FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION!!
    Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 2:07pm
No need to worry, Glorious Leader Obama will soon pa** a law banning Bad Weather.

In only 6 months he's solved most of humanities problems and has received the Nobel Peace Prize.

He'll solve global warming over the weekend.

Just when you thought the Nobel committee couldn't outdo itself after awarding the Peace Prize to Ya**er Arafat!
COKKENBALLS View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 3:03pm
Hey, let's be fair. Obama accomplished quite a bit during the nine days he was in office while the Nobel Prize voting was still open.
SRC_ROLLTIDE View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by COKKENBALLS

Again, I remind everyone that if the global warming believers held their belief for reasons other than their political punditry, they would be doing more to save the lives they alledge are at risk.

Cokk I have no political agenda when it comes to global warming. The democrats are just as much to blame as are the republicans on the issue. I do have a problem when you try these subtle character attacks on me when you don't even know me.. I think I have made my point extremely clear and if you still do not understand, well I'm sorry. I don't know how to make it any clearer. At least I acknowledge the possibility of a problem and the consequences of doing nothing as opposed to turning away and not even attempting to contemplate if this is a problem. Therefore you are no better than the rest of us "global warmer believers".    
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
AKA: RollTideAlabama, Rage-of-ROLLTIDE, Fear-of-ROLLTIDE
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by SRC_ROLLTIDE

Again, I remind everyone that if the global warming believers held their belief for reasons other than their political punditry, they would be doing more to save the lives they alledge are at risk.

Cokk I have no political agenda when it comes to global warming. The democrats are just as much to blame as are the republicans on the issue. I do have a problem when you try these subtle character attacks on me when you don't even know me.. I think I have made my point extremely clear and if you still do not understand, well I'm sorry. I don't know how to make it any clearer. At least I acknowledge the possibility of a problem and the consequences of doing nothing as opposed to turning away and not even attempting to contemplate if this is a problem. Therefore you are no better than the rest of us "global warmer believers".    

In regards to my being no better than your fellow "believers", I take exception to that. I do more for the environment than anyone you know. Lumping me in with a bunch of do-nothings who tell the rest of the world how they need to change while doing nothing themselves is ludicrous. The point I was trying to make ever so gently was this. I believe that people who don't vote shouldn't run their mouths about the state of our country. The same goes for the psuedo-environmentalists. If you are not going to do anything about the climate change stop crying about how the world is going to end. If you really believed your own hype, there would be less words and more action. As it stands now, the action column is empty.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 6:57pm
And the point I have been trying to make ever-so-gently is we need to change our energy sources.  I have never one time on here told you or anyone what they need to do or change about themselves.  It is not about forcing people to change but simply to change.  Look, I'm an optimist, but I'm also a realist.  We aren't going back to the horse and buggy days.  We are too set in our ways now.  Fossil fuel was a great thing in 1910, 1950, and even 1990.  But technology has come too far to continue down a dead end road.  That has been my message the whole time.  Not to stop driving your car or anything like that. 

As far as my "action column" I see nothing in yours that is not in mine other than maybe the bio diesel truck.  I think the things you do and I do are good, but they are only a band aid over a festering sore.  I'll say it again, so what if global warming by chance is not as severe or as bad as most scientists think.  Can you think of one negative aspect of changing more to solar energy?  Or harvesting the wind?  It can be done.
I'm not a Congressman.  I do not make the laws.  But I'm using the most powerful tools I have and thats my voice and my pen.  For "real" change that is where you start. 

To write your Senator about this or any other issue:
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm
To write your Representative about this or any other issue:
http://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 7:00pm
No hard feelings, ^^^argument without killing people over it is what this country is about Thumbs Up
No pension to retire <_<
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 7:31pm
*"believers,"
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by SRC_ROLLTIDE

No hard feelings, ^^^argument without killing people over it is what this country is about Thumbs Up
Absolutely no hard feelings at all. If we all believed the same sh1t, there'd be no difference between any of us.
I have stated before and I will state again. We can be friends and not believe the same stuff.
If James Carville can be married to Mary Matalin, we can discuss climate change without hating on each other.

Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 11:06pm
is this one of those soupy Full House moments that make me feel gross? LOL yep yep agreed
No pension to retire <_<
LOL-i-ZER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LOL-i-ZER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2009 at 5:39am
Originally posted by warfare

As the poor countries of the world begin to die off (as you say they will) then the impact of man on global warming will become less and less....voila problem solved. 
Poor countries are not polluating. The rich does. So if they face the global warming effect, their fate will not affect the warming. Guess how many cars, TVs, air conditionning .. have africans ? None of course.
OUCH !! THAT HURTS
Free Agent
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2009 at 8:36pm
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 9:30am
[QUOTE=COKKENBALLS]

Is the earth really warming up?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8299079.stm
[/QUOTE]

Dammit Cokken I refuse to read this garbage! WERE GOIN  TO HAVE TO SEND YOU TO
A POLOITICAL RE EDUCATION CAMP.

This skepticism you are showing, questioning the status quo and conventional wisdom
is just down right stupid! Our glorious leaders and their heroic scientists have commanded that we
beleive global warming is HAPPENING and its OUR FAULT!

We must give up our rights so that they can rescue us from ourselves. It's the only way.

OPEN your EYES and SUBMIT.

Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 6:13pm

Is the earth really warming up?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8299079.stm

crossing my fingers there is something to this
No pension to retire <_<
warfare View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote warfare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2009 at 3:18am

If you've been watching the news lately there has been an interesting development in the on-going drama of global warming.
This ==> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125883405294859215.html is just one article about the "Climate-gate" scandal. 

If the hacked emails and documents are genuine,  and by all accounts so far they appear to be, then at the very least they show the unethical and thuggish instincts of some rather well respected scientists and the institutions they represent - including the much quoted IPCC ...

Edit: Other articles
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2009 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by warfare

If you've been watching the news lately there has been an interesting development in the on-going drama of global warming.
This ==> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125883405294859215.html is just one article about the "Climate-gate" scandal. 

If the hacked emails and documents are genuine,  and by all accounts so far they appear to be, then at the very least they show the unethical and thuggish instincts of some rather well respected scientists and the institutions they represent - including the much quoted IPCC ...

nice post. I read this yesterday. There are lots of cases of the scientific community doing this.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234