| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > My toys...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Evo 4G (oh and Fvck AT&T)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
[qM]
[qM]

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Evo 4G (oh and Fvck AT&T)
    Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 5:42pm
So first off.. FVCK AT&T and this BS new data plans they have.

their average user uses 280mb a month.. so what do they do.. they create the 15 dollar plan for 200mb. They have the full intention of ripping people off by making them go over their 200 mbs (unless they purchase a smartphone just to have a cool looking phone, which is kinda dumb) and make them pay another 10 dollars just to get another 200 mbs (and possibly another 10 dollars for another 200 mbs)

at the same time, they offer a 2GB plan for almost the same price as the unlimited plan was.. which is shameful.. but they also give those people an extra gig for 10 dollars if they go over.. why do the 200 mb users only get 200 mbs for 10 when they go over? (ill tell you why, because the whole scheme of this is that people will opt to pay half of what they pay now, and end up paying more then what they pay now + using the att's 3g service less in order to preserve data usage and that in turn frees up their ****ty network some)

all this is going to lead to is so many users getting ripped off.. using their phones features less trying to save data usage etc.. and with the new iphone coming out next week it will have HD video and video chatting which will use alot more data then non hd-videos etc.

ok but enough puking over AT&T

the Evo 4G from sprint comes out tommorow, and a family plan with UNLIMITED data will cost me 150 a month, and ill have more minutes and better service.. this phone also uses the android OS and will do everything an iphone does + more (flash for one)

so my purpose of my thread is 2 things.. is anyone else excited for the Evo 4G?

is anyone else upset over AT&Ts sheisty new data plans?

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 7:22pm
i am! wtf! i use AT&T..
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 7:37pm
yea, i don't have a smart phone cuz im not fancy, but when i read about the new changes, i was stunned at how stoopid it was.
if i ever need a smart phone, it looks like Sprint is the way to go!  :o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 7:52pm
i have a smartphone :,(
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 8:25pm
harcore iphone user that left ATT for sprint and now on a hero.  which pales compared to iphone.  ATT is the evil corp giant trying to squeeeze money our of their users and they do suck ass but let's not get it twisted, android 2010=iPhone 2006.  (maybe).  I hate it but I like my plan and service..  if the iphone ever comes our for sprint Id buy it in a heartbeat.
InHuMaNe_KiLLa View Drop Down
Team GOML
Team GOML

Post Options Post Options   Quote InHuMaNe_KiLLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 8:43pm
Man you saved my life telling me about this!! I always complained about how gay sprint phones are (I have sprint) and I get a new one in July and I saw no good ones, but since you mentioned this one, I am probably going to get this since I have time to see the reviews!
PSN Tags - InHuMaN_KiLLa_v2 (for everything but UT3), InHuMaNe_KiLLa, KiLLa_is_QnL, GOML_-ScRuBz-
XBL - iMPuLs3 zV
wOa site created by me - woagaming.enjin.com
Team GOML
Team GOML

Post Options Post Options   Quote InHuMaNe_KiLLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 9:30pm
Doesn't look good for the Evo 4g now.. Probably be called back until july because recently (Just 10 minutes ago) and glitching bug hit the phones that has to deal with storage media..

TG DailyStorage Bug Hits HTC Evo 4G Phone Just Before LaunchWired NewsThe timing couldn't be worse: As Sprint's highly-anticipated 4G smartphone gets ready to go on sale, a glitch involving the phone's storage media has cropped up. A problem with the 8-GB MicroSD card that ships with the HTC Evo has ...Evo 4G launch hits snag with newly discovered glitch TG DailyHTC Evo 4G
PSN Tags - InHuMaN_KiLLa_v2 (for everything but UT3), InHuMaNe_KiLLa, KiLLa_is_QnL, GOML_-ScRuBz-
XBL - iMPuLs3 zV
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 9:20am
Originally posted by InHuMaNe_KiLLa

Doesn't look good for the Evo 4g now.. Probably be called back until july because recently (Just 10 minutes ago) and glitching bug hit the phones that has to deal with storage media..

TG DailyStorage Bug Hits HTC Evo 4G Phone Just Before LaunchWired NewsThe timing couldn't be worse: As Sprint's highly-anticipated 4G smartphone gets ready to go on sale, a glitch involving the phone's storage media has cropped up. A problem with the 8-GB MicroSD card that ships with the HTC Evo has ...Evo 4G launch hits snag with newly discovered glitch TG DailyHTC Evo 4G

nah dont worry dude that aint anything serious.. you know bloggers need stuff to write about.. almost everyone who has run into this issue has had it fixed by just sliding the micro sdhc card out and putting it back in.. you will be fine

i got my **** on order.. i dont know why i dont go down to the stores and buy it in person.. i think i like getting packages all the time.. they are like presents that arrive and make my day better :)
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 10:57am
I have Sprint too. Yeah, I might get HTC Evo 4G after my contract ends.

AT&T do have the worst plans and sorry phones except the iphone. I hate to say this, but there is no better phone than iphone.
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
Team GOML
Team GOML

Post Options Post Options   Quote InHuMaNe_KiLLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Deadaim

nah dont worry dude that aint anything serious.. you know bloggers need stuff to write about.. almost everyone who has run into this issue has had it fixed by just sliding the micro sdhc card out and putting it back in.. you will be fine

i got my **** on order.. i dont know why i dont go down to the stores and buy it in person.. i think i like getting packages all the time.. they are like presents that arrive and make my day better :)
Yeah I read that afterwards lol..
And LOL that is True!
XBL - iMPuLs3 zV
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 9:47pm
For home, I use Clear's 4G. With Sprint having a controlling share in the firm, I assume I'm routed through their towers. I'm pleased with their service.

My old cell is with AT&T. Occasionally, I get dropped calls, living in such an urban network.
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 10:01pm
中国 for the win!
GhostofalucarD View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote GhostofalucarD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Deadaim

Lol you said you like packages.
But ya I got a sprint moment that is way better than my old phone(check emails, most of the android apps work, slide out keyboard cus i hate trying to type on the small ass screen and it doesn't take up the space on the sreen, nice camera with flash and I got it for a 100 a few months ago but i think they went down again to 50 in some places) but still yes miles away from the iphone. I hope that Evo has multi touch and that 'slider keyboard function'. Sprint is good for the money and service but yes lacks the power of the iphone.
GhostofalucarD View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote GhostofalucarD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 3:40pm
So anyone get the Evo yet? I saw the Best Buy ad and it looked tight and only 200 (plus 10 extra a month for premium net).  The main thing that got me was I guess you can use it as a wifi hot spot for other devices. I wonder if its good enough to run a ps3 off it?
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 4:40pm
lol determined i was waiting for someone to say that..

anyhow potorikan: the new iphone 4 looks great.. its really a pity the thing is limited to ATT in america..
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by iAM_Determined

So anyone get the Evo yet? I saw the Best Buy ad and it looked tight and only 200 (plus 10 extra a month for premium net).  The main thing that got me was I guess you can use it as a wifi hot spot for other devices. I wonder if its good enough to run a ps3 off it?

On WiMax, I have mid-300ms ping for PS3. I assume it would be comparable for Evo..
 Post Reply Post Reply