Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Tutorials
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Improving Yourself and Your Team by RemY

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
FnA
FnA

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Improving Yourself and Your Team by RemY
    Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 1:18am
Yeah its remy again with another guide. Hope many of you find these tips useful because I'm big into getting inside your head and improving one's self. This guide will benefit all teams and aspiring players who may get into dueling as well into other footmodes.

HOWEVER, THESE TIPS CAN BE APPLIED TO ANY MODE.

Improving Your Game…

Improving your game isn’t about deathmatching , scrimming or pubbing 12 hours a day. Aim is not the only thing involved in FPS, being able to aim does allow you to be a better player but it shouldn’t be the only thing you work on. Improving your clue is about learning from past mistakes and experience. Pub doesn’t give you experience, neither deathmatch. Warring gives you experience but the experience comes with learning from mistakes and gameplay that works. I’m sure a lot of you do things that you really don’t think about the outcome, you probably even do it in real life. If you want to be a good player you need to start thinking about what you’re doing, think about the outcomes, positives and negatives. If something doesn’t work, see why it went wrong, what can you improve? My advice is to get your aim “good enough” then knuckle down and start playing properly, think about everything!!!

If you can do all of this your pretty much set, once you have these done you can expand your team. Remember not to have too much of a big roster you want to know everything about your players and not being using different line ups all the time.

Being Unpredictable…

So you have most likely scrimmed teams in which you can predict what their flagrunners doing exactly every round. This goes the same to the team’s layout. A good man is an unpredictable man. Start mixing up your defenses and offenses because most likely, the other team will be trying to change it up to counter your tactics. The thing is you need to adapt to the other teams play which can be easily done by learning from mistakes. So put your self in the players’ position and work things out! The faster you adapt, the higher your chances of reaching your objective. This goes to ALL objective typed modes

Effective Communication…

This may sound corny to many of you players/teams, but if you want a basic way to create some solid communication is to run around maps and give nicknames to routes, color code them, or memorial names. You need to be specific as possible…

Let’s take Omicron Dawn for example. Flag carrier is camping on top of the minigun bridge that can view the rocket spawns. I would call that place “Heaven” due to the fact you can see through the ground and fire through it.

“Flag Carrier is hiding on Heaven! Corner him!”

You get the idea. Create unique callout spots so they will be easily identifiable…

name_is_clantag
MrPaWwEeZy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote MrPaWwEeZy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 7:02am
lol
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 8:48am
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 8:54am
Yeah I think most people know where certain weapons are or items so thats what I try to use.

As for the small roster... come onn give it a rest already... its the only was some of the bigger clans can actually play because the large numbers ensure more than 4-5 people are online at the same time.
MrPaWwEeZy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote MrPaWwEeZy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 9:06am
yea guys dont say heaven lol, just say minigun, theres one minigun on Omicron dawn lol

RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 9:24am
name_is_clantag
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 9:44am
ha can u pull anything else out your a**? A potential money maker if ur consistent.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 10:54am
Thanks Remy, that being unpredictable really hit home for me. I almost always use the same flag routes and almost always die.
 Post Reply Post Reply