| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Custom Content
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

CTF Football 2k9 w/ video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote VEDA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CTF Football 2k9 w/ video
    Posted: 08 Nov 2009 at 12:33pm
This map doesn't work on a dedicated server but it is an Awesome map to have.

Name CTF-Football_Cla**ic2K9

Version: 1.0

Compatibility: UT3 2.1 [possibly vanilla]

Description:

After being rebuilt several times & enhanced with each pa**, in this third installment of this map we learn more about its .... not so humble beginnings.

Located on a space platform orbiting the planet Mars in our own solar system; Liandri Stadium was originally designed and doubled as a recreation center / proving ground for observers, gamblers, and investors to view the testing of Liandri's most advanced combat machines pitted against each other in fierce battles as part of the fine tuning and endurance testing process while various stages of development with different models evolved & transpired.

Later the arena was used as a staging grounds for Earth's elite humanoid gladiators to hold; both scrimmages, and official ladder matches for the sport of Football in intergalactic competition from neighboring solar systems throughout the galaxy.

Eventually that phase would pa** also, as the Earth's global economy sunk further and farther into ruin, primarily because of poor political appointments, which ultimately led to the downfall of the free markets, eventually stamping out & extinguishing the last remaining bits freedom & democracy ultimately resulting in unrenewed contracts due to the lack of funding & free enterprise.

With times pa**ing a renewed sense of hope was reborn, realizing the potential profits from commercial use of this facility combined with the knowledge that the arena was designed; with the most advanced alloys, reinforced concretes, and hardened metals of the time, ((in fact built to specifications to withstand the blast of even nominal nuclear explosions)) the Liandri Robotics Corporation knowing peoples love and thirst for the blood thirsty sport, eventually opted to convert the stadium into a Capture the flag arena for the Tournament.

Comments:
  • Many custom textures, ((i believe only 2 or 3 modified Epic textures remain on the entire map)
  • Includes original Music Track: Organic.
  • Scaled on par with the Original UT as the 2K4 version felt too large.
  • Substantial additional BSP used for trim and to display the potential and possibilities of the UT3 engine when used in this fashion.
  • This is one of my favorite and one the all time best of the custom non-standard maps for UT1, it had to be brought forward.
  • Lighting & post-processing heavily tweaked and dialed in to work well with both bloom enabled and disabled, neither is too dark nor too light with a neutral brightness setting of 5. I prefer bloom enabled and the darker environment (not on all maps but it works well on this one)
  • Bots / AI function is excellent; bots will use all possible path combination and variations randomly to and from the flags.
  • Will need help with a PS/3 cook if there is an interest, please PM if you can help with this.
  • Hopefully i did OK on this one, i could of spent an endless amount of time tweaking and fine-tuning it but it had to be released at some point; in order to move on with other projects

Screenshots:

BASE

UPPER BASE / HALLS

STADIUM

UPPER BASE / TO STAIRS

SNIPER / REDEAMER AREAS

STADIUM TOP

Credits:
  • Epic! for this awesome technology, - i'm convinced that there isn't much that you can't do with it, the potential is completely amazing.
  • John Paul 'Decker' Jones, Axeman, & Strider.
  • All of my testers; Rogue, iGniTe, Intimidator, GunrGurl, & Gussy.
  • Sneh! for giving me inspiration to bring back quality remakes.
  • Last but not least my Son for playing his first year of Flag Football and for capturing a flag this past weekend at his game.
  • & me

Honorable mentions: ((if i may - these members / groups have encouraged me with their talents & contributions)) Remus for some sickly insane awesome work, EvilEngine for some of the best custom characters i've seen, TheHitMan for his impeccable use of meshes with CTF-Armadus, stevelois for always encouraging and supporting the members of the UT3 official forums community, the members of this community who keep the fire burning, HO0815XX for additional awakening with the LavaGiant remake, the HOLP crews, CBP crews, utzone.com, & mapraider for providing solid mirrors

Download:

CTF-FootBall2k9-PC Download

CTF-Football2K9-PS/3 Download

HD Fly By Video
DEMON_ON_SLAUGHT View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote DEMON_ON_SLAUGHT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2009 at 2:43pm
downloading now, hope it's good

Post Reply Post Reply