Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Music, Movies and TV
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AVATAR
    Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 2:15am
***Spoilers***  Well, just went and watched 'AVATAR' this evening in '3D'.  Well, aside from the 3D it was an enjoyable flick.  The 3D made you focus on what "they" wanted you to see, not really giving you a chance to look around for fear of passing out, at some points i felt sick if i tried looking at out of focus objects.  I usually give a full write up after seeing a movie.   I must say, that the movie had little originality, i told my friend exactly what was going to happen after i seen the first 15 minutes.  Well, it played out exaclty the way i predicted.  Its basically, wifi controlled alien bodies plus 'The Last Samurai".  What really scared me is the pacing is DAMN near identical to The Last Samurai, leaving a somewhat distaste in my mouth.  Thats not to say The Last Samurai is a bad movie, on the conrtary it happens to be one of my favorite movies, but what we didnt need was a rehased sci fi version which cost a thousand times more to convey the same emotions.  -L.
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 12:04pm
I have NOT seen it and don't plan on it. but let me guess from the 2 trailers I've seen:

The evil and corrupt white man, fueled by his insatiable appetite for profit and greed invades an otherwise peaceful people who live in perfect harmony with nature and each other.

These natives inner beauty and goodness eventually overcome the darkness of one of the invading, evil conquerors and he joins them in the struggle against the invaders.

SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 3:20pm
That about sums it up.
SickNviciouS View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 7:34am
LOL Fluff.  That's a pretty good review.

I saw it in 2D.  While the storyline is predictable, the overall presentation is absolutely incredible.  The CGI is unreal.  Graphically appealing?  Get outta here!  No wonder this thing is already the #4 top grossing movie of all time and still climbing (saw that on CNN yesterday).

It worth the ticket price if you like a kissing movie hidden in a sci-fi flick filled with madness, mayhem and warfare.
Xerxes View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Xerxes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 7:45am
***Spoilers***  Well, just went and watched 'AVATAR' this evening in '3D'.  Well, aside from the 3D it was an enjoyable flick.  The 3D made you focus on what "they" wanted you to see, not really giving you a chance to look around for fear of passing out, at some points i felt sick if i tried looking at out of focus objects.  I usually give a full write up after seeing a movie.   I must say, that the movie had little originality, i told my friend exactly what was going to happen after i seen the first 15 minutes.  Well, it played out exaclty the way i predicted.  Its basically, wifi controlled alien bodies plus 'The Last Samurai".  What really scared me is the pacing is DAMN near identical to The Last Samurai, leaving a somewhat distaste in my mouth.  Thats not to say The Last Samurai is a bad movie, on the conrtary it happens to be one of my favorite movies, but what we didnt need was a rehased sci fi version which cost a thousand times more to convey the same emotions.  -L.

While the film is very predictable, and I had the same thoughts about trying to look around at things they didn't want you to be looking at, I felt that the film was put together so well that it really didn't matter. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it and think it was a fantastic film. Anyone who hasn't seen it should see it just for the experience of 3D in my opinion, but I'd happily watch that film over again in 2D I enjoyed it so much.

Similar to you, this film reminded me hugely of one of my favourite films, but I thought it was far, far more like 'Dances with Wolves' (I have seen The Last Samurai).
War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 12:41pm
I heard this on NPR yesterday its a quick Listen and very interesting comparison of the movie Avatar to the song tik tok by ke$ha.

I agree with the conclusion

SRC_ROLLTIDE View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 2:41pm
good movie IMO, prolly top 5 in the movies I saw in the last year...makes you really think about how much "control" we should have.  It sort of reminded me of The Surrogates that was released late last year.
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
AKA: RollTideAlabama, Rage-of-ROLLTIDE, Fear-of-ROLLTIDE
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 3:54pm
i liked the movie in 3D. it didn't really have an amazing story line but you could tell how much time and effort they put into making this movie.
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

Hey_Look_its_Trendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hey_Look_its_Trendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 4:03pm

This movie is just James Cameron's version of Ferngully

HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Hey_Look_its_Trendy

This movie is just James Cameron's version of Ferngully

Oh S***, I remember Ferngully!
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 11:44pm
Bring lots and lots of,....oil.
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 11:48pm
Speaking of Avatars...Lunchy's keeps changing everytime i see one of his posts...
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by Do_Or_Die_420

Speaking of Avatars...Lunchy's keeps changing everytime i see one of his posts...
Was removed, and i put it back up.
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

Originally posted by Do_Or_Die_420

Was removed, and i put it back up.

Now you dont have one...This is a very sad day for iamgaming...
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 7:28am
ive seen it twice in 3D now at the big screen and buzzed of it both times and have no complaints about it at all. mega sick film and cant wait to buy it on bluray
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 5:14pm
yeah its an amazing film.... and yep i agree with colossus. cant wait for blu ray..
Ninja_Monkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ninja_Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 3:47pm
I didn't want to see this for the few weeks it was out but then I kept hearing about how great it was so I finally gave in and saw it. Let me tell you, I was blown away! I can see why it's the #1 movie of all time now. Don't wait to see this on DVD it won't do it justice. You have to see it in theaters in 3D.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
 Post Reply Post Reply