| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > I'm So Smart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Team VAG
Team VAG

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2012
    Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 6:52pm
the difference between a planet and the stars (when looking up at the night sky) stars give off a twinkle while planets give off a solid light (like the moon) so its very easy to spot a planet that is close by
M-Rox View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote M-Rox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 7:29pm
The 2012 date is referred to by many cultures and religions. Very interesting stuff.
hcruiix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hcruiix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Tr(A)1nWr(E)cK

hcruix did you want a movie trailer or a actual documentary? 
Actual documentary wuld b cool but a really well certified comprehensive vid.....btw i do believe this nd no we didnt die in the year 2000 but the mayans calendar didnt end there this time it does. i hope something goes down like something epic but not life-threatening. this sh1t is dope!
psshhhh...yea i killt ya....how bout ya justify my thug!!!
INCReMENTAL View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 8:12pm
The thang is they know the planets are gonna line up on this date in 2012. They say that with the planets lined up there will be some type of gravitational pull that could cause catastrophic events.

IDK if this is all true but I do know for a fact the planets are gearing up to line up on that day and wether anythang happens or not it will be one spectacular day/night to live and see this happen.

But as millenium happened, everyone thought the world was gonna end, that something was gonna happen, the Y2K factor, as a fact nothing happened. So the day will scare a lot of people for sure wether anythang happens or not.
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.
GOW_KillinUGood View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 8:27pm
The previous pa**ings of Planet X corresponds with the previous ice ages, previous pole shifts, the biblical flood, sinking of Atlantis, creations of certain mountain ranges.  I believe they said that every 2nd time around through our solar system, is when the bigger disaster happens.  Depending on where Earth is in our orbit.  Last time around was the biblical flood (not so bad), this time around will be the bigger event.(3rd 5th iceage/polar shift/etc..)  There is hypothesis of previous polar shifts where Alaska was on the equator/  Siberia Russia was tropical.  The North Pole would have been located around Wisconsin or so.  Even a far orbit of Planet X would cause great gravitational forces resulting in ma** earthquakes, volcanoes, ma**ive solar flares, world wide loss of power.
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 8:37pm
I hope zombies rise up and start killing everyone. If that happens everyone can chill at my house.
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 9:11pm
nooo, i prefere be killed for a machine, hahaha, but some ppl of the mayan world says or called this event like: the time no time, they says will be a synchronozation with the sun in the center of the galaxy with pur sun, that will do some natural disasters, so, before this, have portals that according to them, may only be traversed those faithful to his life and with regret, who have understood the meaning of life, but cognitive mention something even I could understand, but anyway, the time no time be based on human consciousness, according to the period ending 21 December. to understand the mistakes we made and we can repair it, it's fascinating to read these articles.

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 10:13pm
I honestly don't believe this ****.  Doomsday prophecies have been out there since the start of civilization, but we didn't start really seeing them again until around 2000 or so.  Ever since Y2k, I swear there has prophecy after prophecy popping up and honestly, this just feels like another one of them.  Who knows, maybe they'll eventually be right (I hope not.. at least when I'm alive.), but 2000, 2001, 6/ 06/ 06, and another date or two (I think) have all been wrong, so what's the chance what 2012 is right?  I do agree that the Mayans were pretty freakin' smart, but I think they're wrong about this one.  Oh, and Nostrdamus?  I could of sworn that they once said that his predicted end of the world was long after 2012. (3000 and something?)

Hmm.. maybe the media's messing around the prophecies' dates.. lol..

Also, how much you want to bet that if 2012 isn't the end, another near future date's going to be chosen and I'm not just talking about 2029? (I think I heard that an asteroid's going to pa** really close something around that year or something.)
SickNviciouS View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 10:30pm
It's a physical impossibility for the planets to line up in a straight line.  Each planet's orbit is relative to it's individual axis (the planets do not orbit the sun on the same "horizontal" plane).  Third grade math says it ain't so.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go commit suicide so I can board the space ship that is hidden in the tail of a comet.  LMAO, the world seems to end every ten years or so.
hcruiix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hcruiix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by GOW_KillinUGood

