Connect" to connect to gameradius

4.  Once you are connected to the server a window will pop showing a long list of channels that you can connect to.  You can close this window so that we can register your nickname to the server. (GameRadius). 

You should see a chat window with a blinking cursor allowing you to type.  We are going to register you nickname to the server so we must type a command inside the chatbox to do that.  The command we will be typing is "/ns register *username* *pa**word*" all that without the quotes.  Here's an example:

If my nick is ricochet and I want to register to the server I would type

/ns register ricochet bluedevils 

ricochet is my username and bluedevils is my pa**word.  When you do this correctly you will be notified in the chat window that your account and nickname have been registered to you.  It should look something like this.

Now that your nickname has been registered. You are ready to join iAMGaming's channel.

5.  To join channels you simply type a command in the chat window.  The command to join a channel is /join  or  /j.      So for example if I wanted to join iamgaming I would type:

/join #iamgaming

Type that and press enter and you should join iamgaming's channel and it should look something like this:

Now you are ready to chat with players in this channel.  You can stay in this channel as long as you want and chat it up. 

Now some users asked me "What if I close mIRC and the next day I open it again? Will I have to type that register command in again to join #iamgaming?" 

The answer to that question is yes, however there is a way to have the program do it for you automatically.  I will show you how to do so.

With mIRC opened and running click on
Tools > Options > Under the "Connect" drop down menu select "Options" > Now click the button "Performance"    You should see an image like this.

Once you get to this window, under the "Performance Commands" Box; you can type any command you want and it will perform this command each time you connect.  Since we have already registered your nickname to the server, you will have to "authenticate" it each time you connect.  So lets go ahead and type that command in the box.

6.  The "authenticate" command is very similar to the "register" command.  The authenticate command is typed like so. 
(EXAMPLE)

/ns auth ricochet bluedevils

Here we are authenticating ricochet's registered account with the pa**word set to bluedevils.

Press enter to go to the next line.   Now type

/join #iamgaming    

Now you have two commands that will be executed.  There's just one last thing to make sure these commands are executed each time you connect to GameRadius.  And that is, the "Enable Perform on Connect" box.  Make sure this box is checked, otherwise these commands will not execute on connection and you will have to type them in the chat window.  So lets make sure we check that box eh.  Your box should look something like this image.

Click "Ok" and you are all set. 

If any of you have questions please do not hesitate to PM me, I'm usually online and will answer your questions.  I hope this really helps you all out, well for those who wish to use the program.  Using this program will benefit the community in the long run, so please support.  

Thank you all and hope to see you in #iamgaming. 

RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2009 at 3:29am
Please take the time to do this! All you need to do is follow the directions and idle! We need a minimum of 10 idlers to receive a bot for the upcoming league! This bot will feature drafting players, stat tracking, and many more!
name_is_clantag
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2009 at 8:53pm
We need more idlers in here!
name_is_clantag
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2009 at 8:55pm
im so lost right now!!!
im tryin to do it, give me a min.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
i2ic0chet View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote i2ic0chet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2009 at 9:04pm
Rican PM me if you have issues, I will be glad to help you.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2009 at 9:33pm
ight, this took me about 10 mins.
if you got time, do this, its for a good cause!!Wink
Watch in 720P....duh
INCReMENTAL View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 9:53am
Ill look at it tonight if I get a chance and Ill idle at all times once I get it up.

Thanks guys, Inc...
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 9:24pm
We need more idlers in the channel! we just got a pug bot in there and we need more people in here to support!
name_is_clantag
Wong_City View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wong_City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 3:45pm
WONG
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 5:06pm
WonG Sh!tY in the house!
Watch in 720P....duh
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2009 at 3:04am
ill do it
 Post Reply Post Reply