FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

24 hours till USA get owned

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 24 hours till USA get owned
    Posted: 12 Jun 2010 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Drokun

lol england played way under their level
yeah yeah yeah that always happens. america played a great game and england underestimated us. kinda funny how the english were talking all this trash about how we were going to lose blah blah and it never happened XD
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2010 at 10:34pm
So much for getting owned, right?  Anyways, this 1-1 game, along with scores like 1-0 and 0-0 is exactly why I think your version of football is rather boring.  It's like the occasional boring field-goal  fest in the NFL or College Football.  You know, one where it's like that because both offenses simply suck and not because the defense on both sides is good.  Sure, there might a few good plays, but when it keeps boiling down to three/ four and out followed by either a field goal, punt, or turnover on downs over and over again, things tend to get boring fast.
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2010 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by SilverJ-17

So much for getting owned, right?  Anyways, this 1-1 game, along with scores like 1-0 and 0-0 is exactly why I think your version of football is rather boring.  It's like the occasional boring field-goal  fest in the NFL or College Football.  You know, one where it's like that because both offenses simply suck and not because the defense on both sides is good.  Sure, there might a few good plays, but when it keeps boiling down to three/ four and out followed by either a field goal, punt, or turnover on downs over and over again, things tend to get boring fast.
well, i can definitely see why it would seem boring to someone who isn't familiar with soccer but once you know how the game is played it's really exciting. i grew up playing soccer so i love it.

The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2010 at 10:47pm
I grew up in an area where it was played and kind of liked it, back then, but around fourth grade, everyone started getting into Football and well, I lost interest anyways.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 11:11am
STRIDER? WHERE'D YOU GO? NO COMMENT?
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 1:03pm
Strider is still crying in a corner somewhere. his kickball players didn't r3pe anyone? reality bites you hard as hell sometimes! its ok Strider dry your face and get over it. its just kickball lol
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by BAIN

STRIDER? WHERE'D YOU GO? NO COMMENT?
BA HAHAHA.
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 4:14pm
OK so far I hope uve established that

1 Football IS a contact sport
2 Sin pads, Goolie guards are good if u luv ur shins and gonads
3 It doesnt involve score lines that progress into double figures (well very rare anyway)
4 England FAIL at it especially in big tournaments like the WC
5 USA wont make it 2 the semis
6 Tuna's luv of Soccer and The Clash (great band) means hes a closet Englishman
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
oXxLunacyxXo View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote oXxLunacyxXo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 6:31pm
thats was funny i chuckled
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by TuNA FISh

yeah yeah yeah that always happens. america played a great game and england underestimated us. kinda funny how the english were talking all this trash about how we were going to lose blah blah and it never happened XD

lol idc about the forums, but I did expect more from the English football.. maybe next match they'll do decent :o
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 7:25pm

Originally posted by TuNA FISh

lol idc about the forums, but I did expect more from the English football.. maybe next match they'll do decent :o
No one actually under estimated USA it was all trash talk as usual cos thats what happens on here. In WC its normal for the first group game to be drawn especially between the 2 strongest teams in the group (England and USA). USA played OK and England never took their chances whilst looking vunerable to pace so a draw aint too bad. There are only 7 games to be played max so the margin of era is slim and chance and luck as well as bad decisions in knock out stages will often skew the results. In this competition you can win the cup without actually winning any of your matches during open play.
TBH England are possibly 8th strongest (Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Holland, Germany, Italy and France) then Portugal and USA with Ivory Coast behind them. I tipped the Dutch with a fit Arjen Robben b4 the start of the WC now its proly Spain or Holland.
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456