The previous pa**ings of Planet X corresponds with the previous ice ages, previous pole shifts, the biblical flood, sinking of Atlantis, creations of certain mountain ranges.  I believe they said that every 2nd time around through our solar system, is when the bigger disaster happens.  Depending on where Earth is in our orbit.  Last time around was the biblical flood (not so bad), this time around will be the bigger event.(3rd iceage/polar shift/etc..)  There is hypothesis of previous polar shifts where Alaska was on the equator/  Siberia Russia was tropical...etc,  The North Pole would have been located around Wisconsin or so.  Even a far orbit of Planet X would cause great gravitational forces resulting in ma** earthquakes, volcanoes, ma**ive solar flares, world wide loss of power, etc.
:O oooooooooooohhh a 3rd Ice Age.......woooooooaaahhhh solar flares............ooommmmggg worldd wide loss of power...........ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! etc...........

psshhhh...yea i killt ya....how bout ya justify my thug!!!
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 11:31pm
ya, me too, idk, the mayan calendar end in december 21th, cus they can' finished cus, the spanish arrive and killed them, for that reason the mayans can't finished their calendar, most of ppl think that. lol, 3rd ice age? lol, are you come to mexico? like the movie? the day after tomorrow? lol

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
Hey_Look_its_Trendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hey_Look_its_Trendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2009 at 1:25am
Drop this non-sense you uneducated dolts. Yes, on December 21st 2012 the center of the galaxy and the sun ans earth will come into alignment. This, however, happens every year on Dec. 21st and the 2012 websites just decided to withold that nugget of informmation. And no there is no planet x or nimburu or whatever the f*** they call it. Those 2012 websites site sources that site NASA, but do not site NASA itself. Don't be drawn in by taboo language. 

The Mayan Calendar does not really "end" on 2012, but rather marks the end of a celestial cycle. Due to a phenomenon called the precession of the equinoxes, caused by the Earth's wobble that lasts almost 26,000 years, the apparent location of the Winter Solstice sunrise has been ever so slowly moving toward the Galactic Center. Precession may be understood by watching a spinning top. Over many revolutions the top will rise and dip on its axis, not unlike how the Earth does over an extremely long period of time. One complete rise and dip constitutes the cycle of precession. This was simply a slightly failed prediction on the Solstice Cycle by a primitive culture.

Remember: The Mayan sacrificed human beings (among other things) and also failed to predict the fall of their own civilization, so why the hell should we expect them to be able to predict the end of the world? Wake up people, this is internet humbug. Try reading a book every now and then, you may learn something. Also, any credible physics book you pick up nowadays is hundreds of times more fascinating than this garbage. Damn I hate my species. . . . .
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2009 at 1:47am
lol, me too, i hate mine, lol, i'll give DVirus to skynet for control the machines, hahaha, ya MAN, u already mentionet all about the prophecy.

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2009 at 1:49am
nice copy n paste explanation there.  why does everyone fall for this nonsense?  this is right up there with all the cracks about Nostradamus, the occurences of the number 11 (all tied to 9/11), and sightings of Elvis and Chris Farley.  It all makes for good movie watching but that's about it.  We can allow ourselves to be fascinated by this much like fireworks and eclipses but unlike those things, none of this crap is real but rather more of the usual distorted interpretations of loosely factual and ambigously accurate facts that man is very well known for.  
INCReMENTAL View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2009 at 9:17am
Here it is, copy and paste link. Pretty cool link.

http://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/Solar?date=1&utc=2012%2F12%2F21+11%3A12%3A00&jd=2476948.34564&img=-k0&sys=-Sf&eyes=0&imgsize=320&orb=-b0&lat=47%B0&ns=North&lon=7%B0&ew=East&hlat=90%B0&hns=North&hlon=0%B0&elements=
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2009 at 5:03pm
I find this recent article pretty funny.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091011/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/lt_mexico_apocalypse2012

In other words, our friendly neighborhood Mayan Elder (descent(s) of the original Maya) are basically saying NOTHING is going to happen on 2012, except..

But most archaeologists, astronomers and Maya say the only thing likely to hit Earth is a meteor shower of New Age philosophy, pop astronomy, Internet doomsday rumors and TV specials such as one on the History Channel which mixes "predictions" from Nostradamus and the Mayas and asks: "Is 2012 the year the cosmic clock finally winds down to zero days, zero hope?"

Imo, this is my favorite part..

Chile Pixtun (the Mayan Indian elder), a Guatemalan, says the doomsday theories spring from Western, not Mayan ideas.

Then again.. maybe this is better..

Spooky, perhaps, but Bernal notes there are other inscriptions at Mayan sites for dates far beyond 2012 — including one that roughly translates into the year 4772.

RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2009 at 5:11pm
name_is_clantag
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12